• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perceptions about homosexuality which might

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
But do you marry a man or do you marry a woman until death do you both part? In the case of marriage prospects, it might get tougher. Bisexuality seems like it works better for those who are single, confirmed lifelong bachelors. There are probably some bisexuals who feel the urge to go with women sometimes and go with men other times. There are probably some that do in fact get bored with just one sex after a while. They need the variety of pensies and vaginas to be totally gratified.

Yes, it's also true that some heterosexuals and homosexuals may also get bored with the same partner after so long. They still crave a penis or a vagina, depending upon their unisexual orientation, but a younger more attractive penis or a younger more attractive vagina.

Here UNISEXUAL means being attracted to only one sex of two sexes but never both sexes.
I will marry the person who I have the most stable and satisfying romantic relationship with, regardless of gender. You're making it into something vulgar and silly. "Variety of penises and vaginas"? There's something called sex toys, you know. "Younger more attractive penis or a younger more attractive vagina"? What? I prefer slightly older men and women, myself, actually.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The number of molestations is not as pertinent as the rate of incidence. The percentage of male homosexuals (U.S.) is 2% whereas the remainder of the male population is ~48%. Therefore, if the rate of incidence were equal, there should be 24 times the incidence of molestations of girls by males versus boys by males. But that is not the case. The rate of molestation by homosexual males is much higher than the rate of molestation by heterosexual males.

Male homosexuals as being 2%? Where does this figure come from since it appears to be quite low - and more reflects the number of male paedophiles in the population.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The number of molestations is not as pertinent as the rate of incidence. The percentage of male homosexuals (U.S.) is 2% whereas the remainder of the male population is ~48%. Therefore, if the rate of incidence were equal, there should be 24 times the incidence of molestations of girls by males versus boys by males. But that is not the case. The rate of molestation by homosexual males is much higher than the rate of molestation by heterosexual males.

Is that true, could you provide your source?

Because i understood it is close family members who topped the pervert chart.

Arguably followed by priests

Actually the Kinsey report suggests up to 86% of the population have homosexual traits to some extent and around 14% are completely homosexual.

Last edited:

Jonathan Bailey

Male homosexuals as being 2%? Where does this figure come from since it appears to be quite low - and more reflects the number of male paedophiles in the population.
I don't know.

I'm inclined to believe the human race is mostly naturally bi in terms of sexual attraction. Most married men to women probably beat off thinking of cute boys at least one time in their life. The same-sex aspect of the natural "bi-ness" is most often covered up. There are many more closeted bisexuals than pure homosexuals.

What percentage of the human race is pure homosexual?
What percentage of the human race is pure heterosexual?

Probably about the same each.

There's much gray area in human sexuality.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I don't know.

I'm inclined to believe the human race is mostly naturally bi in terms of sexual attraction. Most married men to women probably beat off thinking of cute boys at least one time in their life. The same-sex aspect of the natural "bi-ness" is most often covered up. There are many more closeted bisexuals than pure homosexuals.

What percentage of the human race is pure homosexual?
What percentage of the human race is pure heterosexual?

Probably about the same each.

There's much gray area in human sexuality.

True that it might be difficult to arrive at a proper answer here - and social behaviour, where it is becoming much more acceptable to display a range of attractions in many societies will impact this - but those having a predominant sexual orientation perhaps should be the main consideration as to what orientation they are. If one believes quite a bit of evidence for this, a much larger number of adult males have (or had) sexual feelings towards younger children than would be indicated by the numbers of paedophiles in existence - that is, the medical definition of such rather than what the popular media commonly uses.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
True that it might be difficult to arrive at a proper answer here - and social behaviour, where it is becoming much more acceptable to display a range of attractions in many societies will impact this - but those having a predominant sexual orientation perhaps should be the main consideration as to what orientation they are. If one believes quite a bit of evidence for this, a much larger number of adult males have (or had) sexual feelings towards younger children than would be indicated by the numbers of paedophiles in existence - that is, the medical definition of such rather than what the popular media commonly uses.

Do you have evidence for this? From my understanding pedophilia is quite often a heterosexual behavior. Please do not bring up the gender of their victims since this does not say anything about what sort of adults that they are attracted to.

Jonathan Bailey

"Cute boys" might likely be "teenage boys" and "young adult men". Prepubescent children might think of other children in their own age bracket, sexually speaking, but who knows. I don't think most people from puberty on up think of prepubescent children sexually. People are most sexually-attractive from about the age of sexual maturity to about 35. Youthfulness is often a strong sexual attraction factor. No man gets a hard on for wrinkled old farts. Yep, the creep factor.

Jonathan Bailey

Totally wrong. There's many men attracted to elderly people. Shoot, I'm a guy and I think Helen Mirren is totally hot. She's 73.
Well, most men at any age get the hots for the younger ones.

Perhaps it has more to do with how young the person appears than the actual calendar age.
Perception again.

I've been shocked to hear "handsome young men's voices" on the radio then later see them on TV as bald, fat, bespectacled, gray-bearded old geezers.

Jonathan Bailey

Quality over quantity. The rabble are never known for having the best taste. :)
Evolutionists think it natural for members of the animal kingdom to favor younger specimens for mating. Pubic hair, smooth skin, lack of grayness and baldness indicate sexual maturity at a younger age and an age when the humans are still most fertile and fruitful, ages best for parenting and providing. Women become barren around 50-something and men are physically stronger and sharper-minded at earlier ages for supporting a family economically. When people are in their primes of life is when they are the biggest turn-ons to prospective mates.

The perception of youthful age is most important in the selection of breeding stock.

Still, homosexuals, non-breeders, mostly favor the look of YOUNG.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Do you have evidence for this? From my understanding pedophilia is quite often a heterosexual behavior. Please do not bring up the gender of their victims since this does not say anything about what sort of adults that they are attracted to.

From what I have seen, the numbers of paedophiles attracted to males or females is about the same. The numbers of victims, and whether they report such, I'm not sure about, and it's possible that more females are victims. Haven't looked at this in a while.

The evidence for sexual arousal in adult males to images or fantasies involving quite young children - as much as 20% minimum in some studies, and often greater - is mentioned in one of the books written by Dr Sarah Goode, who did some research into paedophilia. I've read both books but I can't remember in which book these studies (and surveys) were cited - a total of eight I think.

Sarah D. Goode - Wikipedia

Edit: It was in Understanding and Addressing Adult Sexual Attraction to Children (2010)

Why do so many males (as opposed to females) seem to show sexual arousal to sexually stimulating images or erotic fantasies involving young children? She quotes the results from five studies which seemed to show that between 17% and 58% of the males involved in the studies did have such sexual arousal. A further three studies involving questionnaires found lesser proportions, but it was pointed out that such surveys invariably underestimate, since the subjects might be less than truthful. Her estimate was that a minimum of 20% of males find younger children sexually attractive at some time, although this could be as high as 30%.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
"Cute boys" might likely be "teenage boys" and "young adult men". Prepubescent children might think of other children in their own age bracket, sexually speaking, but who knows. I don't think most people from puberty on up think of prepubescent children sexually. People are most sexually-attractive from about the age of sexual maturity to about 35. Youthfulness is often a strong sexual attraction factor. No man gets a hard on for wrinkled old farts. Yep, the creep factor.

See my reply to another in #33.

The studies, which tested for sexual arousal, did involve prepubescents and those tested were adult males. The studies didn't then go on to say that any so aroused would necessarily do anything about having such feelings or that they would be classed as paedophiles, just that many are a bit more fluid in their sexual feelings - and might be provoked into such abnormal feelings - by certain circumstances. I believe visual imagery or fantasy materials were used.

However, opposed to these studies, there have been surveys where the answers came out rather differently, and more in line with the numbers of paedophiles thought to actually exist in societies - but surveys are often difficult to get right.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
From what I have seen, the numbers of paedophiles attracted to males or females is about the same. The numbers of victims, and whether they report such, I'm not sure about, and it's possible that more females are victims. Haven't looked at this in a while.

The evidence for sexual arousal in adult males to images or fantasies involving quite young children - as much as 20% minimum in some studies, and often greater - is mentioned in one of the books written by Dr Sarah Goode, who did some research into paedophilia. I've read both books but I can't remember in which book these studies (and surveys) were cited - a total of eight I think.

Sarah D. Goode - Wikipedia
You missed the point. The gender of victims does not tell you if the pedophile is gay or straight.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
You missed the point. The gender of victims does not tell you if the pedophile is gay or straight.

Well I doubt that a heterosexual or homosexual paedophile would choose the opposite gender than they normally would, since the argument that they are just 'attracted to children in general' doesn't seem to make any sense. Neither does the one about control, although no doubt there is an element of that for many. One has only to listen to what they have to say to see how segregated they are - as in attracted to males or females, although there are numbers who are attracted to both - but not the majority.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well I doubt that a heterosexual or homosexual paedophile would choose the opposite gender than they normally would, since the argument that they are just 'attracted to children in general' doesn't seem to make any sense. Neither does the one about control, although no doubt there is an element of that for many. One has only to listen to what they have to say to see how segregated they are - as in attracted to males or females, although there are numbers who are attracted to both - but not the majority.

From my understanding the experts on pedophilia disagree with you. It is a common error that some make.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Evolutionists think it natural for members of the animal kingdom to favor younger specimens for mating. Pubic hair, smooth skin, lack of grayness and baldness indicate sexual maturity at a younger age and an age when the humans are still most fertile and fruitful, ages best for parenting and providing. Women become barren around 50-something and men are physically stronger and sharper-minded at earlier ages for supporting a family economically. When people are in their primes of life is when they are the biggest turn-ons to prospective mates.

The perception of youthful age is most important in the selection of breeding stock.

Still, homosexuals, non-breeders, mostly favor the look of YOUNG.
If you're attracted to younger people, that's your business and I don't care what you do as long as it's legal. But stop trying to act like everyone should feel the same as you do and there's something wrong with those who have different preferences. Why someone is attracted to any set of traits is very complicated. I just tend to prefer people my age or a bit older than I (mid-20s to 40s, usually). I like body hair and bald heads on men. After all, that's what I look like! Also, younger men are usually not stable enough to support a family so I call bs on your claims.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
FYI, I'm a bisexual who prefers men or women around 35-40 years old. I am 30. I feel that a lot of Subs don't mind someone a little older.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
If you're attracted to younger people, that's your business and I don't care what you do as long as it's legal. But stop trying to act like everyone should feel the same as you do and there's something wrong with those who have different preferences. Why someone is attracted to any set of traits is very complicated. I just tend to prefer people my age or a bit older than I (mid-20s to 40s, usually). I like body hair and bald heads on men. After all, that's what I look like! Also, younger men are usually not stable enough to support a family so I call bs on your claims.
I don't know. I find it hard to be attracted to women outside my peer group. Women who 18-25 really do not do anything for me due to their lack of experience (I know this might be a stereotype) and their youthful exuberance and optimism. I know there is nothing wrong with any of that but they are just traits that I know go away with age. Hell, my last girlfriend was 60 years old but she was a very hot sexy Chinese 60 year old. Man, I miss her.