• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picture of Syrian kid

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hello all

I saw this image today,it's got me sad emotion ,for events we living now .
full

Jumi

I just saw part of a documentary, masses of refugees are moving back to Syria now that it's becoming safer after defeat of terrorists. Hope the kid finds home soon!

A Vestigial Mote

She may very well have been offering the food to the photographer, but the look and pose reminds me of something else I have seen children do. It's a reaction they have if they think they may be getting "caught in the act" of something they aren't 100% sure they're supposed to be doing. My kids did it hundreds of times. You catch them with the TV remote in their hands, about to put it in their mouth, and they suddenly offer it to you, kind of like "Oh! I was waiting to give you this... that's all. Nothing else to see here."

With the food it could have also been a little bit like offering because if the adult the kid is offering to just takes it and eats it as the only response, then it can be safely assumed that "everything is okay," and that the child, too, can continue eating. And if the response is "Hey, you're not supposed to have that!", then at least the child may have ameliorated the situation a bit by showing deference.

Ellen Brown

I just saw part of a documentary, masses of refugees are moving back to Syria now that it's becoming safer after defeat of terrorists. Hope the kid finds home soon!

I know a young Iraqi woman whose family fled to Syria in the pre ISIS war. You know, America's war of aggression in Iraq. She and her family are now in America, and seem to have no intention of returning to Iraq.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Hello all

I saw this image today,it's got me sad emotion ,for events we living now .
full

It's heartbreaking,not just this child though,there are many more,I've seen stats of 1 billion through war famine and being born in poverty,you could blame religious ignorance too,street kids the world over powerless victims,you can blame all the above except them,it's a mean harsh world.

Ellen Brown

It's heartbreaking,not just this child though,there are many more,I've seen stats of 1 billion through war famine and being born in poverty,you could blame religious ignorance too,street kids the world over powerless victims,you can blame all the above except them,it's a mean harsh world.

I was told that the root cause of the Syrian civil war was severe drought?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nature is like that. Always has been that way.

Jumi

I know a young Iraqi woman whose family fled to Syria in the pre ISIS war. You know, America's war of aggression in Iraq. She and her family are now in America, and seem to have no intention of returning to Iraq.
The western powers and some oil-rich countries wanted Assad out and supported rebels that turned out to be brutal fanatics. If not for that support, it would have been over long ago.