• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pics of where you used to live

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I've been looking up places where I used to live, on Google Street View

I thought it would make an interesting thread if people posted pictures of where they used to live

Without identifying the actual address, of course

Below is a pic of where I lived in Coventry when I was a student back in 2004

The room I lived in has its window directly above the door (which is in fact not the main door but rather a side door)

houseWR.png

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Behind these trees is the house I grew up in (all you can see anymore from the street is a bit of the garage). My step-father built the house, which is a two story colonial (I did a good part of the laboring and nailing off the lath behind the plaster). All the mature trees you see I planted or helped to plant.

upload_2021-2-23_8-29-6.png

This is the aerial view of the property...

upload_2021-2-23_8-34-13.png

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I used to live in Pittsburgh up until I was 15. Here's the skyline. I would drive with my dad to go pick up mom, and we'd drive through the tunnels and on the bridge passed this on our way. I miss it some days.
url

Edit to add: I just realized we are doing street view! Let me see what I can find :)

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I thought it would make an interesting thread if people posted pictures of where they used to live

The room I lived in has its window directly above the door (which is in fact not the main door but rather a side door)

View attachment 48001

This is where I grew up, the first house I remember in our town in upstate NY (late 60s/early 70s).

upload_2021-2-23_7-36-45.png

Looks a bit different now, but not too much different.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I wanted to post a picture of the hospital in California where I was born, but it was torn down many years ago, so this is the best I could do:

upload_2021-2-23_7-53-2.png

I was born in a Walgreen's parking lot, apparently.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The boy's private boarding school where I lived for four years. Loved it. (I didn't really have another home through this time, and summers were spent in a variety of foster homes, so this school is what I considered "home.")

pickering-banner (1).jpg

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
This is the psychiatric ward I was detained on against my will in 2004

In this pic it is actually being demolished, they have since replaced it with a new building

I wish I could have played a part in its demolition, perhaps by setting off some dynamite? Or having a go at swinging a wrecking ball into it?

ccc.jpg

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

View attachment 48001

IMG_6738.jpg-1920x.jpg

Ciao
- viole

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This is where i was dragged up as a child
images (1).jpeg

And this was my playground until the archeologists came along
bbcd1c52b7b346213b72f354db02d7a2.jpg

Then life happened, i can't find a pic of the last place we lived before moving to France but here's the one before
b3e38cb2-1bd5-4c0d-9c23-a77bfb827cce-41.jpg

And now, you can see our house from here
village-restaurant-petit-paris-daglan-dordogne-3.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 48001
oldhouse.png

Long ago. Looks pretty good, doesn't it? Its originally a 3 bedroom with a small kitchen and garage. Since I lived in it someone has turned the included garage into an extra room, and they have built an external garage. The trees are new.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
52fb802f97b3a97cf061a2401496c769l-m607105961xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
392f897a68b47df8ae4e462de6689597l-m0xd-r3_w100_h100_q80.jpg

This is a house I lived in for 6 years. Its my most memorable. My older two sons spent the larger part of their lives there, and many of our cats 'found' us there.

The second picture was taken when we actually lived there. We put the book box in(which we later donated to a preschool, after we moved), and that's my red truck in the drive; I came home from the hospital in that truck when I was born, and so did my middle son. Its an old truck.