• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pedophilia & Child Marriage in Islam

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The video is junk and spreading misinformation. Muslims only accept Qur'an and authentic Hadiths. We couldn't care less about anything else, especially when people choose to misquote Arabic texts. If there was any truth people would be inviting Muslims to have televised debates. That would certainly throw a spanner in the works of the World fastest growing Religion, wouldn't it.

Minimum Age For Marriage In The Quran
it's growing fast because of births, not conversions.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
it's growing fast because of births, not conversions.
Tens of Thousands Revert to Islam every year.

I can't comment on other Countries but here in the U.K. there are Thousands each year who revert. Most don't make a big deal about it.

Like Lauren Booth, why ARE modern British career women converting to Islam? | Daily Mail Online

http://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2016/02/conversion-islam

This is a Prophecy of the Qur'an:

It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it. Qur'an 9:33

You left out that this battle was against other Muslims which created the original divide between Sunni and Shia forces.

They never called each other Muslims until a couple of decades after the 1st fitnah (which looks very much like a civil war between Hijazi and Syrian factions). Back then they were still muminun (believers), which is the only designation that appears in any physical evidence. Muslim appears first at end of 7th C and then becomes ubiquitous very quickly.

Proto-Sunnis took another 50 years when Islamic Law started to be codified in Iraq.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
They never called each other Muslims until a couple of decades after the 1st fitnah (which looks very much like a civil war between Hijazi and Syrian factions). Back then they were still muminun (believers), which is the only designation that appears in any physical evidence. Muslim appears first at end of 7th C and then becomes ubiquitous very quickly.

Proto-Sunnis took another 50 years when Islamic Law started to be codified in Iraq.

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allah (Alone), and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah . Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims." Qur'an 3:64

It makes sense for there to initially be believers, (Mu'minin) striving against the disbelieving Pagans of Arabia, but as the Message spread and people accepted it far and wide, the reverts were classed as Muslims as per the Qur'an's instructions.

Revisionist Historians have sought to completely ignore the Muslim narrative and tried to rewrite the History of Islam. Some are more qualified and measured in their approach than others;

It makes sense for there to initially be believers, (Mu'minin) striving against the disbelieving Pagans of Arabia, but as the Message spread and people accepted it far and wide, the reverts were classed as Muslims as per the Qur'an's instructions.

Yes, the Quran refers to people who submit to God.

Were that the commonly used term from early on, how come nobody actually bothered to use that term in any datable inscription before 123AH?

If I'm wrong then post a pic of the inscription and I'll admit my mistake. Islamic Awareness have all of those sorts of things so have a look there.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Indeed, you are correct, however that does not lessen the fact that this was an internal war among fellow believers.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Yes, the Quran refers to people who submit to God.

Were that the commonly used term from early on, how come nobody actually bothered to use that term in any datable inscription before 123AH?

If I'm wrong then post a pic of the inscription and I'll admit my mistake. Islamic Awareness have all of those sorts of things so have a look there.
What does it matter? The Qur'an calls the faithful, Muslims and Believers. Jews and Christians would have classed themselves as 'believers' under the banner of Monotheism. The people were only interested in spreading pure Monotheism, labels didn't matter.

2:93 And (remember) when We took your covenant and We raised above you the Mount (saying), "Hold firmly to what We have given you and hear (Our Word)." They said, "We have heard and disobeyed." And their hearts absorbed (the worship of) the calf because of their disbelief. Say: "Worst indeed is that which your faith enjoins on you if you are believers."

2:97 Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Whoever is an enemy to Jibril (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury), for indeed he has brought it (this Qur'an) down to your heart by Allah's Permission, confirming what came before it [i.e. the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and guidance and glad tidings for the believers.

What does it matter? The Qur'an calls the faithful, Muslims and Believers. Jews and Christians would have classed themselves as 'believers' under the banner of Monotheism. The people were only interested in spreading pure Monotheism, labels didn't matter.

Doesn't matter to me other than I like history and that is what the evidence is.

Have I said anything that is factually incorrect?