• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

personal announcement...

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Hey guys, I just went to the doctor today, and he tells me he doesn't think I'm ovulating - which means, all this time trying to get pregnant was a complete waste of time. Okay, not completely.;)

Unsure if there are things that can be done about this or not..probably there are, though if so my guess is pretty expensive. I'm on hormones starting today, and should be getting more test results back tommarow.

But what this may mean is, that Grace will be my only biological child. Isn't it funny that the person who doesn't believe in birth control ends up infertile anyway.:(

Mike182

Flaming Queer
johnnys4life said:
Hey guys, I just went to the doctor today, and he tells me he doesn't think I'm ovulating - which means, all this time trying to get pregnant was a complete waste of time. Okay, not completely.;)

Unsure if there are things that can be done about this or not..probably there are, though if so my guess is pretty expensive. I'm on hormones starting today, and should be getting more test results back tommarow.

But what this may mean is, that Grace will be my only biological child. Isn't it funny that the person who doesn't believe in birth control ends up infertile anyway.:(
oh hunny im soo sorry to hear that

im sure there will something they can do, but it depends if you believe in test tubes and needles. my prayers go out to you, you are obviously a person who cherrishes the ability to give birth to new life, please dont ever think that it is God punishing you, trust him, he has it all planned out for you

hope it turns out ok in the end

god bless
xXx
C_P

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Thanks, and I think well we have always wanted to adopt anyway. And who know, the doctor may be wrong, I may still have a baby again someday...maybe it's just harder but not impossible.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If that turns out to be the case and you can' have more children, God will have other plans for you.
Just lookforward to finding out what they are.
God may even give you a clue as you pray.
May he Bless you all your life.

Terry

Mike182

Flaming Queer
johnnys4life said:
Thanks, and I think well we have always wanted to adopt anyway. And who know, the doctor may be wrong, I may still have a baby again someday...maybe it's just harder but not impossible.
adoption can be incredibly good, there are a lot of young people out there wanting to be adopted

i guess the choice you would have there then is, would you adopt a very young child, or a child who is a couple of years, or a child who is over the age of 6, or a young teenager?

when im settled later in life i will probably want to adopt, i think i would adopt a young child and raise it as my own with my partner. it will always know its adopted, but it will always know i love it and cherrish it as if it were my own flesh and blood :jiggy:

C_P

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I personally would like to adopt an older child. But in marriage both people have to agree, and my husband says he would not want to adopt a child older than Grace.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Well, the results from the tests are still not in yet, so I hope I will find out tommarow. Till then, I'm on pins and needles wondering!

I am hoping the hormones I'm starting tonight will do SOMETHING for my wild mood swings...but I don't know! I pray so...if it is a hormone deficiency, that would make some sense.

Because I think part of why I wanted to get pregnant so bad is I was always NICE when I was pregnant. I was happy, calm, rational, and easy to get along with. Totally the opposite from my current dominant personality. ;)

And because of that, my husband always jokes how he can't wait to get me knocked up again. I think it probably saved our marriage the first time!:)

P.S. My daughter poked me in my good eye today, so I'm having trouble reading your guys' posts!

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Started HRT last night. I felt like I was drunk! It made me so dizzy....but less grumpy.:p All in all not a bad trade off.

I SHOULD have gotten the full lab report, but we went out today and Johnny had unplugged the answering machine. Grrr...

I think I said I was on prolactin, well, I got that mixed up. I had a test for prolactin, but I'm actually on Prometrium (a progestin).

This is what I could find out about it, in case anyone's curious
(Like I'm sure you all are:rolleyes: ):

Prometrium Capsules is a progesterone made from yams that is structurally identical to natural
occurring progesterone found in a woman's body. Micronized means the progesterone is "chopped
up" which makes it easier for the body to absorb. The suggested dose for Prometrium Capsules for
use in HRT (hormone replacement therapy) is 200 milligrams taken orally once a day, in the
evening, for 12 in a row days, every menstrual cycle.
Benefits of progesterones like
Prometrium are:
Relieves PMS symptoms
Relieves painful periods
Controls abnormal bleeding
Relieves insomnia
Relieves depression
Relieves anxiety
Builds bone
Does not negate the positive cardiovascular effects of estrogen
Controls endometriosis
Progesterone is a female hormone important for the regulation of ovulation and menstruation.
• Progesterone is also used to treat the absence of menstruation due to progesterone
deficiency.

• Has been associated with increased blood clotting. Increased blood clotting can cause
stroke, heart attack, blood clots in the lungs, vision loss or blindness and many other
problems. Any of these conditions may cause death or serious long-term disability.

• Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities.
Progesterone may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid
these activities.
• Progesterone is in the FDA pregnancy category B. This means that it is not expected to be
harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take progesterone without first talking to your doctor if you
are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
• Your doctor may want you to have blood tests or other medical evaluations during treatment
with progesterone to monitor progress and side effects.
• Progesterone has not been reported to interact significantly with any other medicines.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Sorry to hear about your non-ovulation, J4l :(

I;m sure you've heard many stories about babies that weren't supposed to be able to happen, but here's another one...

I know someone (wife of a coworker) who didn't bother with birth control even though neither she nor her hubby wanted another child (they had a little girl at the time). Why? Because she had been deemed completley infertile by the docs. She didn't ovulate and didn't menstruate. ever. She had to go the whole in vitro fertilization route with hormone treatments to get her ovaries to produce eggs, harvesting them and embryo implantation to have their daughter.

Well, apparently she ovulated once, 'cause she ended up preggers! Their little girl now has a baby brother.... Just goes to show you, if God wants it to happen, it will :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Remember, its all the head. If you want to get pregnant, and if you truly know you can, you will.
My friends feance has, lets see if I can remember what its called....damn I can't think of it. Basically, it ruins the ovaries, and makes pregnancy highly unlikly, and impossible after surgery. I remember she was in tears over hearing she will never bear children. About 8 months ago, she found out she is pregnant.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Thanks, well the other tests came back normal. Which means, unfortunately MORE TESTS!!

I have another appointment in a couple weeks.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
johnnys4life said:
Thanks, well the other tests came back normal. Which means, unfortunately MORE TESTS!!

I have another appointment in a couple weeks.
Ugh, waiting! I know that can sometimes be harder than having a definate answer (even one you don't like) and my best thoughts will be following you. *hugs*

Sabio

johnnys4life said:

Johnny4life,

Hey don't buy that lie of the devil, Jesus tooks stripes for your healing (Isaiah 53), stand your ground and hang on to Jesus while your going through this test.

James 1:2 count it all joy when you fall into various trials, know that the testing of your faith produces patience...

In Jesus name I pray that this spirit of infertility be rendered powerless over Johnny4life, and that her normal cycle be reestablished, and that she is blessed with another child in your time, according to Your will Father. Amen.

Blessings

Sabio

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My friends fiance was diagnosed with, i think it was, endometrosis. She was told she would never bear children, but her son is due next month.