• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perfect Love Requires Perfect Justice:

iris89

Perfect Love Requires Perfect Justice:

Let's examine why perfect love would require perfect justice as clearly testified to in the Bible. Of course God (YHWH) hates wickedness because the wicked are NOT showing love to his/her neighbor and will bring judgment in his due time against them. God (YHWH) does NOT of course want to do this, but perfect love demands justice. This point is testified to at Ezekiel 18:20-23 , "The soul that sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. 21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all his sins which he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22 None of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness which he has done he shall live. 23 Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, says the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?" (Revised Standard Version; RSV). But God (YHWH) is long suffering and in love hopes that the wicked will turn back from their wicked ways as clearly shown at Romans 9:22-29, "What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience the vessels of wrath made for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for the vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? 25 As indeed he says in Hose'a, "Those who were not my people I will call 'my people,' and her who was not beloved I will call 'my beloved.'" 26 "And in the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' they will be called 'sons of the living God.'" 27 And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved; 28 for the Lord will execute his sentence upon the earth with rigor and dispatch." 29 And as Isaiah predicted, "If the Lord of hosts had not left us children, we would have fared like Sodom and been made like Gomor'rah." (RSV). Here we see that God's (YHWH's) love is long suffering; however, love also calls for justice.

This fact, that love calls for justice and that God (YHWH) is not slow with respect to creatating a just world is shown at 2 Peter 3:8-18, "But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up. 11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, 12 waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire! 13 But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. 14 Therefore, beloved, since you wait for these, be zealous to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace. 15 And count the forbearance of our Lord as salvation. So also our beloved brother Paul wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 speaking of this as he does in all his letters. There are some things in them hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures. 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, beware lest you be carried away with the error of lawless men and lose your own stability. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." (RSV)

God (YHWH) will keep his promise to bring a righteous world that his Son, Jesus (Yeshua) taught us to pray for at Matthew 6:9-15, "Pray then like this: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread; 12 And forgive us our debts, As we also have forgiven our debtors; 13 And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. 14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; 15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses" (RSV). This is clearly testified to at Psalms 27:27-36, " Depart from evil, and do good; so shall you abide for ever. 28 For the LORD loves justice; he will not forsake his saints. The righteous shall be preserved for ever, but the children of the wicked shall be cut off. 29 The righteous shall possess the land, and dwell upon it for ever. 30 The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks justice. 31 The law of his God is in his heart; his steps do not slip. 32 The wicked watches the righteous, and seeks to slay him. 33 The LORD will not abandon him to his power, or let him be condemned when he is brought to trial. 34 Wait for the LORD, and keep to his way, and he will exalt you to possess the land; you will look on the destruction of the wicked. 35 I have seen a wicked man overbearing, and towering like a cedar of Lebanon. 36 Again I passed by, and, lo, he was no more; though I sought him, he could not be found. " (RSV).

True love by God (YHWH) shall be shown to the obediant ones showing love tfor God (YHWH) and his dearly loved only begotten Son, Jesus (Yeshua) Christ, as God (YHWH) is a loving God (YHWH). He wants all of creation living in peace and following what his Son, Jesus (Yeshua) Christ said at Matthew 22:37-40, "And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." (RSV). Certainly since he is a loving God (YHWH) he will see that justice is done as testified to at Luke 18:1-8, "And he told them a parable, to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 2 He said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor regarded man; 3 and there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, 'Vindicate me against my adversary.' 4 For a while he refused; but afterward he said to himself, 'Though I neither fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow bothers me, I will vindicate her, or she will wear me out by her continual coming.'" 6 And the Lord said, "Hear what the unrighteous judge says. 7 And will not God vindicate his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? 8 I tell you, he will vindicate them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on earth?" (RSV). So as we can see, perfect love also requires perfect justice on God's (YHWH's) part.

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Perfect Love requires nothing outside of itself. It is perfect, and requires nothing but love. God's justice is nothing more than a balancing of Karma. Man's justice is not about love, but revenge.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
EnhancedSpirit said:
Perfect Love requires nothing outside of itself. It is perfect, and requires nothing but love. God's justice is nothing more than a balancing of Karma. Man's justice is not about love, but revenge.
Good answer; fruballs to you!:)

iris89

Hi Michel and EnhancedSpirit

Well did you like and learn from my post?

Your Friend in Christ Iris89