• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perceptions of the future related to education about the state of the world

Wandering Monk

A majority of the people surveyed here were pessimistic about the future. Drilling deeper, the less educated about the state of the world were more likely to be pessimistic.

'Those that were most pessimistic about the future tended to have the least basic knowledge on how the world has changed. Of those who could not give a single correct answer to the survey questions, only 17% expect the world to be better off in the future. At the other end of the spectrum, those who had very good knowledge about how the world has changed were the most optimistic about the changes that we can achieve in the next 15 years.'
Optimism and Pessimism

Why does this matter? From the article:

'Misperceptions about specific trends reinforces general discontent about how the world is changing

Misperceptions reveal a failure of our media and our education systems

We are not just negative about the past, we are also pessimistic about the future'

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think that people have been pessimistic about the future for a very long time. I know my Mom was 50 years back, during the Cold War. I feared the atomic bomb would be dropped in my childhood. Only after reaching the metal stage of formal though did I lose fear.

Generally I think it's mostly fear of the unknown and fear of change, and listening to a whole lot of pessimistic people.

'Hasn't happened yet' is a great motto to live by, IMO.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humanity do not lie about reasoning, when they live, right now seeing every condition that is wrong.

When you tell the truth, you own self motivated spiritual reasoning to want change to occur, but you also realize that spiritual harmony has never existed in the reality of our human history.

Humanity then question, so what is going to change in our human behaviour that will support a better future for everyone, as a truthful mind. For spiritual humanity are taught not to lie to their own selves.

Males then applied a concept where they claimed ONE....one humanity and one religion.

And humanity who have been forced to live diversity and own self DNA and land ownership conscious ideals about self and DNA deny that reality.

And science knows that diversity was caused to our Nature, for it also says that once our 2 parent human history was physical body owner, on various continents as the same DNA owner.

And it is only occult/nuclear science history that owns forced change to that status.

So we know that science took our holy one status of self idealized humanity away from us....and science owns what it says is a higher self presence, technological advancement in our future with machines owning a higher presence than in any human past..

Which does not give spiritual humanity any reason to hope for a better life, in realistic human realisation.

Machines by conditions in human reality do factually begin to take the place of conscious bio living reasons to be living and expressing and owning natural bio life, in a variation of causations.

Idealising a better future in technology, always was proven in the past to be its own demise....for the being of self is natural and bio and part of self positivity is owning a meaningful relationship not only with the natural family but with the extended human family in group structures.

Our historical natural living conditions have always realised that spirituality is owned by group meetings, and group interactive teaching models as a self supported spiritual bio life ability for self worth.

We are in fact owner of that natural living self supporting group structure, which machines removes us from.....as we pertain that we move into a higher life style of elitism structures.....and the basis of that elitist strategy is self laziness.

Mutual working conditions placed the wisdom to be shared and experienced with everyone, including those who claim that they were wise.

We know that we are losing that needed human condition.