• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul and the People of God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Paul claims that one is a jew not by birth but by some inward state.

Deuteronomy 30:6
The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Is this what is meant by the speaker in revelation? That God determines who is a jew and who isn't?

Revelation 2:9
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Looking at Matt 15:21-28 there appears to be a contradiction between Paul and Matthew about who is a Jew.

Who would have suspected that the preacher to the Gentiles would maintain a position that can include Gentiles under the name "Jew", while the preacher to the Jews who hold that only Jews have this name? It's almost like the truth is whatever will get you more adherents.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Looking at Matt 15:21-28 there appears to be a contradiction between Paul and Matthew about who is a Jew.

Who would have suspected that the preacher to the Gentiles would maintain a position that can include Gentiles under the name "Jew", while the preacher to the Jews who hold that only Jews have this name? It's almost like the truth is whatever will get you more adherents.

and yet he gave her what she asked for. she had what he had been sent for

you would do well to understand, or have that state of mind, that concerns deuteronomy 30 and coming into you own, camelot. the kingdom of love is within our grasp, or in your case a land flowing with milk and honey. moses saw it but was not allowed to enter into it. joshua, jesus did.

fallow?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That's true, but getting to that point, the author revealed his position on Jews as being the nation, not some spiritual quality.
all jews =/= all israelites

he gave her what she deserved as one he was sent to serve, to love. she humbled herself.

Before destruction comes pride, and before stumbling [comes] a haughty spirit.

i'd love to be a fly on that wall

A man will beg
A man will crawl
On the sheer face of love
Like a fly on a wall
It's no secret at all

Deuteronomy 8:2
And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If they are humble, you will say, "Raise up!" and He will save a humble person.

my love, my drug.

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

i found the Way. i built a bridge and got over myself. i found my love. i found god within the promise.

If you're gonna let me down, let me down gently
Don't pretend that you don't want me
Our love ain't water under the bridge
If you're gonna let me down, let me down gently
Don't pretend that you don't want me
Our love ain't water under the bridge

It would seem the illusion wanted was collapsing around her. More and more was unraveling, just when she thought she had found the pattern for weaving life. She was exhausted and fell asleep on the floor. She awoke to something. Long enough to see, whose house it was, placing a coverlet over her. She went back to sleep. She felt safe. Felt warm and cool all at once.

The connection made. Love established. Life changed. She could see it slowly growing. She bridged the gap. There was awareness that the game would end. Someone would lose but for now they were winning, she'd play the game. She took off the mask and wove the tapestry.

All the world is a stage

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Did you bring this to prove me right? Because that's what you seem to have done.

first line says it all

In the Old Testament the term "Jew" appears to be applied to adherents of the worship of Yhwh as conducted at Jerusalem after the Exile: it is thus used in the late Book of Esther.

you obviously, like the jews of old, don't consider the canaanite woman an israelite. obviously jesus did.

it wasn't what jacob wore that got him the name, nor even to whom he was born. he wrestled with something within himself. that is what got him the name.

If that were true, then the ensuing conversation makes absolutely no sense.
to you i'm sure it does. again it was the woman's response and not what she wore, or to whom she might have, or haven't, belonged.

I have descended to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up from that land, to a good and spacious land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivvites, and the Jebusites.

And these are the cities which the children of Israel inherited in the land of Canaan, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the tribes of the children of Israel, distributed for inheritance to them.

The stories told in the Hebrew Bible say that after the Israelites escaped from Egypt they fought a series of wars against the Canaanites (and other groups), which led to the Israelites taking over most of the Canaanites' land. The stories say that those Canaanites who survived had to do forced labor. The stories also say that this conquered land was incorporated into a powerful Israelite kingdom that eventually split in two.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that maybe "Jew" means someone who is God's own. A Jew is someone who gets invited to God's house. That is what I think.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ive got a satchel of gems. No one is making me question my religious beliefs.
Interesting. I liked that last post and it brought me on a mini adventure. The last post? The one that was but then wasn't. I think the right word for that is, "cool!".

What am I talking about? What about I tell you is you tell me? LOL

He posted something that I replied to and then I got a notice, a wonderful notice! that said I could not do that. And, that is all. Carry on......

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My troll thinks that I might know where you live. The reason why is it suspects that sometime in the future I'll think that I might need someone. But, wait a minute! Can I do that here?

Chris Lovel

searcher

Deuteronomy 30:6
The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Is this what is meant by the speaker in revelation? That God determines who is a jew and who isn't?

Revelation 2:9
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Wow, all these Bible quotes, my question is, how do you know all this information is correct? what is the source of this information? For some reason people accept the words of an ancient book without question. They have forfeited their powers of critical thinking. In other words they have been indoctrinated, you are totally disempowered. Why do you need religion to believe in a God? Let's face it the Bible has over 400 conflicting passages in it, which passage do you choose to believe and why?

Chris Lovel

searcher

No surprise there, the Bible has over 400 conflicting passages, the contradiction between Paul and Matthew are just one. It must be difficult to know which passage to believe.