• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is better for entertainment to you, PC's or gaming consoles?

• PC's.

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Gaming consoles.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • They are both equally good (this includes being rational even if one is better than the other).

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hello, sane people of RF!

So, are you a PC user or a gaming console user?

Which do you think is better? Share as a preference or as a debate. Both are allowed.

My vote is for PC's because of the virtually completely open options it provides, even for games. A game even received FoV controls from fans that moved it from unplayable (to me) to playable with a high replay value. Let alone the countless unofficial mods (Brutal Doom, anyone?).

Dunno if Macs deserve to enroll in this. Entertainment there is like "meh"!

I put this in the main Entertainment forum because PC's are used for more than gaming, and gaming consoles have become more than gaming stations as well. This allows to include the argument of having more than gaming to the equation.

Note:
The poll is about what's better to you in person; your subjective reasoning. It is not about an objective analysis. Be it only for gaming, or anything else, it does not matter.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
A PC can be far more productive....Whereas gaming consoles are great for passing time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've never gamed on a PC. I have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One, and grew up playing a variety of consoles (started out playing some old joystick console and then had Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PlayStation, various GameBoys, PS2, Xbox, PSP). Probably would be easier to get a gaming computer but I'm somewhat stuck in my ways.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I love just turning the console on and having things WORK. Every time.
But I also love games like Crusader Kings II that are never coming to console.
And when I travel for work interstate, my laptop keeps me company.

So I'm a both!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a Console Peasant and proud. But I acknowledge that PC is a good gaming platform. But it strains my eyes more so than a console.

Raahim

مكتوب
MasterRace2-667x342.jpg

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Hello, sane people of RF!

So, are you a PC user or a gaming console user?

Which do you think is better? Share as a preference or as a debate. Both are allowed.

My vote is for PC's because of the virtually completely open options it provides, even for games. A game even received FoV controls from fans that moved it from unplayable (to me) to playable with a high replay value. Let alone the countless unofficial mods (Brutal Doom, anyone?).

Dunno if Macs deserve to enroll in this. Entertainment there is like "meh"!

I put this in the main Entertainment forum because PC's are used for more than gaming, and gaming consoles have become more than gaming stations as well. This allows to include the argument of having more than gaming to the equation.

Note:
The poll is about what's better to you in person; your subjective reasoning. It is not about an objective analysis. Be it only for gaming, or anything else, it does not matter.
I use to prefer consoles over PC because the game had to be finished before it could be bought.
But now the consoles have caught up with the PC in the "release the game before it is finished" race.

Now I prefer the PC over console.
Many more options.
Though it can get uber frustrating with all the mods, versions, dlc, etc.
I spent two days once trying to get my version of DayZ the same, or the same enough, as a buddy of mines version so we can play in the same game.

Demonslayer

I'm a console guy, much like St. Frankie, simply because I'm stuck in my ways and have always had console games. Plus my PC is a broken down 10 year old lap top that I'm not sure could handle the frame rate required for Pong, let alone a modern game.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I have a much easier time justifying an investment in a PC because it is more versatile.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
One more thing I like on PC is the keyboard and mouse combination native support for aiming in any game that uses aiming. I got myself a device to connect them on the used XB360 I bought ti play Gears of War games, but even at best, it did not run near as good as native support. If shooter games played on cross platform online multi player, consoles gamers would generally be pulverized by PC gamers.

Raahim

مكتوب
One more thing I like on PC is the keyboard and mouse combination native support for aiming in any game that uses aiming. I got myself a device to connect them on the used XB360 I bought ti play Gears of War games, but even at best, it did not run near as good as native support. If shooter games played on cross platform online multi player, consoles gamers would generally be pulverized by PC gamers.

Ports from console to PC are terrible in my opinion: Resident Evil 4 as a good example, they didn't even bother to make the game support mouse-aim. :mad:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I stopped being a fan of the keyboard for gaming after I got a Nostromo gamepad

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Though I do enjoy gaming on consoles, I'd much rather prefer computers for gaming, as it's just hands down far superior in pretty much every regard.
For other entertainment, such as watching videos, I'd prefer consoles.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Though I do enjoy gaming on consoles, I'd much rather prefer computers for gaming, as it's just hands down far superior in pretty much every regard.
For other entertainment, such as watching videos, I'd prefer consoles.
If we are going to talk about which is better for watching movies, I have to say PC hands down.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm more PC overall, despite the fact that we have a PS connected to every tv in the house. :p They just get demoted actually. PS4 in the livingroom, PS3 in our bedroom, PS2 on the kids' tv. I game far more on my PC than on the consoles. I mainly use the consoles for movie and tv watching, especially as we've disconnected our Directv. No cable, so we watch Prime. ;)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I stopped being a fan of the keyboard for gaming after I got a Nostromo gamepad

Those are basically a keyboard/mouse combo. But what counts is compatibility of the platform. Such devices so far cannot even be made for consoles due to their lack of native support.

I do agree with you tho that such innovations do rival true keyboards and mice if you talk PC only. I personally use this:
81hTgnd037L._SL1500_.jpg

...that only replaces the keyboard. I still use a mouse with it, but one that has two extra side/shoulder buttons:
41S9X8CSQBL._SY300_.jpg