• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who aren't worshipping Jesus, who are they worshipping?

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
That's great, but if you're combining romano and british mythology, then it's syncretism. britiain is traditionally Xian, btw.

Almost all European deities have a common source, save for the culturally unique one. What do you mean by Xian?

Harmonious

Ehm, have you read the book of Hebrews? Jesus is God, and He isn't an invisible deity that has to be approached by a 'middleman''.
I have. And no, Jesus isn't God.

Seriously, does that sort of Deity, really make sense?
No. Anything that requires God to have taken a physical form doesn't make sense.

Well... It might to YOU, if you're into that... But it doesn't work for me.

Harmonious

Well, in the Bible, it states that Jesus is the ruler of heaven and earth. So, your comment makes sense if we aren't adhering to the Bible. That's great, but that needs to be specified.
In the Christian Scriptures, not in what I think of as the Bible. But there we go...

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I have. And no, Jesus isn't God.

No. Anything that requires God to have taken a physical form doesn't make sense.

Well... It might to YOU, if you're into that... But it doesn't work for me.
Lol the discussion was about the ''middleman'' concept. Many deities have a ''human form''. if your writing all those off, be my guest.

Harmonious

Lol the discussion was about the ''middleman'' concept. Many deities have a ''human form''. if your writing all those off, be my guest.
I do. But then again, I don't profess to believe in them. Other folks do. They are free to believe what they wish.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
In the Christian Scriptures, not in what I think of as the Bible. But there we go...
That is sort of the point. Xianity has a theological tradition/format, that many people seem to disregard. Whether they ''believe'' in Jesus as deity does not change the actual traditional belief system.

Harmonious

That is sort of the point. Xianity has a theological tradition/format, that many people seem to disregard. Whether they ''believe'' in Jesus as deity does not change the actual traditional belief system.
So... In essence, are you saying, "This is God, Who I worship, and this is the name I call Him. You, who call God a different name, like Allah, Krishna, or simply the Creator, believe in the same God, as all manifestations of God is one God."

Is that what you are saying?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So... In essence, are you saying, "This is God, Who I worship, and this is the name I call Him. You, who call God a different name, like Allah, Krishna, or simply the Creator, believe in the same God, as all manifestations of God is one God."

Is that what you are saying?
That wasn't quite was I was saying, no. However, that is applicable to my beliefs, if the deity is the same in nature, yes. It isn't across the board, though, there are ''different'' types of deities.

Harmonious

That wasn't quite was I was saying, no. However, that is applicable to my beliefs, if the deity is the same in nature, yes. It isn't across the board, though, there are ''different'' types of deities.
So let me try again, and hope I'm getting closer. Are you saying that "Jesus, Allah, and whatever name Jews use to call God are the same God?"

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So let me try again, and hope I'm getting closer. Are you saying that "Jesus, Allah, and whatever name Jews use to call God are the same God?"
I do believe that that is tomato-tomahto, yes.
Some muslims say that Allah is different from the Judaic deity, however, so there is obviously some reason that those muslims hold that belief. I do not actually know why they say that, though.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Since Jesus has all the power of heaven and earth, then who is being worshipped by people who aren't worshipping Jesus?
Also, ''bridging the gap''
If Jesus supposedly 'bridges the gap' between us and ''G-d'', how does that square with Jesus having all the power of heaven, and on earth? Why would Jesus be bridging the gap to another Deity/?/, if He already rules in heaven?
  • Jesus has no power over heaven and or. Jesus is dead.
  • I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim. I worship G-d who is identified by many attributes or these good attributes identify Him. Some of the attributes are as follows:
    • [112:1]In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
      [112:2]Say, ‘He is Allah, the One;
      [112:3]‘Allah, the Independent and Besought of all.
      [112:4]‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
      [112:5]‘And there is none like unto Him.’
      Quran : Chapter 112
  • Jesus never bridged any gap. He only gave the message from G-d as every-other prophet/messenger did.
Regards

Ehm, have you read the book of Hebrews? Jesus is God, and He isn't an invisible deity that has to be approached by a 'middleman''.

Seriously, does that sort of Deity, really make sense?
It's easy to make this claim, but where is the scriptural proof? You claim that Hebrews contains proof that Jesus is God the Almighty...I would be interested in examining such texts...if they exist.