• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal religion

torgor67

You know despite me being a Christian and having the idea of one god it got me thinking if there were any other worlds out there with different gods as while I believe the Christian God controls our world it fascinates me that there might be other worlds out there with different gods. It just got me curious if there was other gods out there not of this world but of other worlds if there are any other worlds to begin with that is but that's a whole other topic. Feel free to leave your responses down below about this question of there being other gods in other worlds separate to our own.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
"God" is a conceptual manifestation. It is a way of perceiving and understanding a conscious existence. This being the case, each consciousness manifests it's own unique god-concept. So, ... the broader the subject base, the more variation there will be.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You know despite me being a Christian and having the idea of one god it got me thinking if there were any other worlds out there with different gods as while I believe the Christian God controls our world it fascinates me that there might be other worlds out there with different gods. It just got me curious if there was other gods out there not of this world but of other worlds if there are any other worlds to begin with that is but that's a whole other topic. Feel free to leave your responses down below about this question of there being other gods in other worlds separate to our own.

If there were other worlds out there why do you think they would have other gods? Surely as the Creator of the Universe, he is powerful enough to be the God of all living beings. What makes you want to limit him to just one planet?

ManSinha

I shall take a crack at it -

First of all - your opening statement "The christian god controls our world" is a complete assertion on its own merits. It is a belief nothing more - perhaps shared by many - but certainly not universal.

There is no history even in the fantastical tales of the bible or other holy books and writings about anyone flatly stating that s/he they embodied the entire universe in themselves - that is a privilege accorded only to Krishna in the mythological tales and writings

upload_2019-4-19_19-32-34.png

There are flat out statements in some of the dharmic texts about there being countless other worlds out there - all in harmony with the one Universal Truth / Light - whatever you want to call it - here is one from my scripture that speaks of the ephemeral nature of human existence

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-19_19-37-6.png
    upload_2019-4-19_19-37-6.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Milton Platt

If there were other worlds out there why do you think they would have other gods? Surely as the Creator of the Universe, he is powerful enough to be the God of all living beings. What makes you want to limit him to just one planet?

Because we have other gods on this planet as well?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Because we have other gods on this planet as well?

How many of them are real? How many are figments of human imagination?

Unless you can prove that there is no Universal Creator, he will feature in the hearts and minds of men until he brings the inhabitants of this planet to an accounting.....at present he is giving us 'enough rope'....:D How long is a piece of rope....? :shrug:

Milton Platt

How many of them are real? How many are figments of human imagination?

Unless you can prove that there is no Universal Creator, he will feature in the hearts and minds of men until he brings the inhabitants of this planet to an accounting.....at present he is giving us 'enough rope'....:D How long is a piece of rope....? :shrug:

All of them appear to be figments of human imagination. If not, there would be no need for apologists.

I can't prove there are no Leprechauns, but I don't therefore decide to believe they exist.

syo

Yup, there are.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I can't prove there are no Leprechauns, but I don't therefore decide to believe they exist.

Then who is it I see in those commercials singing "Catch some Lucky Charms they're magically delicious." Next thing I know you'll be trying to convince us that there are no elves living in a hollow tree making Keebler cookies!

Hey, I've been to the supermarket. I've seen the cereal boxes and I've seen the cookie packages.

(I would say more but I've got to get my tongue out of my cheek.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's great for the imagination but there's no way of knowing.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Considering, afaik, know one has ever actually seen a god in this world only felt their presence, so wouldn't it be safe to assume they exist outside of our percieved reality anyways, only able to interact with it in an abstract/limited way.