• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pelosi pulls power play

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
You want me to prove I'm a gentleman?

You want me to prove I wrote Utter BS?

What, what oh what do you want me to prove?
You don't recall what you cursed?
Revoltingest said:

The real estate market collapsed for several reasons. The trigger was 9/11.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The real estate market collapsed for several reasons. The trigger was 9/11.
This is nonsense.
My business, the art and custom framing business, is highly dependent on the economy. Especially the real estate market.
It boomed all through the years immediately following 911.

It was closer to 2006 when the market started collapsing. The boom created by tax cuts, bank deregulation, NAFTA, etc. started going south.
I knew it. Because the big banks were lobbying Congress for "bankruptcy reform". They knew that the Ponzi Scheme they'd been riding for years was about to crash. And they wanted to batten down their hatches by making it easier to suck assets out of the people they'd already made a lot of money off of with cheap credit and crummy mortgages.

Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is nonsense.
My business, the art and custom framing business, is highly dependent on the economy.
Nonsense, eh.
Custom framing....such a window into the world of business.
Framing Aunt Betty's sampler, or Junior's Thomas The Tank Engine poster.

I lament that I am only a commercial landlord, renting to businesses which
suffered after 9/11. If only I had gone into selling picture frames, instead
of real estate development, management & investment, I'd have your deep
insight into economics.
Picture framing.
Really.
My tenants...encrypted database developers, environmental mitigation, construction,
HVAC, manufacturing, debt collection, real estate brokerage....all were affected.
Some lost their business due to downturn or loss of venture capital funding.
If only they'd all gone into picture framing instead....the market for sad faced
clowns to hang on the wall remained strong.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Picture framing.
Really.
Yep.
My business boomed as people's houses soared in value. My rent went up along with the rest of the commercial real estate market.

All the trade mags were running articles about how to build your business during the boom. And they worked. Then, around 2006, the articles were about surviving the real estate bust.
My parent's house nearly doubled in value.
That's just the stuff I personally experienced.
Then there's the company my Dad worked for, building semi-trailers. They were having trouble keeping up with the demand. Luckily, millions of cheap Mexican workers were immigrating to the USA.

Maybe Revoltistan really is another country. It certainly wasn't Indiana.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, it's great that selling framed Elvis pix means that all those businesses I
dealt with never did experience the downturn they experienced. And around
the country, all those homeowners who fell behind in payments years be for lenders
failed...that didn't happen, all known because you framed a lot of movie posters.
I read vacancy reports, & saw that other landlords experienced increasing vacancy
rates even as they lowered rents. While retail wasn't so affected, enuf other
businesses contracted to cause increasing unemployment, leading to loan
default, leading to lender failure, eg, Countrywide. By the time Countrywide
failed in late 2007, it had been suffering these bad loans for years.

Self storage offers another window into the economy. When people lose their
homes, they move into small apartments, & put many belongings in storage.
This too I saw.

Last edited:

james dixon

Premium Member
Trump is “not” an American. Some believe he was born in Germany but who knows?

Either way he is a foreign spy, spying on America, giving away our secrets for self-serving reasons. For the sake of America, trump needs to go NOW!!!!!

Nancy Patricia Pelosi is an American politician serving as speaker of the United States House of Representatives since January 2019. First elected to Congress in 1987, she is the only woman to have served as speaker and is the highest-ranking elected woman in United States history. Pelosi is second in the presidential line of succession, immediately after the vice president.

Email Pelosi and tell her to do what is right for America; NOW!!!!
Email Me

:)-

james dixon

Premium Member
And you think this is a wise move? All Trump has to do is rent an arena and give his SofU address the people that matter.

If trump can get away with it, which we know he has gotten away with everything, he will conduct his Presidential duties from now on in his Trump Tower, charging entry fees to anyone and everyone who attends.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
If trump can get away with it, which we know he has gotten away with everything, he will conduct his Presidential duties from now on in his Trump Tower, charging entry fees to anyone and everyone who attends.

Excellent idea!

averageJOE

zombie
She has told Trump after he tried to bully her into giving the money for the wall,she said no and he can either open the government or hes not allowed to give his Union of Address speech to congress, he will have to deliver it in a letter! This mean hes been shut up GO GO PELOSI! WOOHOO DEMS!
Source Nancy Pelosi just pulled a major power move on Donald Trump's State of the Union - CNNPolitics
Come on Riders, Pelosi is playing you and all Democrat voters. She doesn't hate a Trump presidency as much as she wants you to think she does. She has become RICHER with him in office. She benefited from his tax cut. And from her own mouth: "My stocks go up every time he attacks me." Pelosi on Trump: 'My stock goes up every time he attacks me'

I try explaining to my Republican co-workers and family members that say they don't like her, that she is on their side. She is doing everything she can to block issues like Medicare for All, free college, living wages, fighting climate change, ending wars. She is doing everything she can to keep Bernie Sanders from getting the nomination. Nancy Pelosi would rather lose the White House to Trump again than win it with Sanders. Nancy Pelosi is the enemy.

ecco

Veteran Member
She has become RICHER with him in office. She benefited from his tax cut. And from her own mouth: "My stocks go up every time he attacks me." Pelosi on Trump: 'My stock goes up every time he attacks me'

If English is not your first language then I can understand your comment and I apologize in advance.

However, I'm guessing you are American.

As an American, you should know the difference between "My stocks go up" and "My stock goes up".

Why would you intentionally misquote her?