• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pelosi's Speech Shredding, a poll

How do you view Pelosi's act of shredding Trump's speech?

• Disrespectful

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Bada##

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Other

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters

Notanumber

A Free Man
I wonder if she tore it up because he refused her advances or would she have done it anyway.

We have all heard about a woman scorned.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Also, I just have to add that it was better for her to tear up what amounted to Trump's campaign speech than to mimic Donald and tear up the Constitution.
But seriously, Metis, don't you want even her to behave better than that? SOTU is an important public ritual, that deserves (despite the delivery) to be treated respectfully.

I demand the same of Pelosi as I did of Trump in the "handshake" thread. When you are doing your office, do you office, and leave your petulant self at the door.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
So this makes her no better than Trump. Even though I would hope she gets a spot under the only shade tree in Hell, she, IMHO, should have taken the high road. I think true colors were shown by both leaders last night. I'm not sure if there will ever be another middle ground in the country.
I couldn't figure out how to rate this post -- funny, like, etc.

Yes, she should have taken the high road -- as I said Trump should have as well.

But your last point is the most important, and the saddest -- and it's something I'm coming around to believing: you all, as Americans, have lost the ability to find a way to talk to one another about your shared values, and instead focus on all that tears you apart. And it may be very hard, verging on impossible, to find a way back.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But seriously, Metis, don't you want even her to behave better than that? SOTU is an important public ritual, that deserves (despite the delivery) to be treated respectfully.
And I did post that, although I don't know if it was on this thread. On many an occasion here I've posted "two wrongs don't make a right", much like "two Wongs don't make a white".

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The way that the President of the USA is constantly hounded by political losers is pretty repulsive – in my opinion.
He should grow some thicker skin then. He gives it pretty good (all day and night long) but turns into a weepy little snowflake when it comes back to him. You get what you give, man.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Weird how people are more upset over Pelosi tearing up some paper or handing out pens than they are the fact that the president repeatedly threatened foreign nations with war crimes and threatened California with removal of federal funding if they don't roll back protections on women's reproductive rights.

But, no, this is clearly what we should be discussing right now. Somebody must speak for the paper!

Notanumber

A Free Man
He should grow some thicker skin then. He gives it pretty good (all day and night long) but turns into a weepy little snowflake when it comes back to him. You get what you give, man.

Donald’s skin must be thick enough to cope and keep him on the right track regardless of the slings and arrows.

He has remarkable fortitude.

esmith

Veteran Member
My take is Nancy is not running for office in 2020. The reason I say that is her party is not going to put her in as Speaker if, and that is a IF the Dem's remain the majority party in the House. She wants to go out at the peak of her career not as a has been. She is just showing the AOC crowd that she can be just as juvie as they are.

Last edited:
I tend to think that kind of partisan, theatric display is not appropriate in a State of the Union address.

But, I hesitate to condemn her until I watch the speech (which I haven't yet).

Also, everyone seems to be assuming Trump intentionally did not shake her hand, but it wasn't clear to me that it was intentional. He could have just been oblivious.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Donald’s skin must be thick enough to cope and keep him on the right track regardless of the slings and arrows.

He has remarkable fortitude.
Sorry but, "remarkable fortitude?"
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

John McCain ... sure. Trump ... gimme a break. He's been crying and wailing via Twitter since he took office.