• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Persecution still going on toward Falun Gong practitioners.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I would like to make this article know to people, not to benefit my self nor as a proselyting way to speak about Falun Gong, But to highlight the situation especially in China (but also other countries) About the persecution of us Falun Gong practitioners and in hope that as a collective fellowship of good people in RF that we could be a part of the movement to stop any form of persecution of humans around the world.

This is only a tiny bit of what happening, but still so important to know about and to spread the information of the ongoing persecution.

Feel free to read the following link.

Remember that Religious news is not a debate or discussion forum :)

Once Incarcerated for 11 Years, Jiangxi Man Again Arrested for His Faith | Falun Dafa - Minghui.org

Hellbound Serpiente

What is it with China and ****ing the world up? Seriously, they are also involved in unjust persecution of Muslims. Not only that, but animal cruelty and other vile are rampant in China. The world as a whole should take a strong stand against China and no longer tolerate their evil.

As for my Falun Gong brothers and sisters, I know what you are going through. Muslims have been facing persecution for a long time now, even Jewish brothers and sisters has gone through that along with our Christian brothers and sisters. Stay strong and stay patient, this too will pass away like previous trials and terrors we have faced.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What is it with China and ****ing the world up? Seriously, they are also involved in unjust persecution of Muslims. Not only that, but animal cruelty and other vile are rampant in China. The world as a whole should take a strong stand against China and no longer tolerate their evil.

As for my Falun Gong brothers and sisters, I know what you are going through. Muslims have been facing persecution for a long time now, even Jewish brothers and sisters has gone through that along with our Christian brothers and sisters. Stay strong and stay patient, this too will pass away like previous trials and terrors we have faced.
Thank you for your words @Hellbound Serpient. In my understanding of why people getting persecuted, especially within mainland China is that their leaders have become afraid of the spiritual movement that happens and that people fleeing the CCP and become either a Falun Gong practitioner or follow another spiritual teaching, and they resign from the CCP. So to counter this CCP has been persecuting and even killed people because of their faith.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I would like to make this article know to people, not to benefit my self nor as a proselyting way to speak about Falun Gong, But to highlight the situation especially in China (but also other countries) About the persecution of us Falun Gong practitioners and in hope that as a collective fellowship of good people in RF that we could be a part of the movement to stop any form of persecution of humans around the world.

This is only a tiny bit of what happening, but still so important to know about and to spread the information of the ongoing persecution.

Feel free to read the following link.

Remember that Religious news is not a debate or discussion forum :)

Once Incarcerated for 11 Years, Jiangxi Man Again Arrested for His Faith | Falun Dafa - Minghui.org

Religious persecution when the practicers are peace-loving and non-violent is a humanitarian issue. They obviously pose a threat to regimes which are dominated by atheistic dictators or very influential church leaders. Its about control.

For us a Jehovah's Witnesses, our persecution is also unwarranted as we are also peace-loving and non violent.We pose no threat to any government and our only "crime" is that we will not bear arms for our government, nor can we comply with restrictions that limit our commission from Jesus Christ to preach his peaceful message of hope for the future. We have persecution in quite a few countries where our brothers are mistreated at the behest of cruel authority figures or corrupt clergy. Many are in jails with terrible conditions and all we can do is pray for them to stay strong.

We are listed as "extremists" in Russia even though there is no evidence to suggest any kind of activity that can possibly be called 'extremist'.....we just disagree with the Russian Orthodox Church, and they are using the authorities to carry out their dirty work, much like the Jews used the Romans to have Jesus tortured and killed.
We have no right of assembly and all our Kingdom Halls have been shut down and our literature confiscated. It make our preaching work difficult, but not impossible. It is God's work after all.

We sympathize with all who are suffering unjustly for their faith. It takes courage to be different when one is punished for thinking differently to the masses.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Falun Gong members through their news group Epoch Times are persecuting rational Americans and bankrolling Trump's re-election campaign, so I would say they hardly deserve our support.
As i told you before Falun Gong practitioners do not hold any political views or favor any party. Personally i have never heard of Epock times, so i will do a search and see what it is about, but it sounds like a false setup to smear Falun Gong.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Religious persecution when the practicers are peace-loving and non-violent is a humanitarian issue. They obviously pose a threat to regimes which are dominated by atheistic dictators or very influential church leaders. Its about control.

For us a Jehovah's Witnesses, our persecution is also unwarranted as we are also peace-loving and non violent.We pose no threat to any government and our only "crime" is that we will not bear arms for our government, nor can we comply with restrictions that limit our commission from Jesus Christ to preach his peaceful message of hope for the future. We have persecution in quite a few countries where our brothers are mistreated at the behest of cruel authority figures or corrupt clergy. Many are in jails with terrible conditions and all we can do is pray for them to stay strong.

We are listed as "extremists" in Russia even though there is no evidence to suggest any kind of activity that can possibly be called 'extremist'.....we just disagree with the Russian Orthodox Church, and they are using the authorities to carry out their dirty work, much like the Jews used the Romans to have Jesus tortured and killed.
We have no right of assembly and all our Kingdom Halls have been shut down and our literature confiscated. It make our preaching work difficult, but not impossible. It is God's work after all.

We sympathize with all who are suffering unjustly for their faith. It takes courage to be different when one is punished for thinking differently to the masses.
Thank you@Deeje :) On this i am very much agree with you, it does take courage to stand up and face those who want to harm us.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Falun Gong members through their news group Epoch Times are persecuting rational Americans and bankrolling Trump's re-election campaign, so I would say they hardly deserve our support.

The ridiculous conspiracy theories about China manufacturing the Covid virus all started with Falun Gong, they even claim you can't get the virus unless you're a communist!!
The adding in your post here is 100% false claim that you should stop doing.
If you are a practitioner and only if you are a very skilled practitioner would it be possible to avoid getting this kind of virus But for non-practitioners or only beginners of Falun Gong practice it is still possible to die from the virus?

Epoch Times is a political based newspaper (i did research) and yes they do have an article about Falun Gong, and of the once I saw there were much correct written about our practice.

@Lyndon have you read any of the links I have provided in other thread I made about Falun Gong? Have you taken the time to read and research what we actually do as practitioners?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The adding in your post here is 100% false claim that you should stop doing.
If you are a practitioner and only if you are a very skilled practitioner would it be possible to avoid getting this kind of virus But for non-practitioners or only beginners of Falun Gong practice it is still possible to die from the virus?

Epoch Times is a political based newspaper (i did research) and yes they do have an article about Falun Gong, and of the once I saw there were much correct written about our practice.

@Lyndon have you read any of the links I have provided in other thread I made about Falun Gong? Have you taken the time to read and research what we actually do as practitioners?

Some background re : Epoch Times and related Facebook groups, FYI.

How a Pro-Trump Network Is Building a Fake Empire on Facebook and Getting Away with It

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Some background re : Epoch Times and related Facebook groups, FYI.

How a Pro-Trump Network Is Building a Fake Empire on Facebook and Getting Away with It
I have to be a bit careful in my wording here because this was news to me, It looks to me, that those people running this newspaper is not true practitioners if they support any political party in America or anywhere else.

We as Falun Gong practitioners should not take part in political issues or become politicians our self, If this guys truly do practice Falun Gong it would be wrong to be political.
But yes to write about the humanitarian situation for Falun Gong practitioners in China is a part of what we as Practitioners should do, just not in a political way.

I might know too little about this political issues that seem to be taking place since I myself try to distance from political discussions

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My reason to open this thread with a blessing from RF staff was to openly show how China is treating people very badly of those who are practitioners of a multitude of religions and cultivation paths within China, I did not want to have any political agenda with this.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
largely because my favourite uncle has become brainwashed by conspiracy theories in Epoch Times, they are a threat to humanity IMHO
What kind of conspiracy theories are you thinking of when it comes to this newspaper? I might be able to see if its any hold in it or maybe your uncle has misunderstood something?
By the way is he a practitioner of Falun Gong? or he just read the newspaper?

I still looking into the newspaper to see if I can find the answer if these guys are legit practitioners or scam. I can't answer on it yet.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What kind of conspiracy theories are you thinking of when it comes to this newspaper? I might be able to see if its any hold in it or maybe your uncle has misunderstood something?
By the way is he a practitioner of Falun Gong? or he just read the newspaper?

I still looking into the newspaper to see if I can find the answer if these guys are legit practitioners or scam. I can't answer on it yet.

I don't know. I find Snopes, the site lewisnotmiller linked, to often be accurate, but I could be wrong.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
they promote dangerous theories that the coronavirus was genetically engineered by the Chinese to spread around the world, which now Trump is promoting, China is just as much a victim of this virus as America, both made bad decisions about not reporting the virus and both countries have paid a huge price for that, claiming that China could have completely removed the virus so it didn't effect the world is just propaganda nonsense
I do agree that the Virus was started by someone within CCP and my understanding of it is that CCP wants full control over the world. and Falun Gong happens to be in their way so o speak, even we are peaceful practitioners who do not harm anyone.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
it was started by a bat, if the bat was a member of the CCP it would be news to me!!
The "official" version from CCP is that is was a bat yes. But the problem is that no other Doctors or science people have been allowed into China (as far as I know) to verify that it is correct.
As you may be aware, the misinformation within China is massive.

And it sounds a little strange to me that you base your view of Falun Gong on very little knowledge about what Falun Gong actually is.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
it is my impression that it is a right wing authoritarian cult, not the sort of thing I have any more interest of investigating
As I said, Falun Gong is not political at all. That the view that CCP is behind Covid-19 and that Trump actually says the same, is not an answer to that Falun Gong support Trump or any other political person or party.

Falun Gong is a spiritual cultivation path for cultivating mind and body. toward spiritual awakening.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I have to be a bit careful in my wording here because this was news to me, It looks to me, that those people running this newspaper is not true practitioners if they support any political party in America or anywhere else.

We as Falun Gong practitioners should not take part in political issues or become politicians our self, If this guys truly do practice Falun Gong it would be wrong to be political.
But yes to write about the humanitarian situation for Falun Gong practitioners in China is a part of what we as Practitioners should do, just not in a political way.

I might know too little about this political issues that seem to be taking place since I myself try to distance from political discussions

Yep, I've never seen you push political positions, etc.
Just posted the link to give you some more background on the issues mentioned.
Cheers