• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pity Party Parade

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
I think people's true identity comes out with anonymity.

I think its best to take arguments on their own merits regardless of anonymity.

It neither strengthens nor weakens the argument.

If everybody knew each other on Rf then the comments would be so watered down that barely anything meaningful would be said.
Sorry, but I disagree. When people are held accountable for their actions such at work, with friends, etc, they are more likely to hold back their innermost thoughts. How many people here would tell a coworkers spouse they'd really like to bang them? People might think it, but won't say it due to being held accountable for their actions. With anonymity, that's not a problem.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry, but I disagree. When people are held accountable for their actions such at work, with friends, etc, they are more likely to hold back their innermost thoughts. How many people here would tell a coworkers spouse they'd really like to bang them? People might think it, but won't say it due to being held accountable for their actions. With anonymity, that's not a problem.

Cool. I want to bang your co-workers wife.

Hey, you're right!

Darkforbid

26-jokes-guaranteed-to-make-star-wars-fans-laugh-2-21978-1449767087-20_dblbig.jpg
Then my arguments will be strong and people might Wiki me into a prophet.

AT-AT's true identity revealed

Last edited:

Road Warrior

I like to think I portray my personality correctly on here, but some may see me as being mildly strong when I can't even win a civilized debate with my mom.
You seem pretty stable and normal to me. As for your mom, it's different with loved ones. A lot of history there. No need to confirm it, but I'm guessing you're under 30. If you are older, then you need to grow a spine with Mom. :D

Seriously, our parents will always be our parents, but at some point we have to stop being "children" and become adults, even in our parent's eyes. There are various models of this but one is Transactional Analysis which analyzes how we communicate with others.

How to Use Psychology to Communicate Better and Avoid Conflict - Medium

A person might be a good adult business person and good leader but as soon as they are around their parent they revert to being a child. That's not how it should work. They should respect their parents and love them, but also talk with them like an adult. A friend.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
You haven’t seen mean. Not even close. The worst I’ve seen here is kittens and teddy bears compared to some other forums I’ve seen.

I agree. Rf is the most civil forum you will find. Oh well!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
You seem pretty stable and normal to me. As for your mom, it's different with loved ones. A lot of history there. No need to confirm it, but I'm guessing you're under 30. If you are older, then you need to grow a spine with Mom. :D

Seriously, our parents will always be our parents, but at some point we have to stop being "children" and become adults, even in our parent's eyes. There are various models of this but one is Transactional Analysis which analyzes how we communicate with others.

How to Use Psychology to Communicate Better and Avoid Conflict - Medium

A person might be a good adult business person and good leader but as soon as they are around their parent they revert to being a child. That's not how it should work. They should respect their parents and love them, but also talk with them like an adult. A friend.
Okay, using some TA here: OP is in the GAMES/PICS/JOKES/STORIES thread, and clearly from the Child ego state, where most so far have either approached this from either their Adult or Parent ego states...the transactions are crossed and everyone is surprised that their games (Let's You and Him Fight, NIGYYSOB, etc.) are being treated as jokes...:D

We Never Know

No Slack

Anonymity is a powerful thing to some people. I think they suffer from the internet Jekylle and Hyde syndrome lol. They can/want to purposely make people mad, run people down, etc with worrying about any repercussions.

Road Warrior

Okay, using some TA here: OP is in the GAMES/PICS/JOKES/STORIES thread, and clearly from the Child ego state, where most so far have either approached this from either their Adult or Parent ego states...the transactions are crossed and everyone is surprised that their games (Let's You and Him Fight, NIGYYSOB, etc.) are being treated as jokes...:D
If it had been posted anywhere but the joke forum, I'd agree with you on the OP. Agreed on the various reactions.

Road Warrior

Anonymity is a powerful thing to some people. I think they suffer from the internet Jekylle and Hyde syndrome lol. They can/want to purposely make people mad, run people down, etc with worrying about any repercussions.
Agreed, which, IMO, reveals their anger and/or frustrations. It's an example of Displaced Aggression.

Displaced Aggression Theory | Road Rage
Displaced aggression can occur when someone cannot aggress towards the source of incitement or provocation, so instead takes it out on something else and behaves aggressively towards another individual that had nothing to do with the initial conflict. According to Bushman in a 2005 study, “Aggression is displaced when the target is innocent of any wrongdoing but is simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Or science should work on a way we could punch a person through the internet

DeLxb.png

If that was possible then people wouldn't be honest anymore!

Instead of punching someone over the internet.

I just wish we had the freedom to speak our mind fully without worrying about cry babies trying to get people in trouble for hurting their fee fees.

Road Warrior

I just wish we had the freedom to speak our mind fully without worrying about cry babies trying to get people in trouble for hurting their fee fees.
There are a few forums where all people do is scream insults at each other. It's not as fun as some might think. Kinda like being forced to watch a Trump interview. :)

34be5h.jpg

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster

See, now we are at an impasse because I too am tired of people and their fee fees, I just want to punch those people over the internet who ***** and moan about how their feeling are hurt because their think their "freedoms" are being imposed on when you want to punch them in the face for being a bunch of self-entitled little infants crying "Muh freedums!". Sometimes a person needs a good whack behind the head so that they may understand that it is not all about them.