• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photos from Guilin, China

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Sun and moon pagodas, also known as the gold and silver pagodas, because that’s how they look at night.

D5184D74-244C-42B8-A98F-8A43E8C118D6.jpeg

Jim

Nets of Wonder
2E533E54-4104-4F47-A839-8073E0AFB8B8.jpeg
I might have learned what to do for my boiled eggs to be easy to peel every time.

Attachments

• EA0CD842-493F-43C6-A248-2EB0769D5FDD.jpeg
    EA0CD842-493F-43C6-A248-2EB0769D5FDD.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 0

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sun and moon pagodas, also known as the gold and silver pagodas, because that’s how they look at night.

View attachment 34856
My nieces were born in China. My brother-in-law has pictures as well of the country and no doubt China is an extremely beautiful in numerous ways.

Aside from the urban areas of course. Heh. ;0)

Great photo set @Jim ! I'll bet the memories of your visit will last the rest of your life. :0)

Oh just wondering. Did you try any long leaf teas there?

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Nets of Wonder
My nieces were born in China. My brother-in-law has pictures as well of the country and no doubt China is an extremely beautiful in numerous ways.

Aside from the urban areas of course. Heh. ;0)

Great photo set @Jim ! I'll bet the memories of your visit will last the rest of your life. :0)

Oh just wondering. Did you try any long leaf teas there?
I don’t even know what long leaf teas are!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don’t even know what long leaf teas are!

I didn't know either until I met a really kind gentleman who came from China to the US and became a citizen during my OTR travels.

He brought the tea with him from China and they come in a long wooden box with whole long tea leaves neatly stacked inside surrounded by wax paper. The box was opened by sliding the wooden cover to the side.

He took a cup of hot water and just dropped the tea leaves in the cup. It was the complete leaf, not ground or crushed or anything. we shot the bull while it was seeping and when I drank the tea, it was absolutely delicious.

It was one of my fondest memories because of his kindness and the delicious tea. :0)

Reactions: Jim