• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picture of Mars vs. the earth. So how did Moses know?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How am I denying all that? So we can understand it enough to manipulate it but how does that show that the genetic control centre came about naturally?
If you knew more of science, you would know. Nothing leads to the hand of any God.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How would knowing more science help we to know that?
I am already in the hand of God, so I know that being there is possible.
If you are totally in the hand of a God, then why worry about science? That is not your thing. Go back to your 1700 year old books. :)

Jack11

Moses may have written the words of Genesis on scrolls, but he couldn't author it, because it predates him by twenty-five centuries. So, either it was handed down from previous generations, or else it had to have been dictated to Moses by God.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Are the original documents supposed to exist thousands of years later?
God taught Moses that He is one but more than one.
"One" in Deut 6:4 speaks of a compound unity.
When the Angel (messenger) of the LORD appeared to Moses in the burning bush He spoke as if He is God.
When God said that He would go with Moses and Israel in the wilderness what He meant was that His Spirit would go with them.
Just as Muhammad is anti trinity so also he is anti Christian gospel and so anti Christ.
Sure, why not? Does this God not care about preserving "His" word? Is it not that important?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
A human is changing and doing it. God created the apes, God created the humans...if apes are evolving, then why can't they think, why can't they hold a job? This isn't Planet of the Apes Movie lol Give me one ape that transformed since man has come into being? There isn't one! It's all conjecture. I mean pigs are close to human DNA as well 84% so you gonna say we evolved from pigs as well?
The better question is, why do you expect the other great apes to "evolve" to the point that they are seeking human jobs? That's a rather bizarre misunderstanding of evolution you've got there.
We share a common ancestor with the other great apes. Like how you and your fourth cousin share a common ancestor.

This is not conjecture. Our relationship to the other great apes (and every other living thing on the planet) is demonstrable via comparative genomics.

gnostic

The Lost One
Moses may have written the words of Genesis on scrolls, but he couldn't author it, because it predates him by twenty-five centuries. So, either it was handed down from previous generations, or else it had to have been dictated to Moses by God.
There are no Genesis existing in the 4th millennium BCE (in which Adam and Seth supposed lived), nor in the 3rd millennium BCE (where the Flood supposedly took place in Noah’s time), nor did Genesis existed in the 2nd millennium BCE (where Abraham down to Moses and Joshua supposedly as well as the start of monarchy of the united Israelite kingdom).

In fact, there are no books of the Old Testament whatsoever pertaining to Moses and David existing in the late Bronze Age and early Iron Age (15th century to 10th century BCE). There no inscriptions on any stone or clay tablets, no papyri scrolls and no parchments written in ink existing in these periods...which make Moses and David existing as authors respectively to Exodus and Psalms as highly unlikely, let alone as real historical leaders also highly improbable.

And Solomon supposedly have wealthy empire in started constructing Jerusalem and its palaces and temple, and no such construction can be found dated to the 10th century BCE...as well as no other contemporary kingdoms ever wrote about Solomon, since he supposedly have developed diplomacy and trades through his marriages to princesses of foreign kingdoms. Around this time, the strongest nation of the time in the Middle East was in Assyria, and they kept fair good records of their rulers and their contemporaries through wars or through trades, have no mentions of David and Solomon.p

All of these, lack of historical records and archaeological evidence make me wonder if any of the books in the Old Testament were ever true.

Last edited:

MyM

The better question is, why do you expect the other great apes to "evolve" to the point that they are seeking human jobs? That's a rather bizarre misunderstanding of evolution you've got there.
We share a common ancestor with the other great apes. Like how you and your fourth cousin share a common ancestor.

This is not conjecture. Our relationship to the other great apes (and every other living thing on the planet) is demonstrable via comparative genomics.

Common sense, why are there apes? Where are the calculated stages that proves we evolved from apes nowadays? Where is a documented proof we came from apes...I mean eye witness, reports etc. To me, it's just not realistic and you can criticize me all you want, but I know where my truth lies :)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Understatement by a factor of one million is sure a mistake.

I do not see any evidence of design. What exists is explained by science except for one question - "Where from all this arose?" You too have no answer for that except 'Goddidit", which explains nothing. You do not have any evidence for existence of God or that he sent any "savior". Sure, there may have been a Jesus who was crucified by Romans. That too has no historical evidence.
Evidence of design might be that human babies do not look like cows or fish after they are born.
There are some historical evidences, by the way, that Jesus was killed by the Romans. One is by the Jewish writer Josephus.
"In the Antiquities of the Jews (written about 93 AD) Jewish historian Josephus stated (Ant 18.3) that Jesus was crucified by Pilate, writing that:...
Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, ... He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles ... And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross ..."
Commentary about this says, "Most modern scholars agree that while this Josephus passage (called the Testimonium Flavianum) includes some later interpolations, it originally consisted of an authentic nucleus with a reference to the execution of Jesus by Pilate"
So while there are no photos of this event, there are some historical references to it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Evidence of design might be that human babies do not look like cows or fish after they are born.
There are some historical evidences, by the way, that Jesus was killed by the Romans.
But before they are born, they are quite similar at the embryonic stage.
So, a person named Jesus, a common name at that time, was probably one among many who were crucified by Romans. Jesus was reportedly not alone when crucified but there were two more. Does it prove anything more?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I'm curious to know if plants were created on Day Three of the Genesis Creation account, and the sun was made on Day Four of the Genesis Creation account, then what heated the Earth for plants to survive between Genesis Creation Day Three and Genesis Creation Day Four?
Do you know, Suave, when light is first mentioned in Genesis 1?

Verse 3. So what was the source of that light?

Day 1 also tells us ‘there was day and night.’ That means the Sun’s light was there already.

The Sun itself just wasn’t visible until Day 4, apparently due to heavy cloud cover, the “darkness” in verse 2.

Brian2

Veteran Member
There are no Genesis existing in the 4th millennium BCE (in which Adam and Seth supposed lived), nor in the 3rd millennium BCE (where the Flood supposedly took place in Noah’s time), nor did Genesis existed in the 2nd millennium BCE (where Abraham down to Moses and Joshua supposedly as well as the start of monarchy of the united Israelite kingdom).

In fact, there are no books of the Old Testament whatsoever pertaining to Moses and David existing in the late Bronze Age and early Iron Age (15th century to 10th century BCE). There no inscriptions on any stone or clay tablets, no papyri scrolls and no parchments written in ink existing in these periods...which make Moses and David existing as authors respectively to Exodus and Psalms as highly unlikely, let alone as real historical leaders also highly improbable.

And Solomon supposedly have wealthy empire in started constructing Jerusalem and its palaces and temple, and no such construction can be found dated to the 10th century BCE...as well as no other contemporary kingdoms ever wrote about Solomon, since he supposedly have developed diplomacy and trades through his marriages to princesses of foreign kingdoms. Around this time, the strongest nation of the time in the Middle East was in Assyria, and they kept fair good records of their rulers and their contemporaries through wars or through trades, have no mentions of David and Solomon.p

All of these, lack of historical records and archaeological evidence make me wonder if any of the books in the Old Testament were ever true.

Some sceptics say that Jesus did not write anything and so we don't know what He said.
David and Solomon wrote things and sceptic still question their existence.
You should keep up with the findings of archaeology and you might realise that there is evidence for David and Solomon, but who cares, they wrote things and you don't think they existed. I wonder how much evidence would have to be found for you to accept their existence.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Actually, Yes, In Islam, the word of God the Quran will last until the end times.

Until as early as the 19th century people thought they were from Moses, but now, the scholars have found out that they are not from Moses. :)
In Islam, you cannot be a Muslim if you don't believe in Jesus. We believe he is a mighty messenger of God, healed the blind, deaf etc with God's permission because we know he cannot do anything but through God (his words), we believe that he is born from the Virgin Maryam, we believe he in the second coming and we love Jesus. His real name isn't Jesus (Eesa alayhi salam-Jesus on him peace). But in Islam, we just don't believe that Jesus came with anything new, that he was only sent to the house of Israel and he professed ONE GOD. He did say he wasn't to come to change the law, but to fullfill it correct? So the Jews, never believed in the trinity, nor did Abraham, Noah, etc. ...was all monotheism.

Christianity is monotheistic.
Islam denies the gospel that Jesus brought, the New Covenant promised by God in the prophets.

MyM

Christianity is monotheistic.
Islam denies the gospel that Jesus brought, the New Covenant promised by God in the prophets.

Hello :) I once asked a person this:

Do you believe that there is God? answer Yes
Do you believe that Jesus is God? answer Yes
Do you believe that the Holy Spirit is part of God? Yes

how many seperate beings do you see?
God is the father, Jesus then becomes God, then the holy spirit is part of both yet in the bible the holy spirit wasn't supposed to be there according to John14
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 16:7-8
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The holy spirit was or wasn't during the time of Jesus? What about when John the Baptist was in the womb of his mother? These things are in the Bible.

Anyways, Jesus didn't come to bring anything new... the laws were to stay the same. He brought his message to the people of Israel...so he says he is only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. :)

We don't deny Eesa alayhi salaam (Jesus on him peace) we know he taught one God just like all the prophets and messengers taught from before. Mohammad pbuh, just finalized all that came before. :) .... Doesn't that sound like a comforter?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Common sense, why are there apes? Where are the calculated stages that proves we evolved from apes nowadays? Where is a documented proof we came from apes...I mean eye witness, reports etc. To me, it's just not realistic and you can criticize me all you want, but I know where my truth lies :)

That is definitely not "common sense" when it comes to evolution. Human beings didn't evolve from any living great apes, rather, we share a common ancestor with them. Nobody that understands evolution expects to see "documented proof we came from apes ... eyewitnesses, reports, etc." because nobody who understands evolution thinks we evolved from any living great apes. This is known based on patterned similarities (nested hierarchies) found when comparing our genomes. The same method is used when tracing family lineages. It's how you know that you and your cousin share a common ancestor in your grandparents, for example.

I would suggest taking a course in evolution, for a better understanding of it.

A good starting place:
Evolution 101 - Understanding Evolution