• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paw Paw's Crawfish Etoufee

Todd

Rajun Cajun
This is a good recipe for Crawfish Etoufee. My family has used this for a long time. Not sure if it is original or not, but I got it from my Paw Paw (Grandfather) in Louisiana.

Ingredients:
1 stick Margarine or Butter
1 Medium Sized Onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 crushed garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3 tablespoons flour
1 to 1 1/2 cups water (depends on how thick you want the etoufee)
1 pound crawfish (it needs to be the pre-peeled crawfish tails in the bag with crawfish fat) Bernards Brand is a good brand for crawfish tails (5104 Fourth Street, Marrero, LA 70072, or in your local grocery store when in season; I think crawfish is in season in the fall or just before fall; kind of hard to find at this time). If you do not like crawfish, you can probably substitute chicken or shrimp.
1 to 2 teaspoon seasoning. This all depends on how spicy you want it. You can use Tony Chasheries (I forgot the spelling of his name) or a recipe for spices I will post later.
Salt and Pepper

Optional: A couple of stalks of green onion (probably totals a 1/4 cup or less).

Directions:

Melt butter and saute all the veggies (medium to high heat). When the veggies are soft, add flour, and pour in water slowly (remember, it's up to you how thick you want the etoufee). Immediately turn heat back to medium to low. Add crawfish tails and all contents of the package, and season to taste. I usually start with one teaspoon of seasoning, and then add until it's the way I like. Also, remember to add a little salt and pepper (not much, but a little). All the seasoning is to taste, not much measuring involved.

I'll try to add the Cajun seasoning recipe I use tomorrow. There is a lot of ingredients to it, but it is a good mixture.