• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pence blocks Fauci from CNN (nothing to see here folks)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Well, since I sorta bounce around all over the place, I don't know which talking heads are saying what. And if I ask my wife, I'll get all sorts of advice, let me tell ya. :emojconfused:
Yo GOTTA listen to your wise wife!! :D

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
IMG_0534.JPG

@metis

jejejejeje
jajajajaja
jajajajaja
hahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HA HA HA HA!!

:joycat::joycat:

Yazata

Let's not conflate valuing truth with hating trump.

Aren't you the one arguing for doing that?

'Conflate' means 'merge into one'. I'm arguing that matters of journalistic accuracy and truth can't just be functions of a journalist's pre-existing political allegiances and biases. There needs to be some objectivity and openmindedness.

I would say that ANY journalist who is neutral on trump isn't really being a journalist.

Like I just said.

I'm not interested in some reporter's personal opinion of the President. I already have plenty of opinions of my own and don't want or need to hear theirs.

I do want to hear what the President and the others actually say to the American people. Then I'll respond as I believe is appropriate. I don't want to have to receive the message through some hostile opposition filter that's almost guaranteed to distort and reduce what was said to a caricature.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I do want to hear what the President and the others actually say to the American people. Then I'll respond as I believe is appropriate. I don't want to have to receive the message through some hostile opposition filter that's almost guaranteed to distort and reduce what was said to a caricature.
Do you watch Fox?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Aren't you the one arguing for doing that?

'Conflate' means 'merge into one'. I'm arguing that matters of journalistic accuracy and truth can't just be functions of a journalist's pre-existing political allegiances and biases. There needs to be some objectivity and openmindedness.

Like I just said.

I'm not interested in some reporter's personal opinion of the President. I already have plenty of opinions of my own and don't want or need to hear theirs.

Many groups have counted trump's lies. He is by any objective, clinical measure, a pathological liar. This is not 'opinion".

If you value the truth, you don't have to "hate trump", you just recognize that you will tend NOT to hear the truth from him.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hey, anything I dislike is "fascist"...even if it's just a
piddly little micturition match between Trump & CNN.
Barring a head official who often is opposed to Trump's delusional and dangerous wants his further than mere "piddle little micturition." Pence already has a scarred record in politics when it comes to health issues. He, like others, do not care about health and life, only the money they make from downplaying known health risks. This latest action seems a repeat of putting corporate interests before publuc health.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Summary: CNN has decided that it often won't broadcast trump's so-called "covid updates" because, well because they're dangerous and off-topic. In retaliation, Pence is blocking Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx from giving interviews on CNN.

This doesn't seem at all fascist, totalitarian, or unconstitutional. </sarcasm>

Pence Blocks Fauci, Birx from Appearing on CNN after Network Stops Airing Full White House Coronavirus Briefings
Naw. CNN didn't want Trumps people on anyways. He's just helping those guys out.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Barring a head official who often is opposed to Trump's delusional and dangerous wants his further than mere "piddle little micturition." Pence already has a scarred record in politics when it comes to health issues. He, like others, do not care about health and life, only the money they make from downplaying known health risks. This latest action seems a repeat of putting corporate interests before publuc health.
I just sent Pence a message....
<yawn> <ignore> <yawn>
We know who he'll blame.