• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pence blocks Fauci from CNN (nothing to see here folks)

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Summary: CNN has decided that it often won't broadcast trump's so-called "covid updates" because, well because they're dangerous and off-topic. In retaliation, Pence is blocking Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx from giving interviews on CNN.

This doesn't seem at all fascist, totalitarian, or unconstitutional. </sarcasm>

Pence Blocks Fauci, Birx from Appearing on CNN after Network Stops Airing Full White House Coronavirus Briefings
They can always address the good Dr.s at the update sessions at the Whitehouse briefings. So not fascist at all. Why go to the modern National Enquirer type reporting agencies when there are better outlets?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Summary: CNN has decided that it often won't broadcast trump's so-called "covid updates" because, well because they're dangerous and off-topic. In retaliation, Pence is blocking Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx from giving interviews on CNN.

Pence Blocks Fauci, Birx from Appearing on CNN after Network Stops Airing Full White House Coronavirus Briefings

Sorta reapin' what they sowed, don't you think?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They can always address the good Dr.s at the update sessions at the Whitehouse briefings. So not fascist at all. Why go to the modern National Enquirer type reporting agencies when there are better outlets?
Hey, anything I dislike is "fascist"...even if it's just a
piddly little micturition match between Trump & CNN.

icehorse

Premium Member

FWIW, CNN is seen as mostly non-partisan.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As only CNN viewers believe. I find them VERY partisan. The fact they won't show the updates is a testament to the fact they are partisan.
If they don't give equal time to the Democrats especially governors in response, they're clearly right-wing leaning.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Mr. Trump's ability to be believed by the American public as successfully dealing with this pandemic almost entirely rests on his ability to shape and control the narrative, given that his actual performance has been mostly incompetent. Hence he has resorted to daily "briefings" that nearly everyone but America's ample supply of village idiots is coming to see for what they are: propaganda. Hence, CNN must be penalized for its failure to support Mr. Trump's narrative. If he cannot impose it on the American people, he cannot win reelection.

Yazata

FWIW, CNN is seen as mostly non-partisan.

By whom?

Ever since the 2016 election, and probably before, CNN has behaved like the propaganda arm of the democratic party, the Hate Trump Network. That hatred is their presupposition and it biases (and typically ruins) every politically-relevant story they try to present.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Except independent studies, such with Politico, show CNN to be the most accurate evening news just behind PBS' NewsHour, with Fox being the least reliable. I saw three similar studies several years that concluded Fox simply is the worst, which stands to reason as Murdock create the network to reflect "conservative values". His numerous other networks are also unreliable if news is what one really wants. Even some congressional Pubs in the past have criticized Fox on that basis, and some former Pubs that have left that party have been very critical of it.

As for myself, I get my news from across the board, and that includes both the t.v. and internet news. I don't blindly trust any network. And, yes, I do somethings watch Fox, thus I don't ignore them.

Kenny

Premium Member
If they don't give equal time to the Democrats especially governors in response, they're clearly right-wing leaning.
There could be right leaning outlets too. Never said there couldn't. I think the subject matter was CNN

metis

By whom?

Ever since the 2016 election, and probably before, CNN has behaved like the propaganda arm of the democratic party, the Hate Trump Network. That hatred is their presupposition and it biases (and typically ruins) every politically-relevant story they try to present.
Why don't you cite Fox in a similar way then if objectivity is what you really want? Also, see my last post above.

icehorse

Premium Member
By whom?

Let's not conflate valuing truth with hating trump. I would say that ANY journalist who is neutral on trump isn't really being a journalist. journalism is meant to be about truth.

Kenny

Premium Member
Except independent studies, such with Politico, show CNN to be the most accurate evening news just behind PBS' NewsHour, with Fox being the least reliable. I saw three similar studies several years that concluded Fox simply is the worst, which stands to reason as Murdock create the network to reflect "conservative values". His numerous other networks are also unreliable if news is what one really wants. Even some congressional Pubs in the past have criticized Fox on that basis, and some former Pubs that have left that party have been very critical of it.

As for myself, I get my news from across the board, and that includes both the t.v. and internet news. I don't blindly trust any network. And, yes, I do somethings watch Fox, thus I don't ignore them.
Then it is the famous few that spoil the good in CNN

metis

Then it is the famous few that spoil the good in CNN
Well, since I sorta bounce around all over the place, I don't know which talking heads are saying what. And if I ask my wife, I'll get all sorts of advice, let me tell ya. :emojconfused: