• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal deity and suffering/evil

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Oh! There is another (world)? Where? Milky Way or Andromeda or somewhere else?
Not anywhere that you can see right now. :D

But I believe there are many worlds of God because Baha'u'llah said so.
He also said that the worlds of God are countless in their number, and infinite in their range and nobody but God can comprehend them, sorry. :(

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. because Baha'u'llah said so.
And who was that bloke? What did he know about science? A 1850 guy preaching to illiterate and superstitious Iranians, telling them that he is the sender of messengers, a mirror image, a carbon copy replica of Allah, etc.

Last edited:

syo

I am trying to cement my view of god and can't get my head around a personal and loving god that allows evil. If a god answers prayer, why is there such suffering of the innocent? If a god can answer prayer, why does it just not let the evil happen to begin with? Help!
What is evil? Evil is evil actions. Who does these evil actions? Humans! Why do humans do evil actions? Humans must change and do only good. God can do nothing about evil. Humans must not do evil actions. In my opinion. Evil? Blame humans.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If a god answers prayer, why is there such suffering of the innocent?
Every answer is some version of two possibilities:

- the god doesn't care to prevent the suffering.
- the god is incapable of preventing the suffering.

If a god can answer prayer, why does it just not let the evil happen to begin with?
Either:

- he couldn't foresee the suffering,
- he could foresee it but chose not to prevent it, or
- he could foresee it and was incapable of preventing it.

Segev Moran

I am trying to cement my view of god and can't get my head around a personal and loving god that allows evil. If a god answers prayer, why is there such suffering of the innocent? If a god can answer prayer, why does it just not let the evil happen to begin with? Help!
Based on the Jewish teachings....
God doesn't really answer prayers "personally".
You can imagine that as a mechanism or a tool God provided humans.
You can choose to prayer or not.
It is interesting though, that it is today known that mantras actually work. you can "convince" your brain to be better at something simply by making it believe it is true.
The concept of prayer is no different.
It is also not a "Pray and wait" idea. The prayer is only a small part.
You need to do your best to fulfill the prayer.

Evil must exist. no matter if you look at it in a scientific POV or "spiritual".
Imagine a world where everything is amazing, everyone is happy... This cannot happen (at least not in our physical state).
As no one is really the same as the other, some will always interpret something as evil.
If no one was violent for example, the person who will shout once, will be considered evil :)

Putting that aside, God created "Evil" as it was asked by "Adam and Eve".
The only way to understand Good is through Bad.
You know the cliche...You probably heard million times.

Yin and Yang,
Good and Bad,
Black and White.

The mercy and the bravery...
We live in a relational universe, and something will always be "better" than something and "worse" than something in the same time :)

This is an age old question. A question answered 1000s of times in different ways. It depends who you speak to. My relative truth is that suffering promotes spiritual maturity. It prepares one for greater reward and better devotion in heaven. That is spiritually but naturally it is being attacked by evil and not fighting back using the spiritual tools.