• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patrickism: What The Hell Is That About?

cardero

Citizen Mod
How does one go about choosing to listen to God? :)

uumckk16
My apologies for not seeing your post sooner. I will try to answer it to the best of my experience.

If you ask me, I would confess it was a matter of curiosity. If you ask GOD, GOD will admit that I was ready. I had many questions that I wanted answered about (my) life but when I researched different religions, I was receiving too many opposing answers. That is when I decided to try to confront GOD personally. Listening to GOD is a Natural skill that still must be exercised. Though the impressions that I receive from GOD are not audible (GOD appeals to our soul) there is some evidence that if one is a good listener of others, direct “communication” with GOD should be easy. I listen very carefully to others and remember conversations that friends and acquaintences have long forgotten. It is a consideration that I think should also be extended to GOD.

There is an introduction that is floating around RF somewhere on how to get started to talking with GOD that I would like to reproduce it here but I realize that though this method may have worked for me, people are unique individuals and the way that they choose to listen and receive messages from GOD will vary.

How To Talk with GOD

• The conversations will start out with GOD and you. Once you get comfortable with this relationship, you will find yourself addressing topics that apply to almost everyone.
  • Every time you talk with GOD is always better than the last. (It also gets easier.)
  • One thing you will learn after a few conversations is that GOD never shuts up. If this gets to be too overwhelming for you, keep a notebook or tape recorder around and make notes so you do not forget topics or the essence of any conversation.
  • GOD manifests him/herself differently in different ways to different people. You will find that when talking with GOD, GOD will speak in a style that is familiar and friendly. You may think that GOD is talking to you in GOD's manner but GOD's truths are his/her own and will manifest through your personality.
  • Pay attention to all forms of stimuli: dreams, meditations, and conversations with other people, music, movies, and books – any form of input that can be detected through ALL of your senses. This is GOD's way of paging you – of bringing something to the attention of your consciousness. There are no coincidences. If a message is meant to be received, it will get to you.
  • The best time to talk with GOD is when you are alone.
  • If you are writing down your conversations, DO NOT stop to think about what you are writing. Always read the dialogue after you are finished. It will feel as if you are reading it for the first time. DO NOT edit or censor your questions and answers. Keep an open mind. Whatever comes to you later can always be added another time.
  • If you must play any background music during your transcripts (and if you have the means), may I suggest you play Mozart. GOD likes Mozart. Go figure.
  • DO NOT be upset or disappointed with any of the answers you receive. As a human being, some answers may surprise or shock you. This is GOD helping you to UNDERSTAND. It would also be helpful to shed your worldly views and past patterns, and bring a new UNDERSTANDING to these conversations.
  • DON'T expect that the same UNDERSTANDING given to you will also be given to another person. DO NOT go into this thinking you can change the viewpoints of everyone in the world. First and foremost, you are only helping to bring enlightenment to yourself. If you glean anything from anyone else's conversation, consider it a blessing to you. DO NOT exploit or force your viewpoints on another fellow being who is not ready for this kind of UNDERSTANDING. Remember, everyone is on the correct path he or she should be on.
  • Keep in mind that GOD is not "The Answer Man/Woman." If GOD's answers are vague and unclear, it is because you may not be ready to receive the answers. You may need a little more UNDERSTANDING in some areas of your life. It is not because GOD doesn't know the answer or wants to confuse you; it is because GOD would rather see you come to the joy of realizing the answer for yourself. GOD will always lead you to the door, but it is up to you to go through it.
  • To derive the maximum benefits from your talks with GOD, always remember where you came from and where you are now. Try to leave your ego out of the conversation. Don't be afraid to look back once in a while for a better UNDERSTANDING. In time, you will never have to look back again.
  • Remember, anyone can talk with GOD; GOD has always been talking with you.
  • Do not make excuses for not talking with GOD; GOD doesn't buy any of them. Remember, any conversation is a two-way street. You do have the time (more than you think!) that GOD has provided for us. But, if you do not have the time to actually document or write down the moments of the conversation, GOD will UNDERSTAND.
  • If you are having trouble getting started, start by talking with GOD about the weather or TV shows. Even ask GOD how to make a good cup of tea. Focus on your question. Make sure this is exactly what you want to ask GOD. Type or write out your results as if you were having a regular conversation with anyone else. This is where it begins for anybody. Do not humble yourself or feel intimidated. You will find out that GOD is easy to talk with and is just as friendly (probably more so) than anyone you know.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Sure we have all those posts, but those could easily be interpolations made by over zealous follows of Patrickism, or perhaps part of a larger conspiracy perpetrated by the hierachy within the Patrickism movement.

Which takes nothing away from the message you understand.

(Good thread man
icon14.gif
)

As tempting as it would be to have a religious movement based on Patrick and his teachings, the fact is it would be extremely untimely and impractical in this day and age. One of the “Articles Of Belief” that Patrickism holds dear is that everyone is entitled to the right of discerning what kind of REALationship with GOD that they want to have (or don’t want to have). I don’t want others to rely on me (or others) to answer their questions about life, I want them to have the ability to rely upon themselves and to come into their own, I don’t want others to share the same REALationship with GOD that I have or the same set of beliefs that I have, I want them to develop their own personal REALatonship and conclude their own beliefs.

uumckk16

uumckk16
My apologies for not seeing your post sooner. I will try to answer it to the best of my experience.

If you ask me, I would confess it was a matter of curiosity. If you ask GOD, GOD will admit that I was ready. I had many questions that I wanted answered about (my) life but when I researched different religions, I was receiving too many opposing answers. That is when I decided to try to confront GOD personally. Listening to GOD is a Natural skill that still must be exercised. Though the impressions that I receive from GOD are not audible (GOD appeals to our soul) there is some evidence that if one is a good listener of others, direct “communication” with GOD should be easy. I listen very carefully to others and remember conversations that friends and acquaintences have long forgotten. It is a consideration that I think should also be extended to GOD.

There is an introduction that is floating around RF somewhere on how to get started to talking with GOD that I would like to reproduce it here but I realize that though this method may have worked for me, people are unique individuals and the way that they choose to listen and receive messages from GOD will vary.

How To Talk with GOD
  • The conversations will start out with GOD and you. Once you get comfortable with this relationship, you will find yourself addressing topics that apply to almost everyone.
  • Every time you talk with GOD is always better than the last. (It also gets easier.)
  • One thing you will learn after a few conversations is that GOD never shuts up. If this gets to be too overwhelming for you, keep a notebook or tape recorder around and make notes so you do not forget topics or the essence of any conversation.
  • GOD manifests him/herself differently in different ways to different people. You will find that when talking with GOD, GOD will speak in a style that is familiar and friendly. You may think that GOD is talking to you in GOD's manner but GOD's truths are his/her own and will manifest through your personality.
  • Pay attention to all forms of stimuli: dreams, meditations, and conversations with other people, music, movies, and books – any form of input that can be detected through ALL of your senses. This is GOD's way of paging you – of bringing something to the attention of your consciousness. There are no coincidences. If a message is meant to be received, it will get to you.
  • If you are writing down your conversations, DO NOT stop to think about what you are writing. Always read the dialogue after you are finished. It will feel as if you are reading it for the first time. DO NOT edit or censor your questions and answers. Keep an open mind. Whatever comes to you later can always be added another time.
  • If you must play any background music during your transcripts (and if you have the means), may I suggest you play Mozart. GOD likes Mozart. Go figure.
  • DO NOT be upset or disappointed with any of the answers you receive. As a human being, some answers may surprise or shock you. This is GOD helping you to UNDERSTAND. It would also be helpful to shed your worldly views and past patterns, and bring a new UNDERSTANDING to these conversations.
  • DON'T expect that the same UNDERSTANDING given to you will also be given to another person. DO NOT go into this thinking you can change the viewpoints of everyone in the world. First and foremost, you are only helping to bring enlightenment to yourself. If you glean anything from anyone else's conversation, consider it a blessing to you. DO NOT exploit or force your viewpoints on another fellow being who is not ready for this kind of UNDERSTANDING. Remember, everyone is on the correct path he or she should be on.
  • Keep in mind that GOD is not "The Answer Man/Woman." If GOD's answers are vague and unclear, it is because you may not be ready to receive the answers. You may need a little more UNDERSTANDING in some areas of your life. It is not because GOD doesn't know the answer or wants to confuse you; it is because GOD would rather see you come to the joy of realizing the answer for yourself. GOD will always lead you to the door, but it is up to you to go through it.
  • To derive the maximum benefits from your talks with GOD, always remember where you came from and where you are now. Try to leave your ego out of the conversation. Don't be afraid to look back once in a while for a better UNDERSTANDING. In time, you will never have to look back again.
  • Do not make excuses for not talking with GOD; GOD doesn't buy any of them. Remember, any conversation is a two-way street. You do have the time (more than you think!) that GOD has provided for us. But, if you do not have the time to actually document or write down the moments of the conversation, GOD will UNDERSTAND.
  • If you are having trouble getting started, start by talking with GOD about the weather or TV shows. Even ask GOD how to make a good cup of tea. Focus on your question. Make sure this is exactly what you want to ask GOD. Type or write out your results as if you were having a regular conversation with anyone else. This is where it begins for anybody. Do not humble yourself or feel intimidated. You will find out that GOD is easy to talk with and is just as friendly (probably more so) than anyone you know.

Thanks! Interesting stuff. So you basically just start asking God questions, and God will respond if you're ready?

cardero

Citizen Mod
Thanks! Interesting stuff. So you basically just start asking God questions, and God will respond if you're ready?

I should note that "ready" implies a willingness to listen but mostly it is an eagerness to understand. Most of the inquiries that I brought up with GOD were interests that I really needed understanding about. I’ll be honest, my understanding is very limited but my pursuit for knowledge is ambitious. Now if you can imagine professional inquiries and understandings being given to let's say doctors, scientists, engineers and physicists then this would be really interesting.

earl

uumckk16

How To Talk with GOD
I've always thought that one's best spiritual guide are the intuitive nudgings of the soul, too. While one can of course be off base by confusing one's desires with the Spirit, generally I believe the intuition steers us right. Now the source of that-is it "higher self," Higher beings, God, are they the same ultimate essence? are interesting and perhaps irrelevant questions:D earl

uumckk16

I should note that "ready" implies a willingness to listen but mostly it is an eagerness to understand. Most of the inquiries that I brought up with GOD were interests that I really needed understanding about. I’ll be honest, my understanding is very limited but my pursuit for knowledge is ambitious. Now if you can imagine professional inquiries and understandings being given to let's say doctors, scientists, engineers and physicists then this would be really interesting.

Okay, that makes sense. So what's it like when you talk with GOD? Do you hear a voice? Or is it just written through you, as in, you write down a question then the answer flows out as well?

cardero

Citizen Mod
Earl writes: I've always thought that one's best spiritual guide are the intuitive nudgings of the soul, too.
From what Patrickism is to understand there are many BEings who are “assigned” to help us along in this life. They are not manipulative, they are not controlling, these BEings are friends, not servants, they are working together with us to make sure we are reminded of our plans and purposes. I was introduced to some of them through my experiences with GOD. What is also appreciative is the way you worded your response. If I may, I would like to quote one of these BEings from my discourses.

We try to be as neutral and as UNDERSTANDING of the circumstances of the moments; the opportunities you are currently living. This is not an easy task. If we are to help you and others fulfill their true purpose, we have to UNDERSTAND what obstacles and opportunities this moment challenges you with. Then we can guide (or nudge) you in the direction you have planned for yourself. I apologize for the use of the words "guide and nudge." Actually, it is much subtler than that.

HELLO IT’S ME: An Interview With GOD
Chapter: Spiritual Guides
Pg: 242

Earl writes: While one can of course be off base by confusing one's desires with the Spirit, generally I believe the intuition steers us right.
I usually confuse my desires with my own will. This is a common circumstance when experiencing a physical incarnation. Sometimes in this existence, I feel as if I am a kid in a candy shop and that these “guides” are the ones that remind me that I must move on,that I still have to get to the store to pick up milk and eggs.

Earl writes: Now the source of that-is it "higher self," Higher beings, God, are they the same ultimate essence? are interesting and perhaps irrelevant questions earl
This is a good question and a belief that I have not written off. Frequently I consider the source as higher-self. Not because I do not want to entertain the reality or existence of GOD or spiritual inference but because this possibility (of getting in touch with higher self) remains open (read: unproven) with me.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Uumckk16 writes: Okay, that makes sense. So what's it like when you talk with GOD? Do you hear a voice?
Personally with me, it is not an audible or visual experience but a visceral one. I will offer a passage to help describe this communication.

Everything vibrates on a different frequency. In essence, everyONE is his or her own frequency…a song written within. This song, when it resonates, is a way for souls to recognize each other.

HELLO IT’S ME: An Inteview With GOD
Chapter: The Truth About Music
Pg: 258

In this instance I believe GOD and I just connected frequencies and traded “songs”.

Uumckk16 writes: Or is it just written through you, as in, you write down a question then the answer flows out as well?
Many people would probably consider this to be automatic writing and of course this usually brings up negative connotations amongst the religious minded. GOD never demanded that I take a letter but automatic writing comes close to what it is. Not in the sense that I was in a trance or not in control of my abilities but in the sense that “Oh, you’re GOD? Hold on, let me just get a pencil and paper for this.”

There are two reasons that I documented my conversations with GOD.
1. As I grow older, I forget easily.
2. I wanted to refer to these conversations for further study and to possibly share these findings with others who can help me conclude them.

uumckk16

Personally with me, it is not an audible or visual experience but a visceral one. I will offer a passage to help describe this communication.

Everything vibrates on a different frequency. In essence, everyONE is his or her own frequency…a song written within. This song, when it resonates, is a way for souls to recognize each other.

HELLO IT’S ME: An Inteview With GOD
Chapter: The Truth About Music
Pg: 258

In this instance I believe GOD and I just connected frequencies and traded “songs”.

Many people would probably consider this to be automatic writing and of course this usually brings up negative connotations amongst the religious minded. GOD never demanded that I take a letter but automatic writing comes close to what it is. Not in the sense that I was in a trance or not in control of my abilities but in the sense that “Oh, you’re GOD? Hold on, let me just get a pencil and paper for this.”

There are two reasons that I documented my conversations with GOD.
1. As I grow older, I forget easily.
2. I wanted to refer to these conversations for further study and to possibly share these findings with others who can help me conclude them.

Sorry, I missed your response here a while ago! That's very interesting, thanks for sharing :)

Darkwater

Freedom to the slave,
fruballs to the brave
& may your giving hand
never wither.............

I'm usually not into *isms*,Patrickism would appear to be the exception unto this *rule*.

If you meet Patrick on the road,is it ok to kilpatrick?

In great love,

Andy

Ba'al

Since Patrickism accepts nothing until it has been proven to be a Truth or Untruth and no one has ever been able to prove the existence of God, how can you be a Patrick when you believe in God?

cardero

Citizen Mod
Since Patrickism accepts nothing until it has been proven to be a Truth or Untruth and no one has ever been able to prove the existence of God, how can you be a Patrick when you believe in God?
There is a part of my understanding that entails that my spiritual origin and existence before I incarnated into any physical existences may not have been directly contributed by GOD. In other words, my (spiritual and/or physical) existence doesn't seem to hinge on the belief (or the non-belief) or the truth (or untruth) that there is a GOD. I believe GOD to exist and I give Him recognition for BEing the first entity to exist but this seems to be where GOD’s eminence ends. In the face of what some religions may teach, this may come off as a bold (or blasphemous) statement. What this results in is that there is no GODly authority, no worship, no thanks, no devotion, no service indebted to GOD because we all originated the same way GOD did (with the exception that GOD was the first). I can prove to you that I am now Patrick but this proof only applies to the physical realm. Others who are interested could also trace my birth parents but they would be hard pressed to prove my early spiritual origins (when I didn't represent Patrick).

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
I see. So you've come to believe in God like in other religions, a leap of faith.
The problem with leaps of faith is that no matter high one jumps, they're going to fall. Patrickism requires no faith in the believing process. Whether GOD exists or not, I have nothing to lose or gain concluding this belief to a truth or untruth.

Ba'al

How do you know they will fall? Only a person who has died would know that answer, and possibly not even them.

cardero

Citizen Mod
How do you know they will fall?
When a believer takes a leap of faith there is usually a gamble involved. The person who takes a leap of faith doesn’t think they will stay afloat in the air forever they understand that they will eventually have to descend. There is a hope and expectancy to where (and possibly how) they would prefer to land. When the position of their landing is not what they expected, discouragement and disappointment could set in.

Ba’al writes: Only a person who has died would know that answer, and possibly not even them.
Whether GOD is proven to exist or not, I believe humans have the capacity and the intelligence to discover this. There is no reason to invest faith in either outcome. Since no one has ever proved the existence or the non-existence of GOD, I can assume a belief in GOD (as well as a non-belief in GOD) as valid and “in play”.

Last edited:

Ba'al

Since no one has ever been able to prove God exists, a leap of faith is something required for everyone that believes in God. Whether it is a high jump or tiny step for you it's a "leap of faith" in figurative speech. So, I'm not sure how relevant your answer is when you say...
The person who takes a leap of faith doesn’t think they will stay afloat in the air forever they understand that they will eventually have to descend.

That's just a weird and generalized statement. We're clearly talking about different things.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Since no one has ever been able to prove God exists, a leap of faith is something required for everyone that believes in God.
Not exactly.

The belief stands (not leaps): Does GOD exist or not?

Patrickism doesn't encourage leaps of faith or faith of any kind. For me to personally “leap” or apply faith into this belief is not going to conclude whether there is a GOD or not. No one’s hope, expectancy or desire for a belief to be true is going to conclude or convince anyone else that there is or isn’t a GOD. Beliefs are not concluded by leaps of faith, beliefs are encouraged and concluded by acquiring accurate knowledge, having an understanding of this information, comparing this data what is already available and preparing your thinking of the eventuality that your beliefs will change, mature, evolve or be replaced.

Last edited: