• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philadelphia Shooter and the "Culture of Disrespect"

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Of course there are those that would rather not acknowledge the obvious, a career criminal that had multiple convictions and felonies and was being served a narcotics warrant shot numerous police. It's nothing new that convicted felons and drug dealers don't follow the law but instead there were shouts to blame everything from Trump to the NRA, "we must stand up to the NRA" who is one of the gun rights organizations that have said as long as I can remember that we need to enforce the laws we already have in place to calls for more gun control. If Trump is supposedly partially responsible for the El Paso shooting then by rights Black Lives Matter are directly responsible for the shootings in Philadelphia.

"Mr. Hill, 36 years old, has a lengthy criminal record, dating back to at least 2001. Previous charges against him include aggravated assault, drug possession and illegal gun possession, according to court records. "

"William McSwain, U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, on Thursday renewed his attacks against District Attorney Larry Krasner, a Democrat, saying he has fostered a “culture of disrespect” toward law enforcement. Mr. McSwain said the disrespect was on display during Wednesday’s shooting, which was allegedly carried out by a man with a long criminal record."

"Earlier this year, federal prosecutors said the Philadelphia district attorney’s office had been too lenient toward a man convicted of shooting a store owner with an AK-47 during a robbery attempt. Under a plea deal, the shooter received a sentence of at least 3½ years in state prison. Mr. McSwain subsequently brought federal robbery and weapons charges against the man.
Mr. Krasner, a self-proclaimed progressive who filed 75 civil-rights lawsuits in his 30-year career and represented Black Lives Matter activists, won the Democratic primary for district attorney, fueled by strong support from African-American voters and a $1.5 million ad blitz from billionaire investor George Soros."

source:

Philadelphia Federal Prosecutor Blames Police Shooting on ‘Culture of Disrespect’ - WSJ

If you can find anything similar to what BLM and others have been supporting and promoting for years that Trump has said feel free to post it. I have never once heard Trump say "What do we want? dead Mexicans, when do we want it? Right Now!"

***edit photo removed***

Trump said: "I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches"

Clown World NPC: "Trump said "I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches" that is secret dog whistle politics to encourage bringing back the public lynching of people of colour....and negroes"

Last edited by a moderator:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
How dare you destroy the narrative in a single post! Haroomph I say.....haroomph!

:D

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course there are those that would rather not acknowledge the obvious, a career criminal that had multiple convictions and felonies and was being served a narcotics warrant shot numerous police. It's nothing new that convicted felons and drug dealers don't follow the law but instead there were shouts to blame everything from Trump to the NRA, "we must stand up to the NRA" who is one of the gun rights organizations that have said as long as I can remember that we need to enforce the laws we already have in place to calls for more gun control. If Trump is supposedly partially responsible for the El Paso shooting then by rights Black Lives Matter are directly responsible for the shootings in Philadelphia.

"Mr. Hill, 36 years old, has a lengthy criminal record, dating back to at least 2001. Previous charges against him include aggravated assault, drug possession and illegal gun possession, according to court records. "

"William McSwain, U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, on Thursday renewed his attacks against District Attorney Larry Krasner, a Democrat, saying he has fostered a “culture of disrespect” toward law enforcement. Mr. McSwain said the disrespect was on display during Wednesday’s shooting, which was allegedly carried out by a man with a long criminal record."

"Earlier this year, federal prosecutors said the Philadelphia district attorney’s office had been too lenient toward a man convicted of shooting a store owner with an AK-47 during a robbery attempt. Under a plea deal, the shooter received a sentence of at least 3½ years in state prison. Mr. McSwain subsequently brought federal robbery and weapons charges against the man.
Mr. Krasner, a self-proclaimed progressive who filed 75 civil-rights lawsuits in his 30-year career and represented Black Lives Matter activists, won the Democratic primary for district attorney, fueled by strong support from African-American voters and a $1.5 million ad blitz from billionaire investor George Soros."

source:

Philadelphia Federal Prosecutor Blames Police Shooting on ‘Culture of Disrespect’ - WSJ

If you can find anything similar to what BLM and others have been supporting and promoting for years that Trump has said feel free to post it. I have never once heard Trump say "What do we want? dead Mexicans, when do we want it? Right Now!"

141222-siegel-embed-2_w7wyxu.jpg

Clown World NPC: "Trump said "I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches" that is secret dog whistle politics to encourage bringing back the public lynching of people of colour....and negroes"

Well, there may very well be a culture of disrespect, although I think the War on Drugs should also be considered a factor. If there had not been a war on drugs, there would not have been a narcotics warrant, and then there would have been no shooting.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Well, there may very well be a culture of disrespect, although I think the War on Drugs should also be considered a factor. If there had not been a war on drugs, there would not have been a narcotics warrant, and then there would have been no shooting.

Does Maurice Hill have any responsibility in all this? I find it very interesting that when this first came out White Nationalism was intimated as a factor, then the facts started coming out.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Does Maurice Hill have any responsibility in all this? I find it very interesting that when this first came out White Nationalism was intimated as a factor, then the facts started coming out.

I was mainly addressing the point about the culture of disrespect and citing other possible peripheral factors in contributing to the overall situation. It doesn't mitigate the shooter's responsibility or excuse anything he did.

I don't recall white nationalism being cited or intimated as a factor in this case.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

source:

141222-siegel-embed-2_w7wyxu.jpg

People preaching a culture of disrespect have to live with the consequences, including Trump.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I was mainly addressing the point about the culture of disrespect and citing other possible peripheral factors in contributing to the overall situation. It doesn't mitigate the shooter's responsibility or excuse anything he did.

I don't recall white nationalism being cited or intimated as a factor in this case.

White Nationalism was intimated albeit very briefly in the initial stages.
I do think that the cities progressive policies did have a lot to do with Maurice Hill being on the street instead of locked up where he should have been. he had multiple arrests and convictions that he spent very little time for including illegal gum charges (felon in possession of a firearm) before his latest crime.
Then we have the issue of calling for more gun control when obviously in this case the system that was in place was watered down, if they are not going to enforce the laws that are already in place then why call for more? Why call for "standing up to the NRA " who has always advocated for legal and safe use of firearms and enforcement of existing laws? Politics as usual from where I sit but can you also see where law abiding citizens may not want to give up rights because criminals break the law and politicians want to grandstand for votes?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's not a "cultural of disrespect," it's a culture "we've had it with being abused by the police, done with their militarizing bull****, no more of their trampling our rights, **** their badge and thinking it gives them a permission slip to do whatever the hell they want" kind of mentality that is the response the many, many years and decades of police abuse. If the police want respect, they should start working to earn it.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
White Nationalism was intimated albeit very briefly in the initial stages.

I didn't hear any of that, although there have been quite a few shootings involving white nationalists lately, so maybe someone jumped to a hasty conclusion about this case before all the facts came to light.

I recall when they first thought the OKC bombing was done by an Arab guy.

I do think that the cities progressive policies did have a lot to do with Maurice Hill being on the street instead of locked up where he should have been. he had multiple arrests and convictions that he spent very little time for including illegal gum charges (felon in possession of a firearm) before his latest crime.

It could very well be that there are liberals and/or progressives who are too soft on crime. I wouldn't deny that. I would also question why someone with that many arrests and offenses was still out in society, so I'm not disagreeing with you entirely here.

But I also know that there have been people put in prison for crimes they didn't commit, as well as people locked up for things which shouldn't even be crimes (such as drug possession). That's not a sign of "progressive policies."

The way it looks at present, some people are getting unduly harsh sentences while others get ridiculously light sentences. Many (including myself) believe that the punishment should fit the crime, but believing in that is like believing in Santa Claus. Our justice system sucks.

Then we have the issue of calling for more gun control when obviously in this case the system that was in place was watered down, if they are not going to enforce the laws that are already in place then why call for more? Why call for "standing up to the NRA " who has always advocated for legal and safe use of firearms and enforcement of existing laws? Politics as usual from where I sit but can you also see where law abiding citizens may not want to give up rights because criminals break the law and politicians want to grandstand for votes?

I'm not calling for any more laws. I've also not said anything about "standing up to the NRA." That doesn't even make any sense from the viewpoint of advocating for more gun control.

If one wants stricter gun controls in the U.S., then the only real way to accomplish that is to call for a Constitutional Amendment to supersede, alter, or eliminate the Second Amendment. You don't need to stand up to the NRA in order to do that.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It's not a "cultural of disrespect," it's a culture "we've had it with being abused by the police, done with their militarizing bull****, no more of their trampling our rights, **** their badge and thinking it gives them a permission slip to do whatever the hell they want" kind of mentality that is the response the many, many years and decades of police abuse. If the police want respect, they should start working to earn it.

- are o.k with people marching down the street calling for the murder of police
-do you condone the shooting of police?
-do you think the random assassinations of police officers in the 70s by the BLA (black liberation army) were justified?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
- are o.k with people marching down the street calling for the murder of police
-do you condone the shooting of police?
-do you think the random assassinations of police officers in the 70s by the BLA (black liberation army) were justified?
No. Murder and disrespect are not mutually or inherently related. The police as a whole have not gained our trust or respect. They're the only ones who can fix that. They're so unethical and immoral even that they do their own internal investigations of possible wrong doing. They don't serve and protect, they harass and intimidate. They don't deserve to be murdered, but they do deserve disrespect. Until they start cleaning their act up, remind them of who they work for.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
No. Murder and disrespect are not mutually or inherently related. The police as a whole have not gained our trust or respect. They're the only ones who can fix that. They're so unethical and immoral even that they do their own internal investigations of possible wrong doing. They don't serve and protect, they harass and intimidate. They don't deserve to be murdered, but they do deserve disrespect. Until they start cleaning their act up, remind them of who they work for.

Are you o.k. with people marching down the street openly calling for the murder of police?

Who do you think criticized police for not taking care of crime in L.A. during their drug wars, the people that lived in the neighbourhoods affected, they called for more police presence then the riots.

InChrist

Free4ever
Aren't you making huge generalizations by lumping all police officers together as unethical and immoral?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It's fun watching the trumpettes and usual suspects flail wildly looking for any rationalisation to explain America's gun crime epidemic other than the blatantly obvious primary cause.

No wait, not fun, sad and pathetic, that's what I meant.

Shad

Veteran Member

Making all drugs legal is not a solution.

Shad

Veteran Member
If one wants stricter gun controls in the U.S., then the only real way to accomplish that is to call for a Constitutional Amendment to supersede, alter, or eliminate the Second Amendment.

Fastest way to start a civil war.