• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

perfect religions

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
all religions are perfect. there isn't a single religion that has faults, in my opinion. but still most people think that only their religion is true and that other people follow fake religions. and as a result we have religious wars and terrorism. why people fail to see that religions unite people?
I disagree. Religions that preach greed, hatred, or delusion as doctrine obviously lead to long term harm and are counter-productive towards individual mindfulness. Religions that teach/preach an absence of greed, hatred, and delusion obviously lead to long term benefit and are conducive to individual mindfulness, as these ones minds are not overcome by greed, hatred, or delusion as a spiritual practice.
See the Kalama Sutta for a more complete dissertation.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
all religions are perfect. there isn't a single religion that has faults, in my opinion. but still most people think that only their religion is true and that other people follow fake religions. and as a result we have religious wars and terrorism. why people fail to see that religions unite people?

Because the same force that unites us also separates us using labels. And past and current events have a way of being points for tensions. Also what is perfect for one person will be very, very faulty in another's eyes.

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
Well, I'm pretty sure that there can be only one Truth and it is absolute and nothing can stand against it. The fact is that people are flawed an so we have all these religions created by flawed humans and none of them is perfect. All of them a lies except for one. Islam and Christianity cannot both be true And truth doesn't seize being the truth just because we don't believe in it. So what the Truth? For me, God is the Truth. His Truth can be found His Word; The Bible, The Truth of Christ. Everything in the Bible is the truth and the only thing that makes sense to me;that God created everything including me and I am loved and there is purpose, hope, and choice; up to and including where I want to spend eternity.

Jesuslightoftheworld

Well, I'm pretty sure that there can be only one Truth and it is absolute and nothing can stand against it. The fact is that people are flawed an so we have all these religions created by flawed humans and none of them is perfect. All of them a lies except for one.
"All religions are perfect" sounds like a contradiction in terms Syo, a bit like saying "all religions are correct", but they cant be because they have different prophets and deities, different theologies, different doctrines. Sure, religion unites people of the same religion (as long as they are in the same denomination of course, try telling the families of the Sunni Muslims firebombed by Shia Muslims in Iraq this year that religion unites people), but it creates divisions like no political or nationalistic prejudice could ever do. Only religion could make a man walk down a street in London, kill unarmed civilians, and think it righteous for example.
Even Buddhism, a religion generally thought of as peaceful and contemplative, is not above a bit of blood lust. Why are Buddhist monks attacking Muslims? - BBC News
If I had to join a religion, I think it'd be Jainism, totally dedicated to peace and non violence, even insects dude! If only all religions were all like that....
In Ireland the Catholics and Protestants are still fighting each other and they're both Christians, how messed up is that? No one tries to understand each other. I find it interesting how the 3 major religions in the world all came from the same book. God is for peace, non violence and the little insects He created too. Ponder this...Who are you? Why are you here? Where are you going? Why does it matter?

Islam and Christianity cannot both be true And truth doesn't seize being the truth just because we don't believe in it. So what the Truth? For me, God is the Truth. His Truth can be found His Word; The Bible, The Truth of Christ. Everything in the Bible is the truth and the only thing that makes sense to me;that God created everything including me and I am loved and there is purpose, hope, and choice; up to and including where I want to spend eternity.

Jesuslightoftheworld

Well, I'm pretty sure that there can be only one Truth and it is absolute and nothing can stand against it. The fact is that people are flawed an so we have all these religions created by flawed humans and none of them is perfect. All of them a lies except for one.
"All religions are perfect" sounds like a contradiction in terms Syo, a bit like saying "all religions are correct", but they cant be because they have different prophets and deities, different theologies, different doctrines. Sure, religion unites people of the same religion (as long as they are in the same denomination of course, try telling the families of the Sunni Muslims firebombed by Shia Muslims in Iraq this year that religion unites people), but it creates divisions like no political or nationalistic prejudice could ever do. Only religion could make a man walk down a street in London, kill unarmed civilians, and think it righteous for example.
Even Buddhism, a religion generally thought of as peaceful and contemplative, is not above a bit of blood lust. Why are Buddhist monks attacking Muslims? - BBC News
If I had to join a religion, I think it'd be Jainism, totally dedicated to peace and non violence, even insects dude! If only all religions were all like that....
In Ireland the Catholics and Protestants are still fighting each other and they're both Christians, how messed up is that? No one tries to understand each other. I find it interesting how the 3 major religions in the world all came from the same book. God is for peace, non violence and the little insects He created too. Ponder this...Who are you? Why are you here? Where are you going? Why does it matter?

Islam and Christianity cannot both be true And truth doesn't seize being the truth just because we don't believe in it. So what the Truth? For me, God is the Truth. His Truth can be found His Word; The Bible, The Truth of Christ. Everything in the Bible is the truth and the only thing that makes sense to me;that God created everything including me and I am loved and there is purpose, hope, and choice; up to and including where I want to spend eternity.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

Nope.

The Holy Bottom Burp

Sure, both religions cant be right but they both can be wrong correct?. Don't you think it is a tad arrogant to rule out the other major religions in the world, and narrow it down to two? You are a Christian, I'm betting you live in a country where Christianity has a lot of cultural influence. Do you think you would be a Christian if you were born in Iraq or Pakistan to Muslim parents? Would you maybe be saying there is only one god, Allah, and Mohammed is his holy prophet? Just something to think about dude.

syo

then it's people who have flaws and they are blinding them and can't live peacefully without conflicts.

whirlingmerc

Of course people are not perfect but works in progress at best in this life
So even a perfect region would not be perfectly carried out by man
by God... well that's another story ...
and a reason trusting Christ's righteous work on the cross makes more sense than trusting our imperfect mess
Our heart attitudes our motives are all tinged with selfishness and are never 'pure'
so even at our best we fall short and need help
The heart is the center of both our problem and the solution is to get it's desires to rest on God but we can't do that without His help

Malachi's didactic diagnosis of strong and weak loves with prognosis … Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 9.11.37 AM.png

Last edited:

VioletVortex

There are a handful of religions that are flawed in my opinion. All others are interpretations of the truth held by different cultures. I really like European Paganism, Hindu, Bhuddism, and Satanism, and those religions play an important role in my beliefs