• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pelosi's Speech Shredding, a poll

How do you view Pelosi's act of shredding Trump's speech?

• Disrespectful

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Bada##

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Other

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I didn't like it when she did that, but neither did I like Trump's refusal to shake her hand. Although, on Pelosi's behalf, heaven knows where the Groper-In-Chief's hand had recently been.

So this makes her no better than Trump. Even though I would hope she gets a spot under the only shade tree in Hell, she, IMHO, should have taken the high road. I think true colors were shown by both leaders last night. I'm not sure if there will ever be another middle ground in the country.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Shaking hands with a dirty old man who attacked her over and over again. She's a mensch for an attempt at civility.

That sword cuts both ways. Or are you saying Nancy is too delicate to be in the position she finds herself?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No matter what your politics, this was stupid. She could have sold the copy on Ebay for a small fortune. Seriously, I think she just lost a lot of independent voters...
Well it was mentioned to her that she ought to sell the speech for charity.

Apparently, she was keeping it for posterity.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And this piece knocked it out of the park. She in fact went to his behavior as her guide. She got down to the swamp with him and flung it right into his face so he got to eat some of the dung he distributes.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's shredding of President Trump's State of the Union speech was ripped right from Trump's playbook.

It was unprecedented behavior for a speaker, aggressively rude and unapologetically meant to rile up her base. It was divisive, but effective.

The tear seemed to get just as much morning TV attention as the content of Trump's speech. Conservatives denounced her disrespect. Liberals praised her passion. Both sides were incentivized to heap attention onto the moment. It took the Democrats three years, but they may have finally figured out how to control a news cycle in the Trump era.

tas8831

No matter what your politics, this was stupid. She could have sold the copy on Ebay for a small fortune. Seriously, I think she just lost a lot of independent voters...
Possibly.
Such folk seem to be wishy-washy and more impressed by shallow platitudes anyway.