• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal Hells

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

It doesn't stop me eating dark chocolate, but i must limit myself to half a bar,. I know, i know, such amazing self control but it really must be done. And it has the advantage of having a spare half bar for another time.

The big problem is living in france with the most wonderful chocolatiers, for them i can loose control

images (9).jpeg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My personal self control challenge is with rose and lemon Turkish delight. {drools}

Often a birthday treat presented to me by my kids

Real Turkish delight is delightful, but in the UK at least there are mass market chocolate (and i use the word in its widest possible sense) bar manufacturers that create a block of something the consistency of red jelly coated in chocolate substitute and market it as Turkish delight.

img_2546.jpg

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Often a birthday treat presented to me by my kids

Real Turkish delight is delightful, but in the UK at least there are mass market chocolate (and i use the word in its widest possible sense) bar manufacturers that create a block of something the consistency of red jelly coated in chocolate substitute and market it as Turkish delight.

View attachment 41743
Yes, that's made by Fry's.