• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pick an ugly girl to marry you

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Am I the only person that notices that ugly poor people or those with handicaps are nicer on average then beautiful or handsome people with lots of money and nice cars?

They are also less standoffish!

They seem wiser on average as well.

That's my experience in real life.

Can you tell me what are the reasons?

Could you picture a supermodel going to the gutters of Calcutta to care for lepers like Mother Teresa did?

if Mother Teresa had been a beautiful supermodel, I don't think she would have hung out with lepers and whiped behinds free of charge.

And I don't think fear of getting raped would have been a big factor in choosing a different vocation.

Everyone told Mother Teresa that if she went to Lebanon during the Civil War, she would get killed.

She said "for love of Jesus I will get killed." If she's willing to suffer and die, she's willing to take the risk getting sexual assault as well!

I've met attractive nuns as well and they were also standoffish. I said hello, or gave a handshake during mass, and they just looked at me with some standoffish look like I was a piece of crap!

When their good looks disappear, I guarantee you they will be more friendly and kind.

According to Tradition, the devil was the most beautiful of God's angels!

According to a proverb, "pride comes before the fall!"

What else do you have to say about that?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You think Melania Trump really likes her husband?

Take away the money and take away the power, and see how long it lasts Lol! :D

We have an attractive staff member at our complex. I asked her to marry me once. I jumped off a building shortly afterwards.

She hangs out with us probably because it makes her feel better about herself, and she's getting paid to sometimes play cards with people, watch a movie with us, and hand out medications.

Anyway, I would encourage you to listen to the YouTube in the OP. Listen to the lyrics. There's a lot of truth to it.

Also, if you have nothing to say about the Opie, I'll start a second thread unrelated:

Have you ever posted on RF while you were at work? I don't mean it during your lunch break lol

If so, you are technically making money posting on RF ;)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@Revoltingest would make the best father and husband of anybody at RF.

Please God tell me he didn't sell himself short by marrying a supermodel.

If so, where did all of his wisdom come from?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I bet there's people in nursing homes who are better looking now than they were when they were in early twenties.

It all depends on what a person defines as beautiful. Some people find humility, charity, and maturity to be more precious than external appearance which is so fragile and temporary.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Please God tell me he didn't sell himself short by marrying a supermodel.

If so, where did all of his wisdom come from?
Don't ask long suffering (39th anniversary this month) Mrs Revolt about my husbandly qualities.
No longer in the supermodel business, she's a health care analyst.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Time is something in finite supply. People want to make their experiences count for something. Finite energy, finite time. Happiness is a prime motive. Some people have temporal motives, others have eternal motives. The self motive in a western society is strong. Selfless people have to be careful too.

Finding one's work in life can make happiness without the need to try to fit a square peg in a round hole with other people.

Like motives attract like people.

Of course i am disabled now, and have not had the social life i once had. I met some nice ladies while i was in the hospital. They would give me there numbers and id hang out with them for awhile, but then i thought my illness was too much with the illnesses they had. So now i just concentrate on helping family.

Still i am comstantly reading books to find something to work at instead.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

lion-cheetah-meme-laughing-in-front-of-computer-screen.jpg