• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PAX West Thoughts

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I know you're not interested but the VR I'm talking about is $400 (for an oculus s, you have to have a PC however.) Next gen consoles are looking to be about the same, around $400.

Oh?!? Ok I've been out of touch then. Last time I looked at the Oculus is was $1,000ish. If next gen gonna stay about $400 well then that's what I'll do!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh?!? Ok I've been out of touch then. Last time I looked at the Oculus is was $1,000ish. If next gen gonna stay about $400 well then that's what I'll do!
I'll probably upgrade my PC instead. Playstation has been lacking on the exclusive titles, and still so far the only Microsoft game I want to play that is strictly console only is Fable 2. Maybe when a PS5 is super cheap, but for the most part my not-much-younger-than-a-PS3 PC outperforms the PS4. And since Metal Gear Solid has gotten really, very, super corny I don't see that being what has me even thinking of the PS5 as anything more than something that's out there. Especially considering I didn't end up getting that many PS4 games, and have a larger collection of games from 1, 2, and 3. By more than a bit.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Honestly I am moving toward playing a more casual, graphical but short in length, breed of game on my phone instead of on a console. I don't feel like investing even 20 hours in a game any more if it's not that good. And I'm talking a Super Metroid (Super Nintendo), or Golden Sun (Gameboy Advance), or Final Fantasy VII (Playstation 1) level of good. If any game is of that caliber of the three mentioned, I will still sink over 20 hours.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Honestly I am moving toward playing a more casual, graphical but short in length, breed of game on my phone instead of on a console. I don't feel like investing even 20 hours in a game any more if it's not that good. And I'm talking a Super Metroid (Super Nintendo), or Golden Sun (Gameboy Advance), or Final Fantasy VII (Playstation 1) level of good. If any game is of that caliber of the three mentioned, I will still sink over 20 hours.
Most Castlevania games. 1 and 3 are hard enough they'll probably take you around 20 hours or more the first time through to beat them once. 2 is pretty open ended and explore-heavy, with many elements that pre-date Symphony of the Night (PS1), which is probably still my favorite game in the series. 4 (SNES) is super easy. Dracula X (multi-console) is pretty hard but really fun and the first game in the Dracula X series, of which Symphony is the sequel and conclusion. Blood Lines (Genesis) ties in a bit from the Dracula novel, and worth it definitely. The two on N64 or horrible. Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness (PS2/Xbox) are both great games. Of the handhelds, they mostly suck except for Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow (GBA), and the three on DS (Order of Ecclesia is wildly fun and a very decent challenge). Then there is the Lords of Shadows reboot/spin off thingy. The first game, the Lords of Shadow, is an amazingly awesome game. The rest not so much.
The Netflix show is primarily drawn from 3, though with heavy source material drawn from Symphony (as Alucard is a side character in 3 and the protagonist in Symphony), and draws from most other games for story, characters, monsters, even spells that Sypha casts.
And then there is a game, Harmony of Despair, that is an oddball game of short maps to run through to farm items (you may potentially end up killing the same boss thousands of times for one item) or score points. Last I knew, on the PS3 I'm still up on the leaderboards here in there, top 10 in a few maps.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I'll probably upgrade my PC instead. Playstation has been lacking on the exclusive titles, and still so far the only Microsoft game I want to play that is strictly console only is Fable 2. Maybe when a PS5 is super cheap, but for the most part my not-much-younger-than-a-PS3 PC outperforms the PS4. And since Metal Gear Solid has gotten really, very, super corny I don't see that being what has me even thinking of the PS5 as anything more than something that's out there. Especially considering I didn't end up getting that many PS4 games, and have a larger collection of games from 1, 2, and 3. By more than a bit.

Love the Fabled series too. Fabled 2 is my fav of the series!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Love the Fabled series too. Fabled 2 is my fav of the series!
Mine as well. But I've not had 360 in years. I'd love to play the game again, but it's oh well. I'm just stick wondering till the end of my days why in the hell 1 and 3 are on PC but not 2.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Mine as well. But I've not had 360 in years. I'd love to play the game again, but it's oh well. I'm just stick wondering till the end of my days why in the hell 1 and 3 are on PC but not 2.

That is very odd.

I do love playing shenanigans with time magic/melee build. Warping around backstabbing mobs. Super fun!