• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personality Test!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I have always been an Advocate, which explains why I never get anything for myself :( but I cannot be what I am not. I have to be true to myself.
Since we are only 1% of the population it is kind of amazing that there are three INFJs on this thread so far.

Yah that is interesting... Maybe there's something about religion or the interest thereof that draws INFJ types? For me, there is a philosophical interest, but also an anthropological element as well.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
That article says:
"Several analyses have shown the test is totally ineffective at predicting people's success in various jobs, and that about half of the people who take it twice get different results each time."

But that does not mean it is not accurate in describing people's personalities. There are other factors to consider other than personality type as to whether one would be successful in a certain job. If someone consistently takes the test and gets the same result that means that they are that personality type, and since people know their own personality if type say they fit the description this is further verification.
It also says:
"
All four of the categories in the Myers-Briggs suffer from these kinds of problems, and psychologists say they aren't an effective way of distinguishing between different personality types. "Contemporary social scientists are rarely studying things like whether you make decisions based on feelings or rational calculus — because all of us use both of these," Grant says. "These categories all create dichotomies, but the characteristics on either end are either independent from each other, or sometimes even go hand in hand." Even data from the Myers-Briggs test itself shows that most people are somewhere in the middle for any one category, and just end up being pigeonholed into one or the other."

But I guess if you score something consisently then you might actually be that type... It's just if psychologists don't use it then I don't think its accurate for most people.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I've been consistently INTJ for as long I've taken this test, but now it has me at INFJ-A Advocate.

Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
8% Extraverted
92% Introverted
Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
95% Intuitive
5% Observant
Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
46% Thinking
54% Feeling
Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
58% Judging
42% Prospecting
Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
63% Assertive
37% Turbulent

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yah that is interesting... Maybe there's something about religion or the interest thereof that draws INFJ types? For me, there is a philosophical interest, but also an anthropological element as well.
Yup. It is also philosophical with me and I used to be an anthropology major.
I am really not much for organized religion as far as the rituals, prayers, and social activities are concerned; I just believe what I believe, but I am a loner. But that's okay because Baha'u'llah wrote:
“Be not grieved if thou performest it thyself alone. Let God be all-sufficient for thee. Commune intimately with His Spirit, and be thou of the thankful.” Gleanings, p. 280

Psalm23

I got ENFP-T. Sometimes I have taken personally tests and got a different result like ISFP. I tend to see myself more as an introvert though I can be talkative too at times.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been consistently INTJ for as long I've taken this test, but now it has me at INFJ-A Advocate.

Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
8% Extraverted
92% Introverted
Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
95% Intuitive
5% Observant
Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
46% Thinking
54% Feeling
Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
58% Judging
42% Prospecting
Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
63% Assertive
37% Turbulent

You and I are pretty much evenly split on feeling/thinking, having scored the same score in that category. I think at times I can be an INTJ and others I can be an INFJ.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Screenshot_20210225-110154_Samsung Internet.jpg
Im an INTJ-T, "The Architect." Every time.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
in the past Ive gotten infp,isfp,enfp,enfj,entp,infj and intp...this was in the course of 6 months...I had heard that there is a 50% chance your type will be different if you take it within a few weeks of each other so I tested it to see if that was the case for me by taking it once a week for a few months. Just outta curiosity. Answered truthful each time

I'm curious, did you take the same version of the test each time? From the 16 Personalities website, or others?

The official test is something you have to pay for and is longer, all these free ones online are shorthand versions.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
You can have my husband then. He is anything but fun so I am selling him for a bargain price. ;):D

There are lots of articles I've seen about how INTJs and ENFPs have a weird opposites-attraction sort of thing with each other. So maybe that's why. :shrug:They also just tend to be loved by everyone, they're the life of the party.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I'm curious, did you take the same version of the test each time? From the 16 Personalities website, or others?

The official test is something you have to pay for and is longer, all these free ones online are shorthand versions.
Same test each time from 16 personalites website didn't want to screw with the results by adding that variable