• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet peeves, annoyances

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Just some place for you and me to vent. I'll start.

People who live in the south, have lived here for some extended time complaining about the heat and humidity. No sheets Sherlock! It can get hot here. Move.

That's why I left the SW for the PNW. **** the heat. I'm not partial to humidity either, but it's bearable at cooler temps.

Edit: I take that back, I flipping love the heat. I just don't want 6 months of it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's why I left the SW for the PNW. **** the heat. I'm not partial to humidity either, but it's bearable at cooler temps.

Edit: I take that back, I flipping love the heat. I just don't want 6 months of it.
That's not why I left California, I came up to Washington to go to grad school in 1988, but now I could never go back to the heat and sun of California. I love the cooler weather and the rain and I am in 7th heaven now that it is raining once again! :)
I would not mind summer here if everything would just stop growing, it's really frightening because I have nobody to maintain the property. :( And yes, I know it is growing because of the rain.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
People who live in the south ( US ), have lived here for some extended time complaining about the heat and humidity. No sheets Sherlock! It can get hot here. Move.
I feel their pain because I was raised in Indiana, but we moved when I was 12 and I have been moving around ever since, until I finally landed in Washington State in 88. Now, I would never live anywhere else except maybe Oregon or Idaho.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That's not why I left California, I came up to Washington to go to grad school in 1988, but now I could never go back to the heat and sun of California. I love the cooler weather and the rain and I am in 7th heaven now that it is raining once again! :)
I would not mind summer here if everything would just stop growing, it's really frightening because I have nobody to maintain the property. :( And yes, I know it is growing because of the rain.

It's not a really why I left Vegas either, but it's partly why I won't go back.

I love the growth here. I only do my lawn a few times during the season, because I like watching everything grow, bloom and die. Let's me know Nature is still doing her thing.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's not a really why I left Vegas either, but it's partly why I won't go back.

I love the growth here. I only do my lawn a few times during the season, because I like watching everything grow, bloom and die. Let's me know Nature is still doing her thing.
Come to my place and you will really see what nature is all about. :eek:
Why it frightens me is a psychological problem because I know the tree guys and landscapers and I have the money to hire them. I just cannot seem to decide to do anything about it and maybe that is because it is meant to be this way for now. Partly that is because there are other things that take precedence, but there always seem to be other things that take precedence. And I reason that what's the worst that can happen? I can always get it cut down if need be. It is not that I don't like the trees and other growth, it is that I feel I should be managing them, and that is my issue with guilt. I compare myself to other people who manage their properties and I always feel less than.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am in a good mood right now so maybe I can think of only one. The people who call my phone and they say "this will be the LAST ONE". It never is.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It's still a continent. But with patience and wishful thinking.... maybe one day.

So many ignore the diverse cultures, peoples, foods, and climates of the continent... They're missing so much.

I remember being at work having a coworker from Mali challenge us all to name at least 10 African countries. All the workers were either in college or had degrees except one(a high school drop out).

Only one met the challenge. The high school drop out.

(Me.)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So many ignore the diverse cultures, peoples, foods, and climates of the continent... They're missing so much.

I remember being at work having a coworker from Mali challenge us all to name at least 10 African countries. All the workers except one were either in college or had degrees except one(a high school drop out).

(Me.)
54 countries. Google is ruining the human brain. Right?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
54 countries. Google is ruining the human brain. Right?

I won't argue with the fact that google has taken its toll, but I don't really think much emphasis was ever place on Africa in school. Perhaps that would be one of the first things to amend.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Come to my place and you will really see what nature is all about. :eek:
Why it frightens me is a psychological problem because I know the tree guys and landscapers and I have the money to hire them. I just cannot seem to decide to do anything about it and maybe that is because it is meant to be this way for now. Partly that is because there are other things that take precedence, but there always seem to be other things that take precedence. And I reason that what's the worst that can happen? I can always get it cut down if need be. It is not that I don't like the trees and other growth, it is that I feel I should be managing them, and that is my issue with guilt. I compare myself to other people who manage their properties and I always feel less than.

I'd help if I could, but I have a hard time cutting my own meager property lol. Sorry to hear you're having issues with guilt. Don't beat yourself up to much, the world's got enough punches to deal out without you dealing them to yourself.

Viker

Häxan

I remember being at work having a coworker from Mali challenge us all to name at least 10 African countries. All the workers were either in college or had degrees except one(a high school drop out).

(Me.)
I think I would fail that without cheating. Congratulations!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I think I would fail that without cheating. Congratulations!

I've learned geography due to an obsession with what other people eat.

Its great because of the fact that I'll always need to eat, I'll always have opportunity to learn.

I've still got a long way to go. :)

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Unnecessary "-ness" words

Warmness instead of warmth.
Spontaniousness rather than spontaneity.
Sincereness in place of sincerity.

It happens when we go from noun to adjective (warm, spontaneous, sincere), then back to noun by adding a ness to the adjective rather than to where we began.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't get out much socially unless I complained why people driving downhill like to stop at the last minute thinking their car will obey them because the law says they have the right away. Gravity doesn't work that way-keep going. Don't worry, we know. You DO have the right away if you're going X miles an hour downhill while we are still on the sidewalk.

People bonking their horns at pedestrians as if we were cars. People in cars are pretty safe when someone honks their horn. Scares them maybe but they're still safe. Honk at a pedestrian, he may trip, stop, step to the wrong side, or look confused and about time he gets his wits together, the car already hit him.

No. I will not breathe on you while running so you don't have to put your mask on. Oh. Rats. Bout time I finished thinking that, I'm already down the road. Hm. Interesting.

Timing the cars at a four way intersection. Stupid warning signals work in some intersections and not others. Heaven forbid if the "light" doesn't see you. It'll stop short and people KNOW you're still in the street but they still put on the gas anyway. As if you're superman and can just fly across or play chicken.

No. I'm not going to touch your baby. No need to rush up the hills while I run by. It would be sad if the carriage actually fell. I would want to help but knowing the mother is scared to death, the only thing I could really do is say a prayer. Shrugs.

On that note, you don't need to go out in the street to avoid me. I CAN stop running and move out the way, by the way. No big deal.

Lastly: When someone can judge your whole character, values, behavior, and motives just by one opinion.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
I've learned geography due to an obsession with what other people eat.

Its great because of the fact that I'll always need to eat, I'll always have opportunity to learn.

I've still got a long way to go. :)
I grew up in a time when African nations came and gone. I wish and pray for stability, peace, sanity, etc.