• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peace lilies

Spiderman

Veteran Member
download (44).jpeg

I don't have a garden, just peace lillies and a plant called " spider plant."

Peace lillies are an amazing plant. I didn't get to water it for roughly three weeks in the hospital.

Yet new flowers are blooming out of nowhere, and the plant is roughly four months in my room with no sunlight and quite some time without water.

Could you explain how peace lilly flowers do that. What determines all sorts of flowers suddenly blooming where there is no evidence of them existing prior? Why do they grow in one location than the other. What determines it?

If my peace lily dies, how do i make it grow out again? What are the odds that a new plant will grow in the same soil?

Does it help to remove most of the plant so that only roots are left in the soil once it dies? I could google it but don't know what words to type into the search engine to bring about answers to these specific questions.

Im wondering if plants felt pain, would we ever know about it?

Plants do seem to have instincts. Some trees will grow a deep taproot when they are very thirsty. The taproot goes much further into the ground to find moisture. This makes the tree far less likely to fall over in a fierce storm or tornado.

But plants do seem to know when it's time for roots to go deeper the less water they have.

What is it that tells a plant to do what is necessary for survival if the plant truly feels no pain? The plant seems to be quite aware that it is thirsty. So it just might be lots of suffering if you refuse to water them!
images (60).jpeg

Moses spoke to a talking burning bush. It's possible that my plants will turn into Prophets and speak to me.

If I told you God spoke to me in a burning bush or peace lilies on fire, would you tell me to take meds and get psychopathic (psychiatric) help?

Plants get me excited! So do spiders, snake, lizards, turtles. Im so happy just overly excited about my plants and my missing pets.

Whatever happens in life, try to laugh about it. Laughter releases the same Dopamine, norepinephrine, and endorphins that cocaine and heroine release. ( It kills your pain and keeps you healthy).

In all situations, laugh, dance, sing, and don't worry if you are considered loony.
You don't think God is entertained by his bizzare creatures? God must have a sense of humor.

Back to the peace lilies topic. You might consider getting one. They last over twelve times longer than other lilies (in my experience.)

Last edited by a moderator:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
2 weeks ago I replied to your thread "Pope will return September second, totally refreshed"
I was a bit off with the date, but you are totally refreshed with your "peace lilies" thread

Your question "do plants feel pain", we will never know for sure probably. Just a believe.
I had this question some time ago, and that day the thought of the day from my Master was
something like "Plants do not experience pain, like humans do". I was happy with that answer, being vegan.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
2 weeks ago I replied to your thread "Pope will return September second, totally refreshed"
I was a bit off with the date, but you are totally refreshed with your "peace lilies" thread

Your question "do plants feel pain", we will never know for sure probably. Just a believe.
I had this question some time ago, and that day the thought of the day from my Master was
something like "Plants do not experience pain, like humans do". I was happy with that answer, being vegan.
You were close to september 2. Did you know Japan surrendered, and the bloodiest war so far ended September 2, 1945!??

I find it an honor that you chose that day, because i love Japanese Shintoism and culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
You were close to september 2. Did you know Japan surrendered, and the bloodiest war so far ended September 2, 1945!
I find it an honor that you chose that day, because i love Japanese Shintoism and culture.

No, I did not know that. Glad I chose that day, but also glad they did not keep you that long:D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Notice how dark green the leaves are.
This is typical of plants which live in deep shade.
(More chlorophyll to take advantage of low light.)