• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul's teachings.

Meshak

Now let me give you one that directly relates to salvation so that you know what it looks like, " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Yes, this is one of condition that lead people to life. But Jesus gave us commands how to serve Him. Main streamers dont like to talk about responsibility comes along with Jesus' salvation.

Jesus' salvation is not cheap, friend.

Jesus says you cannot be His disciple if you dont give up your life for Him. And main streamers are not willing to do that. It is obvious in their disobedient practice.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
there are all kinds of main streamers. Some are extremely liberal and anything goes, like UR, Universal Reconciliation.

You sound just like UR people.
I do believe that reconciliation is universal -- and has already been effected for us. That doesn't mean, however, that "anything goes." There are literally hundreds of universal themes in the bible. I'm glad you recognize it as a major theme of Christ's teachings.

Why don't you pick up the gauntlet and tell me all about how my church is organized, since you appear to know so much about it?

sojourner

Yes, this is one of condition that lead people to life. But Jesus gave us commands how to serve Him. Main streamers dont like to talk about responsibility comes along with Jesus' salvation.

Jesus' salvation is not cheap, friend.

Jesus says you cannot be His disciple if you dont give up your life for Him. And main streamers are not willing to do that. It is obvious in their disobedient practice.
Hmmm. I'm a "mainstreamer," as you put it, and I do like to talk about the responsibility that comes with reconciliation.

Jesus' salvation isn't cheap. It's free.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I think you may be misunderstanding Paul. The Mosaic Law was never the way to salvation.

the jews back then certainly seemed to think so....thats why some jewish christians tried to enforce adherence to the mosiac law on the new gentile christians

but this wrong idea was clarified by the apostles when they witnessed holy spirit being poured out on people of the nations who were not observing the mosaic law.

Me Myself

Back to my username
the jews back then certainly seemed to think so....thats why some jewish christians tried to enforce adherence to the mosiac law on the new gentile christians

but this wrong idea was clarified by the apostles when they witnessed holy spirit being poured out on people of the nations who were not observing the mosaic law.

You are a woman, the bible says you shouldnt be teaching us stuff of faith and spirituality. You do know men read this posts right?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
You are a woman, the bible says you shouldnt be teaching us stuff of faith and spirituality. You do know men read this posts right?

lol

this isnt a congregation setting...its a public space therefore women can teach here. Women taught publically...some even working along side the apostles.

But we can read whatever we like into the scriptures i guess.

Me Myself

Back to my username
lol

this isnt a congregation setting...its a public space therefore women can teach here. Women taught publically...some even working along side the apostles.

But we can read whatever we like into the scriptures i guess.

Yes, like "dont let women talk to men about spiritual issues IN CONGREGATION SETTINGS"

I certainly didnt read that in the tect. It just plain tells women to shut up and be quiet and dont teach men.

Meshak

Hmmm. I'm a "mainstreamer," as you put it, and I do like to talk about the responsibility that comes with reconciliation.

Jesus' salvation isn't cheap. It's free.

So my observation is so accurate about your faith.

Jesus says clearly that Jesus is the only way for salvation and yet UR people say everyone will be saved even murderers without repenting. According to Jesus, UR is not Christians and you people claim you are. what a concept.

good day.

sojourner

So my observation is so accurate about your faith.

Jesus says clearly that Jesus is the only way for salvation and yet UR people say everyone will be saved even murderers without repenting. According to Jesus, UR is not Christians and you people claim you are. what a concept.

good day.
"According to Jesus," no one is a "Christian," because Christians didn't exist while Jesus was on earth.:rolleyes:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
What was it, and what was salvation, to the Israelites?
I'm not well versed on this but my basic understanding is the there is not much focus on the afterlife and no belief in hell to be "saved " from. The Law was a guideline to aid in a person being good and how to be in a right relationship with God. Salvation had more to do with national salvation; things like securing the homeland, freedom from oppression, restoration of worship and such like.

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
This is true and you gave a long list of verses relating to serving Him yet as I said and you failed to address was that the one verse you gave about following His commandment as a course to salvation was flawed. I still see no valid argument that following the commandments is the way to salvation.

Would you care to try again?

Meshak

I totally agree. I don't see anything in Paul's words that contradict Jesus' teachings.

Paul does not emphasize on being obedient to Jesus, where as Jesus does. Paul is not cooperating with Jesus for sure.

And you agree with people who say everyone will be saved no matter what?

What a concept.

sojourner

Paul does not emphasize on being obedient to Jesus, where as Jesus does. Paul is not cooperating with Jesus for sure.
Hmmm...
Philippians 2 leaps to mind: "Let the same mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus...being found in human form, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death..."

Sounds both cooperative and submissive to Jesus to me...

InChrist

Free4ever
After meeting Jesus Christ face to face Paul lived the rest of his life dedicated to and in submission to Christ and encouraged all believers to do so.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Romans 6:1-4

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Of course he does.

And you agree with people who say everyone will be saved no matter what?
Did I say that? If you're going to tell me what I said, I would suggest that you try quoting me instead of paraphrasing me, because your paraphrasing skills really kind of suck.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

Philipians 1:27 Only behave in a manner worthy of the good news about the Christ...

Philipians 2:5
Keep this mental attitude in YOU that was also in Christ Jesus, ...

Galatians 6:2 Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and thus fulfill the law of the Christ

Galatians 3:26 YOU are all, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of YOU who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus. 29 Moreover, if YOU belong to Christ, YOU are really Abraham’s seed

I still haven't seen you post any verses from Paul which show he is against Christ... please do so because it would be wrong to accuse an innocent man.