1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal religion

Discussion in 'Theological Concepts' started by torgor67, Apr 19, 2019.

1. torgor67

torgor67 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Religion:
    Christian
    You know despite me being a Christian and having the idea of one god it got me thinking if there were any other worlds out there with different gods as while I believe the Christian God controls our world it fascinates me that there might be other worlds out there with different gods. It just got me curious if there was other gods out there not of this world but of other worlds if there are any other worlds to begin with that is but that's a whole other topic. Feel free to leave your responses down below about this question of there being other gods in other worlds separate to our own.

#1 torgor67, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. PureX

PureX Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +4,319
    Religion:
    Philosophical Taoist/Christian
    "God" is a conceptual manifestation. It is a way of perceiving and understanding a conscious existence. This being the case, each consciousness manifests it's own unique god-concept. So, ... the broader the subject base, the more variation there will be.

3. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,409
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    If there were other worlds out there why do you think they would have other gods? Surely as the Creator of the Universe, he is powerful enough to be the God of all living beings. What makes you want to limit him to just one planet?

4. ManSinha

ManSinha Active Member

Ratings:
    +501
    Religion:
    Sikh

I shall take a crack at it -

First of all - your opening statement "The christian god controls our world" is a complete assertion on its own merits. It is a belief nothing more - perhaps shared by many - but certainly not universal.

There is no history even in the fantastical tales of the bible or other holy books and writings about anyone flatly stating that s/he they embodied the entire universe in themselves - that is a privilege accorded only to Krishna in the mythological tales and writings

upload_2019-4-19_19-32-34.png

There are flat out statements in some of the dharmic texts about there being countless other worlds out there - all in harmony with the one Universal Truth / Light - whatever you want to call it - here is one from my scripture that speaks of the ephemeral nature of human existence

Attached Files:

#4 ManSinha, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Milton Platt

Milton Platt Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,513
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Because we have other gods on this planet as well?

6. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,409
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    How many of them are real? How many are figments of human imagination?

Unless you can prove that there is no Universal Creator, he will feature in the hearts and minds of men until he brings the inhabitants of this planet to an accounting.....at present he is giving us 'enough rope'....:D How long is a piece of rope....? :shrug:

7. Milton Platt

Milton Platt Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,513
    Religion:
    Atheist
    All of them appear to be figments of human imagination. If not, there would be no need for apologists.

I can't prove there are no Leprechauns, but I don't therefore decide to believe they exist.

• Like Like x 1
  8. syo

syo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +721
    Religion:
    pagan
    Yup, there are.

9. RabbiO

RabbiO הרב יונה בן זכריה

Ratings:
    +1,970
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Then who is it I see in those commercials singing "Catch some Lucky Charms they're magically delicious." Next thing I know you'll be trying to convince us that there are no elves living in a hollow tree making Keebler cookies!

Hey, I've been to the supermarket. I've seen the cereal boxes and I've seen the cookie packages.

(I would say more but I've got to get my tongue out of my cheek.)

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Bompu Zen Man with a little bit of Bushido.

Ratings:
    +8,981
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    It's great for the imagination but there's no way of knowing.

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +770
    Religion:
    Asatru - Seiðmaðr
    Considering, afaik, know one has ever actually seen a god in this world only felt their presence, so wouldn't it be safe to assume they exist outside of our percieved reality anyways, only able to interact with it in an abstract/limited way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1