• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pickles

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Does anyone else pickle veggies?
These are refrigerator pickles--easy rainy day project. I made these for Banh Mi sandwiches.
Pickled daikon radish and carrots, pickled red onion, cucumbers, and red onion relish (I accidently had the food processer disc on shred/grate side instead of the slice side for that one, so it is onion relish instead of pickled onions.)
pickles2.png

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I love all pickles, veg or non-veg. My favs are Kair / Kumathiya (Capparis decidua / flat beans), a Rajasthani/Punjabi speciality, chili, and if I can get, bamboo pickle. Th normal is mango pickle. I do not like lime pickle.

360px-Capparis_decidua_green_unripe_fruits.JPG
iu
Kair Kumathiya

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Although they are both called pickles, there is a huge difference between European pickles and Indian pickles. Sometimes people have only tried one of these, and get quite the surprise when they try the other. I like both.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Although they are both called pickles, there is a huge difference between European pickles and Indian pickles. Sometimes people have only tries one of these, and get quite the surprise when they try the other. I like both.

I love both, though I had to learn how to eat an Indian pickle. Grabbing out of the jar and tossing into your mouth isn't usually the way to go...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't make much pickled stuff, but perhaps i should. Last i made was a batch of pickled onions for a barbecue. They went down very well among the french who had never seen them before