• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Physics or Spirit?

nPeace

Veteran Member

For 18 years John taught high school physics, and says it's not physics. I agree.
I've seen this played out before, but the end result does not appear to be consistent with physics.

Your thoughts, and why.

nPeace

Veteran Member
It's fascinating. Thousands die in horrific car accidents every year. One guy gets lucky, and theists think it's some kind of miracle from a loving God.
Who said anything about a miracle from a loving God..... well, other than John... :shrug:?
My brother would say Good Grief! :facepalm:

nPeace

Veteran Member
It's fascinating. Thousands die in horrific car accidents every year. One guy gets lucky, and theists think it's some kind of miracle from a loving God.
What's wrong with a loving God saving a few people though? Why does a loving God have to save all, if his intention is to save all eventually... all those who wants to be saved, that is?

Viker

Häxan

For 18 years John taught high school physics, and says it's not physics. I agree.
I've seen this played out before, but the end result does not appear to be consistent with physics.

Your thoughts, and why.
Clearly, without pausing, it can be seen that the SUV dips down into part of the gutter after hitting the pole. This launches the SUV upward. It's physics with the right timing at the right place. A little luck might be involved but physics can explain.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
What's wrong with a loving God saving a few people though? Why does a loving God have to save all, if his intention is to save all eventually... all those who wants to be saved, that is?

Why would a loving God randomly save just a few if she has the power to save more who she lets die en masse? Who doesn't want to be saved from a car accident? The vast majority of us do, I'd wager.

Again, what do you think caused this event, if it wasn't physics or God?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I am asking if it is consistent with physics, since, it does not seem to be.
I want an 'expert' opinion.
If it is something other than physics, it would be spirit.
However, it does not have to be God. There are many spirits on the earth, and they are not on God's side.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Clearly, without pausing, it can be seen that the SUV dips down into part of the gutter after hitting the pole. This launches the SUV upward. It's physics with the right timing at the right place. A little luck might be involved but physics can explain.
Well, if it goes into a gutter, that would make sense, because it's not on solid ground.
I did not observe that.
I'll take a closer look.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I am asking if it is consistent with physics, since, it does not seem to be.
I want an 'expert' opinion.
If it is something other than physics, it would be spirit.
However, it does not have to be God. There are many spirits on the earth, and they are not on God's side.

I see, so you think it was a demon who saved the priest from the car accident?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Why would a loving God randomly save just a few if she has the power to save more who she lets die en masse? Who doesn't want to be saved from a car accident? The vast majority of us do, I'd wager.

Why would it be random?
Why can God not save particular individuals for a particular purpose?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Why would it be random?
Why can God not save particular individuals for a particular purpose?

I have no idea why God would do what she allegedly does. What's the purpose of saving a select few from various accidents and letting the rest suffer and/or die? Particularly if her "intention is to save them all," as you claimed?

nPeace

Veteran Member

I have no idea why God would do what she allegedly does. What's the purpose of saving a select few from various accidents and letting the rest suffer and/or die?
Same reason God chose a select few for the saving of mankind.