• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pillars of Iraivan

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
An all stone temple is being carved on the island of Kauai, and one of the interesting features is information carved into the stone pillars. Each of 24 pillars has 12 square protruding 'pictures' in stone, all illustrating an aspect of Hinduism. In the future, (not that far away) pilgrims can wander and look at each of the pillars, even try to figure out what each picture means or represents. it's a unique aspect of this amazing structure. Recently the monks of the Aadheenam which is building the temple created an app, (also a web-page, linked to here ...
https://www.himalayanacademy.com/pillars-of-iraivan/

that explains all of them. The web page has the pictures used as the basis for carving, but each is also carved into the stone.

The temple is becoming a pilgrimage site even before it's opened officially, and especially around school holidays, families are combining a holiday with a pilgrimage on the beautiful island of Kauai. When finished, with all the landscaping, it will be quite the place. A whole day on the grounds without seeing everything will be very doable.

On our (my SO and me) were on our recent pilgrimage there, I had the honour of being a spontaneous tour guide to this place. If anyone has any questions about it, I can probably answer them. I would highly recommend it as a place for Hindus to go to, at least once in your lifetime.