• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personality Test!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
A problem with many personality tests is that many of them don't account for... how to put it... dishonest responses? That's not a good way to put it. It's a known issue that humans in general tend to agree with flattering descriptions of themselves and disagree with unflattering ones. As such, self-reporting on these tests sometimes is not accurate. In any case, most human behavior is dictated by environment or external factors, not personality or internal factors (which is more of a mediator). But folks - especially in my country - do not like to talk about how much environment strongly determines one's lot in life for one reason or another. Probably because when we actually give underprivileged groups access to elite resources stuff like this happens and certain folks don't like these outcomes: A College Program for Disadvantaged Teens Could Shake Up Elite Admissions

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
The problem with all these personality self-assessments is that they require a degree of insight and self-awareness that frankly, some people lack. Without that, the results are going to be predictably inaccurate. Thats why formal personality assessment is usually done by a trained psychologist who can independently observe and assess a person's behaviors and responses.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
The problem with all these personality self-assessments is that they require a degree of insight and self-awareness that frankly, some people lack. Without that, the results are going to be predictably inaccurate. Thats why formal personality assessment is usually done by a trained psychologist who can independently observe and assess a person's behaviors and responses.

Pfft... You know, I'm forced to be around that Sigurd guy all day long, and frankly, I'm getting sick of em. I have enough "insight" on him to fill several novels that no one would ever read, thank you very much!

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
am I the only one thats emotionally unstable? I scored a 3.
It means that you have a wider range of emotions with all sorts of dials and gauges to measure them.
Those on the other extreme end may be unaware and/or unafraid of legitimate dangers around them due to their only having a dashboard warning light (perhaps with the bulb burned out) instead of multiple gauges for measuring emotions. ;)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a train wreck. :D

intp-logician-s3-v1-male.svg

Logician
INTP-T
Analyst
Constant Improvement
33%

67%
EXTRAVERTED
INTROVERTED
55%

45%
INTUITIVE
OBSERVANT
58%

42%
THINKING
FEELING
25%

75%
JUDGING
PROSPECTING
22%

78%
ASSERTIVE
TURBULENT

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
An article I found:
Why the Myers-Briggs test is totally meaningless
That being said I'll take it now and see what I get

A problem with many personality tests is that many of them don't account for... how to put it... dishonest responses? That's not a good way to put it. It's a known issue that humans in general tend to agree with flattering descriptions of themselves and disagree with unflattering ones. As such, self-reporting on these tests sometimes is not accurate. In any case, most human behavior is dictated by environment or external factors, not personality or internal factors (which is more of a mediator). But folks - especially in my country - do not like to talk about how much environment strongly determines one's lot in life for one reason or another. Probably because when we actually give underprivileged groups access to elite resources stuff like this happens and certain folks don't like these outcomes: A College Program for Disadvantaged Teens Could Shake Up Elite Admissions

I agree with all of the above, but this thread is mainly for the sake of curiosity and simple fun. It's not like I intended it to be some authoritative guide to each member's personality. :p

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree with all of the above, but this thread is mainly for the sake of curiosity and simple fun. It's not like I intended it to be some authoritative guide to each member's personality. :p

Of course, of course! Some folks swear by these things, though.

I'll swear by my very consistent and vicious introversion myself. The word "party" makes me recoil in horror. Sometimes quite literally. Unless the word "tea" is put in front of it. Then my eyes will light up and I will ask about what kinds.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There are lots of articles I've seen about how INTJs and ENFPs have a weird opposites-attraction sort of thing with each other. So maybe that's why. :shrug:They also just tend to be loved by everyone, they're the life of the party.
My husband tested as an ENFP a long time ago but he might not test that way now, as he has become increasing asocial in his older age. He was never really that social since we got married over 35 years ago, but it has become ridiculous. I mean he never sees anyone at all but me and it is not only because of Covid-19. The Baha'is have more social gatherings on Zoom than anyone could ever even imagine, and all he would have to do is walk over to his laptop I gave him and the Baha'is even invite us to join the meeting on the phone so he would not even have to turn on the computer and see or be seen by the people in the Zoom meeting. :rolleyes:

We live like roommates with separate lives, except for the cats. He has his life with the TV, I have my life with the computer, rental houses, and my job. I often wonder why we are still married, except that I would never be willing to divide our numerous assets and i don't really want to get married again because there is nothing I actually need a man for except home repairs and yard work, but I have ample money to pay someone to do those. But if he passed away I would probably look for another husband on a dating site. My brother whose wife died of cancer found another wife on eharmony and she was even a Baha'i. What were the chances?

My husband knows all of what I just told you so it is no secret as we have had this conversation many times before. :(

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

NOW you tell me!!

*tears up notes and throws them in the trash*

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Have taken the Meyers-Briggs 5 separate times -- and been INTP every single time.

"INTPs are philosophical innovators, fascinated by logical analysis, systems, and design. They are preoccupied with theory, and search for the universal law behind everything they see. They want to understand the unifying themes of life, in all their complexity.

INTPs are detached, analytical observers who can seem oblivious to the world around them because they are so deeply absorbed in thought. They spend much of their time in their own heads: exploring concepts, making connections, and seeking understanding of how things work. To the Architect, life is an ongoing inquiry into the mysteries of the universe."

Describes me well enough, really

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Have taken the Meyers-Briggs 5 separate times -- and been INTP every single time.

"INTPs are philosophical innovators, fascinated by logical analysis, systems, and design. They are preoccupied with theory, and search for the universal law behind everything they see. They want to understand the unifying themes of life, in all their complexity.

INTPs are detached, analytical observers who can seem oblivious to the world around them because they are so deeply absorbed in thought. They spend much of their time in their own heads: exploring concepts, making connections, and seeking understanding of how things work. To the Architect, life is an ongoing inquiry into the mysteries of the universe."

Describes me well enough, really
You poor *******.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Screenshot_20210225-180206.png

Have a feeling they gave me The Adventurer because they don't have a category called The Sociopath. :D