• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Period flicks you'd like to see

Ilisrum

Which historical period or event would you like to see made into a movie? For me, I'd love to see a film set in the time of King Hammurabi of Babylon. The Near East in the 18th century BCE is such a fascinating period that the mainstream virtually ignores. The period is documented well enough that the life and times of Hammurabi, Shamshi-Adad of Assur, Zimri-Lim of Mari, and Rim-Sin of Larsa can be imaginatively constructed. As far as I'm aware of, no film set in the mid-late Bronze Age has ever been made (Troy doesn't count).

Gloone

Which historical period or event would you like to see made into a movie? For me, I'd love to see a film set in the time of King Hammurabi of Babylon. The Near East in the 18th century BCE is such a fascinating period that the mainstream virtually ignores. The period is documented well enough that the life and times of Hammurabi, Shamshi-Adad of Assur, Zimri-Lim of Mari, and Rim-Sin of Larsa can be imaginatively constructed. As far as I'm aware of, no film set in the mid-late Bronze Age has ever been made (Troy doesn't count).
I would actually like to see some Babylonian movies made as well. Would you want these movies to based solely on their historical references or would you like for the mythological aspect to be tied into this as well?

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I'd rather not see any movies about periods. Come to think of it, I wish they'd stop playing so many commercials about them as well.

Ilisrum

I would actually like to see some Babylonian movies made as well. Would you want these movies to based solely on their historical references or would you like for the mythological aspect to be tied into this as well?

I'd like it to follow history as closely as possible with subtle allusion to various myths. Religion was extremely important to the ancient Mesopotamians and these myths central to their identity. With the right care, it could turn out well. Mesopotamian history need more media exposure.

I'd rather not see any movies about periods. Come to think of it, I wish they'd stop playing so many commercials about them as well.

Nah...