• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petition to God

sparc872

Simon Gnosis, I agree with you 100 percent. My OP was more directed at those people who believe that suffering in this world is a result only of the fall of man and that there will be no suffering in Heaven. It was directed towards the people who believe that we will be saved by a Messiah who has yet to come or is going to come again.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Simon Gnosis said:
Bad things happen but so do good things the trick is realising that both things are essential for the universe to operate.
Precisely. Those who complain about why this or that happened fail to see the entirety of the situation.

Great post!

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
NetDoc said:
Precisely. Those who complain about why this or that happened fail to see the entirety of the situation.

Great post!
Well, not really. In the case of not believing in God I agree. because it is like it is and appareantly needed.

Yet if you do believe in God, that the way this world is, is because God created it that way. If God can change it, then you can complain as much as you wish, either justified or not. and as none of us ate forbidden fruits...

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
sparc872 said:
Simon Gnosis, I agree with you 100 percent. My OP was more directed at those people who believe that suffering in this world is a result only of the fall of man and that there will be no suffering in Heaven. It was directed towards the people who believe that we will be saved by a Messiah who has yet to come or is going to come again.

What about my belief? I believe that suffering in this world is just that, suffering (not because of the fall of man, but out of sheer happenstance -either that or as a part of our own predetermined 'learning curves' towards Godhood.

I do believe that Jesus Christ will will return, and it is through his own sacrifice that we will be forgiven our sins.

At the same time, I find your tongue in cheek 'petition' inapplicable.

Scuba Pete

I never said you did. You made an "if/then" statement and I merely showed a different "if". Obviously, I don't want people to think that because you are a Christian you are so inclined to whine as the OP did.

Scuba Pete

Why false? It's impossible for any one person to see every aspect of every issue. It's good for us to make point/counter point in order to understand each other better. Hopefully we both are better because of it.

sparc872

Makes me sick.

It almost makes me want to petition against the cruel God who created him.

:)

What about my belief? I believe that suffering in this world is just that, suffering (not because of the fall of man, but out of sheer happenstance -either that or as a part of our own predetermined 'learning curves' towards Godhood.

I do believe that Jesus Christ will will return, and it is through his own sacrifice that we will be forgiven our sins.

At the same time, I find your tongue in cheek 'petition' inapplicable.

So, do you feel it is wrong to ask God to end the suffering? It is fair for you to accept that, it is your own personal belief. If God is real however, is he not the highest power we can go to to bring about our terrible suffering?