• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal life expectancy discussion

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I like the tradition of turning a cup and a bowl upside down each time you walk out the door for the day as a reminder you might not return home.
By this tradition, each time I do dishes, I may not return home...

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
What do you think your personal life expectancy will be?
Dead by 50 I presume. I'd live longer than my mother did if I make it that far, so can't complain with that.

Schizophrenics have a shorter life expectancy by a decade to three decades. Lack of self care leads to many problems. Also, suicide is very prevalent.

Wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being my fate, one of the two. Early death by poor health or self remove. I smoke so much tobacco and starve myself and don't drink water for like a year straight. And once my family has passed on I do think I'd be in danger of killing myself. Once my grandma, pops, and of my boyfriend does young, I wouldn't be surprised if I died by suicide. I'm not in risk now, but cuz i care for those listed well enough to suffer through my complications. Around 5-10% of schizophrenics die from suicide, as opposed to less than 1% of the general population.

Should be in a group home soon to rectify some of my issues tho. I'm hopeful.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't have a specific life expectancy for myself; I don't see any reason to assume it would be very different from the human average, which is 70-80 years. Besides, in my opinion, thinking much about my life expectancy wouldn't be in line with living in the present moment, which is a principle I strive to uphold. I don't know whether I'll live to be 100 years old or die of unknown causes before I'm even 50, but what I do know is that I'm alive now and can focus on that and on maintaining my health.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
How about you?
It depends upon future medical discoveries. It will be nice if someone learns how to resolve certain kinds of arthritis, how to prevent pneumonia, how to stop mental age related illnesses and how to renew old skin. Currently the best we can do is treat arthritis symptoms, replace joints, etc. There isn't a lot we can do; however if the above are addressed I expect to live comfortably to 150 or possibly to 300.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

For myself I do think I will live to be over one hundred. Indeed I am planning accordingly. I am in excellent physical shape. I run regularly. I ran three miles this morning in twenty six minutes. I don't smoke and eat well. My ancestors generally lived quite long lives. I just turned 66. So far so good. ;)

How about you?
Unless accidently somewhere between 75 and 85.

We Never Know

No Slack

For myself I do think I will live to be over one hundred. Indeed I am planning accordingly. I am in excellent physical shape. I run regularly. I ran three miles this morning in twenty six minutes. I don't smoke and eat well. My ancestors generally lived quite long lives. I just turned 66. So far so good. ;)

How about you?
I will go as long as I can.