• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pics of your musical instruments?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I own five guitars

Here is a pic of my latest addition - or at least a guitar that is identical to the one I own

It is a DG200DX manufactured by Cort

It's epic and rocks like a (very rude word) and I actually prefer it to the more expensive guitars that I own

I think it would be cool if in this thread people posted pics of their musical instruments - or pictures of what model their musical instrument is :D

cort.png

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Me too... 1 electric guitar, 5 acoustic guitars (2 not pictured), 1 electric bass, 1 acoustic bass, 1 keyboard, 1 uke, 1 violin. I can noodle around with the uke. The violin, keyboard and one of the acoustic guitars, a 3/4, are because my husband wanted to learn. Needless to say he hasn’t touched them. I know nothing of the violin family. I used to noodle around pretty well with a keyboard and would like to get into it again. I suck on bass and may take lessons. I’m a lazy cowboy chords rhythm player. I avoid barre chords at all costs. I transpose or find other voicing.

upload_2021-12-6_11-45-2.jpeg upload_2021-12-6_11-45-24.jpeg upload_2021-12-6_11-47-21.jpeg

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven’t heard much about Ovations in quite a while.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I can post it later, but basically it's a blue guitar covered in Lisa Frank stickers (that's what I get for leaving it in a room with toddlers...although to be fair, it could have been worse.)

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I haven’t heard much about Ovations in quite a while.

It's my traveling guitar. I don't really play acoustic guitar - the action is higher, and it is more difficult (and risky) bending strings, so it's really a different instrument. By the eighties, I had finished school, begun working, and began travelling. My first trip to Hawaii, I found myself wanting a guitar, and rented one from a local music store for the week. Thereafter, I bought and would travel with the Ovation, as I could play it on the beach without an amplifier. Otherwise, it just sits.

My wife is a bass player like you. She also has an electric bass and an acoustic-electric bass for traveling. We've played on cruise ships and all-inclusives with our acoustic instruments (not booked or hired, just invited once there with our instruments), but otherwise, it's always the electric instruments whether practicing or performing.

upload_2021-12-6_15-2-37.jpeg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Me too... 1 electric guitar, 5 acoustic guitars (2 not pictured), 1 electric bass, 1 acoustic bass, 1 keyboard, 1 uke, 1 violin. I can noodle around with the uke. The violin, keyboard and one of the acoustic guitars, a 3/4, are because my husband wanted to learn. Needless to say he hasn’t touched them. I know nothing of the violin family. I used to noodle around pretty well with a keyboard and would like to get into it again. I suck on bass and may take lessons. I’m a lazy cowboy chords rhythm player. I avoid barre chords at all costs. I transpose or find other voicing.

View attachment 58131 View attachment 58132 View attachment 58134
I like the keyboard.

I'm to embarrassed to post mine.

It's a Casio.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Casio for me has that tinny sound but it's cheap.

I love Yamaha though but expensive.

Yamaha is a good name all around. My acoustics are a Yamaha FGTA and FG800, my electric bass is a TRBX174. I wanted the Yamaha FG820-12 12-string but they weren’t to be had. I got an Epiphone DR212 12-string and love it.