• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pelosi pulls power play

ecco

Veteran Member
ecco used the term "intentionally incorrect"

And to accuse me of lying by cowering behind artful language...

If you really do want to converse with me, you need to be more civil.

I used "intentionally incorrect" and you accuse me of "cowering behind artful language".

Then you suggest I need to be more civil.

I was being more civil by openly using artful language. I was not cowering behind it.

Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

By the way, if you think I am not living up to your standards of civility, you don't need to respond to my posts. Then it will just be a monologue on my part as compared to a conversation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually, I'm not an angry person at all. I do get upset when people post BS. It upsets me more when people intentionally twist the truth.

I guess I just don't like liars and/or intentional ignorance.
Geeze, Louise.....
I return from a little work break find a plethora
of alerts to angry & rude posts from you.

You do make some claims worth addressing.
But such hostility doesn't inspire responding.
Until you tolerate a little disagreement without becoming
so enraged & abusive, you'll get minimal attention.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
By the way, if you think I am not living up to your standards of civility, you don't need to respond to my posts. Then it will just be a monologue on my part as compared to a conversation.
Don't worry.
I'll just give less attention when you're in this mode.
I won't be ignoring you.

Shad

Veteran Member
Could she refuse Trump entry into Congress?

Nope. POTUS has a legal right to be in Congress. She has zero power to stop POTUS from being inside the Congressional chamber. The only question here is will Trump maintain decorum or force the issue by trying to give the address without formal approval. After all he could get on the dais and start the address. Pelosi would be force to removed POTUS via security and/or try to shutdown media coverage such as C-span. Although Trump taking such action is politically risky as it become a power battle between the two branches of government.

Shad

Veteran Member
This is another example of your need to mispresent the truth to support your Republican bias.

In the House voting Aye : Nay
Republican: 215 : 6
Democratic: 82 : 126

In the Senate voting Aye : Nay
Republican: 48 : 1
Democratic: 29 : 21

Yes, some Democrats voted to support Bush. However, the majority of the support came along party lines.

Afghanistan invasion H.J.Res. 64 (107th): Authorization for Use of Military Force -- House Vote #342 -- Sep 14, 2001
Authorization for Use of Military Force (2001 - S.J.Res. 23)

You only cited the Iraq one.

Voting on party lines means the majority (not a majority) or all vote on party lines not just 50%.... Math is hard...

Party-line vote - Wikipedia

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nope. POTUS has a legal right to be in Congress. She has zero power to stop POTUS from being inside the Congressional chamber. The only question here is will Trump maintain decorum or force the issue by trying to give the address without formal approval. After all he could get on the dais and start the address. Pelosi would be force to removed POTUS via security and/or try to shutdown media coverage such as C-span. Although Trump taking such action is politically risky as it become a power battle between the two branches of government.
I'm looking forward to this spat.
Unlike government closure, this one is all mirth & no cost.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Nope. POTUS has a legal right to be in Congress. She has zero power to stop POTUS from being inside the Congressional chamber.
No he doesn’t, and yes she does.

I don’t like the way she did it. Claiming it is for security reasons is just a flat out lie. She would have done better if she just plan out said, you ain’t commin into my house until you grow up and do your job.

But she does have the legal authority to do what she did. Just as Trump had the authority to cancel her flight.

Shad

Veteran Member
No he doesn’t, and yes she does.

Wrong. POTUS has free access to the to the Capitol building. Pelosi can not stop POTUS from speaking to the nation via alternative means. Cite the law if you have evidence to show otherwise. *Hint You wont find it*

I don’t like the way she did it. Claiming it is for security reasons is just a flat out lie. She would have done better if she just plan out said, you ain’t commin into my house until you grow up and do your job.

That would only impress her clueless base.

But she does have the legal authority to do what she did. Just as Trump had the authority to cancel her flight.

You are conflating POTUS giving any address to Congress with access to the Capitol building. The only thing Pelosi can really do is have security remove POTUS from a dais if Trump tried to give his SOU. Bad optics will prevent it.

Shad

Veteran Member
I'm looking forward to this spat.
Unlike government closure, this one is all mirth & no cost.

Posturing as well. Pelosi has few choices and all have pitfalls. Trump could just show up and force Pelosi to do something such as have security remove him from the dais. Bad optics that.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Could you be a little bit prejudice?
You must be terrible at connect-the-dots :p because I said that I have seen every single one since the late 60's, including all the Republican presidents including Trump.

BTW, my wife was watching "The View" yesterday, and the two Republican women (Meghan McCain and Abby Huntsman) both said that the State of the Union should be postponed until the there's a deal to end the shutdown. So, do you think they're "a little bit prejudice" as well?

esmith

Veteran Member
You must be terrible at connect-the-dots :p because I said that I have seen every single one since the late 60's, including all the Republican presidents including Trump.

BTW, my wife was watching "The View" yesterday, and the two Republican women (Meghan McCain and Abby Huntsman) both said that the State of the Union should be postponed until the there's a deal to end the shutdown. So, do you think they're "a little bit prejudice" as well?
Prejudice? No
Have an opinion? Yes

ecco

Veteran Member
Geeze, Louise.....
I return from a little work break find a plethora
of alerts to angry & rude posts from you.

You do make some claims worth addressing.
But such hostility doesn't inspire responding.
Until you tolerate a little disagreement without becoming
so enraged & abusive, you'll get minimal attention.
Oh, my! How will I survive with just your minimal attention?

ecco

Veteran Member
A reporter asked NP if she felt that Trump had cancelled her trip in retaliation for her shutting him out of the House. She responded: Oh, I don't believe he's that petty.