• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal moral codes

EverChanging

I read that some Luciferians do not believe in universal or objective moral codes, although some may still adopt a personal moral code as a set of personal preferences.

I for example am tending toward moral nihilism, but I have preferences, personal "should's" and "should not's." I desire health, so I should not smoke. I want to live in a world where my liberties are secured, so as a gay man I support gay rights.

I have a moral code, but I tend to believe it is merely a subjective value system representative of my preferences.

Do you have a personal moral code? Do you believe it is subjective?

Electra

I personally believe it comes down to the emotion behind the act rather than the act itself.

Example. Going to church to feel 'better' about your morality / Going to church to share love for the creator
Having sex with someone half your age to feel 'younger', feel 'better' about yourself/ Having sex with someone half your age because you feel draw to be there cover/ have a heart connection
Murdering somone out of anger / Murdering someone with no emotion behind it but it is what you felt needed to be done (higher source intentions)

- It is objective if you are judging others - which is not the aim. Shining the light on WHY we are doing things, our true motivation behind it is. Aiming to align with Truth.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
There is enough chaos is the objective universe to make hard and fast moral absolutes ill-fitting at times. Your mileage may vary.

agorman

Premium Member
My preference is to be loved by people. So obviously if you're someone who hurts innocent people you'll be hated. When you live in a Society I think it's more convenient if people help each other and have affection for each other. Or at least avoid to bother your neighbor. But not as an imposed thing.

Some don't care about being hated, but sometimes there are consequences... e.g. here in Argentina we have politicians and ex-politicians who have stolen millions of USD and can't get out to the streets without being recognized, cried at and criticized by someone.

On the other hand if innocent people end up being a victim of one of those guys it's because they never cared of protecting themselves somehow; spiritually or materially. Because nobody can do any harm to you if you don't allow it. Self-worth is a key. Most people don't have this knowledge though.

BTW, I think there are two kinds of selfish people. The foolish selfish and the smart selfish. The foolish one refuses to share his sugar with his neighbor. The smart one gives some sugar and thus looses a little on one hand; but gains a new friend and ends up getting more benefits in the long run.

EverChanging

BTW, I think there are two kinds of selfish people. The foolish selfish and the smart selfish. The foolish one refuses to share his sugar with his neighbor. The smart one gives some sugar and thus looses a little on one hand; but gains a new friend and ends up getting more benefits in the long run.

Personally, I think that's how morality works: it is a selfish altruism. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Even if one dies for an ideal it may be for a cause that ensures the wellbeing of her beloved grandchildren, etc.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I read that some Luciferians do not believe in universal or objective moral codes, although some may still adopt a personal moral code as a set of personal preferences.

I for example am tending toward moral nihilism, but I have preferences, personal "should's" and "should not's." I desire health, so I should not smoke. I want to live in a world where my liberties are secured, so as a gay man I support gay rights.

I have a moral code, but I tend to believe it is merely a subjective value system representative of my preferences.

Do you have a personal moral code? Do you believe it is subjective?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Luciferians and for the most part adherents of the Western LHP trust Plato's idealism in that we all (those in their right of mind) are inherently born with a conscience knowing right from wrong.

Liu

Luciferians and for the most part adherents of the Western LHP trust Plato's idealism in that we all (those in their right of mind) are inherently born with a conscience knowing right from wrong.

More common (among LHPers other than Luciferians at least) seems to me the notion that what people feel to be right or wrong differs so much between cultures that it can't be used to derive a set of universal morals from it, that it's therefore based on external influences and that one should question and modify it in a way that is more useful to oneself and more aligned with one's actual inner nature.

However, that inner nature then could be that conscience you were talking about.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
More common (among LHPers other than Luciferians at least) seems to me the notion that what people feel to be right or wrong differs so much between cultures that it can't be used to derive a set of universal morals from it, that it's therefore based on external influences and that one should question and modify it in a way that is more useful to oneself and more aligned with one's actual inner nature.

However, that inner nature then could be that conscience you were talking about.
Delusional cultures are far removed from being in touch with their conscience

crossfire

Premium Member
Delusional cultures are far removed from being in touch with their conscience

Sorry for the Buddhist reference. Truth is truth. I don't know of an analogous western quote, otherwise I would reference it. (Do tell if you know of one.)
"When a person's mind is overcome by the poisons of greed, hatred, or delusion, they will kill living beings, take what is not given, go after another person's wife, tell lies, and induce others to do likewise, all of which is for long-term harm & suffering."
~paraphrased from the Kalama Sutta​
The "induce others to do likewise" part is how delusional cultures are built, imo.

crossfire

Premium Member
Sorry for the Buddhist reference. Truth is truth. I don't know of an analogous western quote, otherwise I would reference it. (Do tell if you know of one.)
"When a person's mind is overcome by the poisons of greed, hatred, or delusion, they will kill living beings, take what is not given, go after another person's wife, tell lies, and induce others to do likewise, all of which is for long-term harm & suffering."
~paraphrased from the Kalama Sutta​
The "induce others to do likewise" part is how delusional cultures are built, imo.
This is the very reason why one should have a conscious moral code--when collective delusion becomes delusive cultural nomos (known as Maara in Buddhism,) one needs to bring these things into consciousness in order to protect oneself from becoming delusional like the rest of the mob, and highlights the importance of antinomianism (bringing these nomos into consciousness for critique.)

I’ve seen so many disagreements between people and cultures on morality that it’s unavoidable that it’s subjective. Different places have different properties, so one must craft a morality that works for the environment one is in.

In my personal experience, I’ve looked towards Liber OZ as the basis for my moral system, and it’s been useful for me many a time.