• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

*Paul* vs Bible truth

Sola*5

A very fragmented start to this debate but it looks as though it could pick up now with *Paul* challenging total depravity.

I read somewhere that Bible Truths ban is only temporary.

I am looking forward to this if it gets going, bible truth seems to know the doctrines of grace and reformed truth very well and *Paul* seems grounded in his evangelical tradition and scripture. I was unaware of the quote *Paul* has dug out from Calvin, Bible truths answer will be most telling but I expect him to agree with Calvin but redifne it in a more acceptable way.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Bible truths answer will be most telling but I expect him to agree with Calvin but redifne it in a more acceptable way.
It would have depended upon how long it took BT to find a website he could copy/paste that addressed/explained away that quote.

Which brings up a question I have about the debates forum...
In a debate what exactly are the rules?
Or is it something to be agreed upon by the ones debating?

I am of the mind that *Paul* was not actually debating BT in their 'one on one debate' but was in fact debating with the authors of all the stuff BT was copy/pasting into that thread.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
It would have depended upon how long it took BT to find a website he could copy/paste that addressed/explained away that quote.

Which brings up a question I have about the debates forum...
In a debate what exactly are the rules?
Or is it something to be agreed upon by the ones debating?

I am of the mind that *Paul* was not actually debating BT in their 'one on one debate' but was in fact debating with the authors of all the stuff BT was copy/pasting into that thread.
The ironic thing is that if I were to have debated Calvin I think I may have been putting my life at risk. Thankfully Bible Truth is a nice guy.

Perhaps it would help if there were some set rules or at least some agreed upon guide lines decided by the council of the mods.

I have yet to have a one - one debate as i'm not much of a debater but I think soemthing like that would make it all a bit easier.