• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who do this need to go to the nuthouse.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Urinating in the streets is almost as vile as doing number two there. It is both savage practices. I was in Germany with the army and the people were dirty and vile there too. The French are a Latin culture (from the Romans) but have inherited some cultural traits and language borrowings from both Germanic and Celtic peoples of western Europe. The French got their vile non-hygienic/unsanitary nature from the barbaric Germanic tribes no doubt. The Romans had a modern sanitation system in their times. Street urination is common in Germany as is body odor and foul breath. I don't mind peeing out in a rural area in the soil and grass. Human waste does not belong on concrete city streets. The Germans fouled an otherwise civilized Europe with barbarism following the sacking of Rome.

Americans think of Europe as highly cultured, sophisticated and highly civilized but the people largely are unclean there. My father said the streets of Italy were foul with rats when his ship ported there in the navy. The streets can be foul in Britain too. I think the Scandinavians might be much cleaner and sanitary for Europeans but I don't know for fact. I don't know about the Dutch, Greeks and Swiss. Spain looks a bit rustic and rough in pictures. The Brits have ugly teeth often.The Germanics made Europe filthy no doubt when their tribes infiltrated mainstream Europe.

Largely unclean??? Remember i have been to America several times, in places, the big cities it is disgusting. Also note, in europe people dont poo in supermarket isles.

The streets of any port are rife with rats. Including american ports

Fyi, British teeth and oral hygiene are better than America, just another old wives tail that got you hooked

Are British Teeth Really Worse Than American Teeth? - MedicineNet

https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/news/20151216/are-british-teeth-really-worse-than-american-teeth

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Do you have better solution than "tax the rich"?
ROTFLMAO

Do you perhaps live in Dodge City?

Along with taxing the rich more I say the govt. shroud stop spending money on needless stuff like foreign aid and take care of her own first. There are so many police cars in a little craphole town like Lawton, OK that I count at least five in my residential neighborhood every some I for a morning bike ride. Yet, there are potholes the size of moon craters in the asphalt all over town and my body is punished by an agonizing bicycle ride. It is also dangerous for bikes. Bike lanes here are next to none. This hill-jack town is full of fat lazy cigarette-smoking churchgoing yokels in gas-gobbling Ford King Ranch trucks and Chevy Suburbans. No infrastructure care is given for health-conscious joggers, walkers and bike riders.
Ah, so the rich need to pay for all that as well, right?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
When humanity stoops this low, I would say the world is on its last two legs.

Not a new thing sadly. 20 years ago I use to work government security for a government office and we had folks that used the elevators for bathrooms on more than one occasion. And in one case there was a high level meeting of educators, and no one else, in a hall on the historical register. Apparently someone could not find the bathroom (the 4 signs outside the doors of the hall directing them to the bathrooms apparently were to hard to figure out) so they went to the center set of doors to the outside, that were not open, past 2 sets of oak doors to the inside, huge, copper outer doors, and went the bathroom...both 1 and 2.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Prove it.

It would simply be a matter of comparing net wealth and wages between the highest and the lowest. Or, just go to any city in America, and you will commonly see a section with large, luxurious mansions where wealthy people live, as well as lower-class neighborhoods and ghettos where the non-wealthy people live. That should be proof enough.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It would simply be a matter of comparing net wealth and wages between the highest and the lowest. Or, just go to any city in America, and you will commonly see a section with large, luxurious mansions where wealthy people live, as well as lower-class neighborhoods and ghettos where the non-wealthy people live. That should be proof enough.
Rich people living in wealthy neighborhoods cause poor people to be poor?
That is your "proof"?
Seriously?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Every Safeway has a lavatory that people can use without paying for something.

Back in 1996, I was in San Francisco on Market Street. I had to buy a cup of coffee at a Jack in the Box there to get the key to the lavatory. Asians ran that place: only they would be so anal as to not offer free lavatory use to the public. Most Jack in the Boxes elsewhere don't use key control for restrooms. There wasn't a free public toilet anywhere around. The one at the nearby BART station was closed for repairs. I had the runs like you wouldn't believe. I poured the coffee down the sink right after using the toilet. The last thing you want is coffee with explosive diarrhea. The small coffee was the least expensive thing on the menu. I think 65 cents then.

Before getting to Market Street, I got off the train at Fourth and Townsend (no restroom even at the CalTrain station and I didn't even see any toilets on the train from San Jose, I didn't think to look for a toilet on the train as my bowels started to rumble as the train was pulling into SF then as I had wrongly assumed there would be a toilet at the train station waiting for me, sometime later I had discovered there were toilets on those trains but not with doors in plain view) and hiked to the bus station on Mission Street. My bowels were growling but I couldn't use the men's room there because I was too modest. There were guys sitting on the toilets and all the doors on the privacy stalls were missing. I had to press on toward Market Street. Holding my bowels while trying to find a crapper at the BART station. No luck barely made it to the hamburger joint down the street.

Yes, SF has had a serious deficit in the availability of free public toilets.
Yes, a fair bit of the restaurants here don't offer public restrooms, too, especially in the Short North and Downtown where many of the homeless congregate. The Chipotle in the Short North requires a code for the restroom, for instance. None of the other ones in the city I know of do. This city is turning into a Midwestern San Francisco and I despise it.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Rich people living in wealthy neighborhoods cause poor people to be poor?
That is your "proof"?
Seriously?

Seems self-evident to me. Some people are rich and some people are poor. And you want me to prove that?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Seems self-evident to me. Some people are rich and some people are poor. And you want me to prove that?
I would like more data, myself. California has a progressive tax bracket. In Bakersfield, there are multimillion dollar mansions, tons of jobs, lots of money, but staggering poverty, especially in Oildale. Of course their is mental health issues, disabilities, and I have met a few who came their homeless from other states. Of course the wealthy should pay more in taxes to contribute to the community that made their wealth possible, but there has got to be more to it than that.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would like more data, myself. California has a progressive tax bracket. In Bakersfield, there are multimillion dollar mansions, tons of jobs, lots of money, but staggering poverty, especially in Oildale. Of course their is mental health issues, disabilities, and I have met a few who came their homeless from other states. Of course the wealthy should pay more in taxes to contribute to the community that made their wealth possible, but there has got to be more to it than that.
It's because the taxes aren't being used to help the poor and homeless.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I know this subject has come up before and will come up again. I'm not just talking about homeless, but more of the working poor and others who actually have jobs but struggle to find affordable housing.

And according to the OP, there are some people struggling to find a bathroom.

I see nothing wrong with raising the taxes on the wealthy. I find it very difficult to empathize with wealthy people who whine about having to pay taxes.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And according to the OP, there are some people struggling to find a bathroom.
Yeah. I have this problem driving Lyft. I try to stick to getting gas at Arco, because they usually have one, and to make myself a regular face to use the restroom even if I'm not buying anything (and it's cheap top tier gas). It's definitely a hassle.
I see nothing wrong with raising the taxes on the wealthy. I find it very difficult to empathize with wealthy people who whine about having to pay taxes.
I agree. However I am certain there's more to it than that. Such as housing assistance (very backed up in California), job training (haven't looked into it), and aid for those with physical and mental disabilities.

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I am not interested in your strawman.
You claimed that rich people cause poor people to be poor.
That there are rich people and there are poor people does not establish that rich people cause poor people to be poor.

Of course, using your presented argument, one can just as easily state that poor people cause rich people to be rich.

Jonathan Bailey

Scandinavians are Germanic (aside from Finland), smart one. :rolleyes:

But are they cleaner/more sanitary than the Germanics more south of Sweden? I've seen pictures of Swedish homes and they look immaculate enough to eat off the floor. I can't imagine Swedes smell like BO in public like the Germans do if the appearance of their houses bear any relevance. I've been on the German U-Bahn so my nose knows firsthand.

For Germanics, the Swedes, Dutch and Amish are quite peaceniks otherwise Germanics are quite war-like.The Amish men are all bearded and don't strike me as a people of good hygiene. I don't think they shower and use deodorant because they are so old-fashioned. I think they must bathe in a wooden tub if at all.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not interested in your strawman.
You claimed that rich people cause poor people to be poor.
That there are rich people and there are poor people does not establish that rich people cause poor people to be poor.

There is a clear cause-and-effect relationship. Just because you choose to remain blind to it does not make it non-existent.

Of course, using your presented argument, one can just as easily state that poor people cause rich people to be rich.

Except that rich people have an inordinate amount of influence over public policy. Therefore, the policies that work to make the rich richer and the poor poorer are the responsibility of the rich. They're stacking the deck in their own favor.

Let's just look at the problem outlined in the OP. Let me try to connect the dots for you, since you seem willfully contrary on this.

1. Homeless person poops in Safeway.
2. Why is this person homeless? Because he can't afford to buy/rent housing.
3. Why can't he afford to buy/rent housing? Because it's too expensive or he doesn't make enough money (or a combination of the two).
4a. Why is housing too expensive? Because a rich person decided (all on their own) to set the price too high and is clearly demanding more money than he/she actually deserves.
4b. Why does the individual not make enough money? Because a rich person decided that they should be paid less and not get enough to live a decent life.

So, it seems quite obvious, self-evident, and logical to me. The situation is as it is because of the questionable choices made by rich people, ostensibly due to blind greed and nothing else. The only remedy is intervention from above, either in the form of higher taxes on the rich, wage/price/rent controls, or similar measures to equalize society and level the playing field.

When Reagan took office, his theory was that, by lowering taxes on the rich and deregulating the marketplace, it would encourage the rich to spend more, invest more - with the idea that the benefit would "trickle down" to the rest of society. That didn't happen. The expectation was that, in an unfettered, deregulated market with low taxes, the wealthy would have greater freedom of choice, with the assumption that they would make the right choice which would bring about the greatest benefit to America as a whole. At least, that's what they promised, and that's why a lot of people voted for him.

Now, nearly 40 years later, we see that just the opposite has happened. Even though Reagan believed the wealthy would make the right choices if he gave them freedom to do so, it's clear that they did not. They pushed for more outsourcing and created the Rust Belt. They strongly opposed labor unions (which is hypocritical from those who claim to support a free, deregulated, laissez-faire society). They cut social programs which left a lot of people out in the cold. Meanwhile, they continued to support interventionist warmongering, fiscally irresponsible borrow-and-spend policies, and an insurmountable trade deficit. The infrastructure is collapsing, our once-booming industry is dead, America's credit rating is sinking, and our influence and prestige around the world has also decreased to a measurable degree.

Who do you think is responsible for this? The poor? The working class? They don't set policy or influence society.