• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patrickism: What The Hell Is That About?

cardero

Citizen Mod
FAQ

What is Patrickism?
Webster’s Dictionary defines Patrickism as the way that GOD perceives Patrick. It is the accumulated experiences and wisdom that defines Patrick’s existence.

How do I become a member of Patrickism? Do I have to change my name to Patrick?
Patrickism, like solitaire, is a game best played alone but this does not mean you cannot take your own name and add an “ism” or a “ite” suffix to it to become your own individual religion.

It all sounds pretty self-centered to me.
And it should. Patrickism is a full-time belief system. It maintains the ability to constantly keep up on current knowledge, to try to be aware of all that is surrounding him and to reinforce the importance of living in the K(NOW). Patrickism is by no means a selfish religion but one that insures that I have my own responsibilities, goals and priorities, beliefs up to date while still being able to recognize how much of myself and my beliefs I can afford to give or share to others.

What does Patrickism believe in?
What do you got? Patrickism believes in the belief of believing freely, believe you me.
Patrickism does not encourage the abuse of incorporating faith or doubt into a belief but to work a belief or reason a belief to a truthful or untruthful conclusion.
Patrickism teaches to believe everything-but accept nothing until it has been proven to be a Truth or Untruth.

What if I can’t reason my belief to a Truth or an Untruth?
Then put it back into your pocket until more evidence comes along. What you do not want to do is prematurely announce your belief that it is a Truth, you will only embarrass it.

What made you join/start Patrickism?
My name being Patrick helps but I think the fact that I could not find an organized religion that encapsulates my BEing is what drove me to it. There comes a time when one realizes that they cannot faithfully live up to another entity’s standards and there comes a time when one must accept who they are and just try to be the best “them” that they can BE.

I once heard a rumor that you talk to GOD, is it true ?
No, what I do is I talk with GOD. There is a difference. Talking to GOD is a one way street. Talking with GOD implies listening and being an active participant and allowing for a response.

I don’t believe you, are you sure aren’t schizophrenic? Don’t you have to be chosen by GOD?
You have the right not to believe me. I cannot and will not use my relationship with GOD to persuade or impress you. As for being chosen by GOD, for the record, I chose GOD and found out He was always talking to me, I just decided to finally listen.

Can I ask another question?
Why don’t we give other people a chance to ask some questions?

What if they do not ask you anything?
Then they run the risk of not getting to K(NOW) me and possibly misunderstanding me.

Can I ask more questions if no one responds?
We’ll see.

Are you sure you’re not schizophrenic?
Positive.

turk179

I smell something....
Man, I can't believe no one is asking any questions! My question for you is do you find it annoying that you have to add "upstate" to N.Y. whenever you tell someone where you live? I too lived in "upstate" N.Y. When I moved away people would ask where I was from. Replying with N.Y. elicited the "Wow, this must be a big change for you. It is so much quieter here" comment. Granted, I know there are larger cities within the state of N.Y. but I came from a town with a population of about 3000 people. The next biggest city was 30 minutes away. So my response was "yes, this is a big change for me. You actually have traffic lights here:eek:." ........but I digress.

Can I still become my own personal religion even though Timism sounds like I have no tongue?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Patrickism teaches to believe everything-but accept nothing until it has been proven to be a Truth or Untruth.

That almost sounds like an antonym; what is the difference in believing and accepting?

cardero

Citizen Mod
turk179 said:
Man, I can't believe no one is asking any questions! My question for you is do you find it annoying that you have to add "upstate" to N.Y. whenever you tell someone where you live? I too lived in "upstate" N.Y. When I moved away people would ask where I was from. Replying with N.Y. elicited the "Wow, this must be a big change for you. It is so much quieter here" comment. Granted, I know there are larger cities within the state of N.Y. but I came from a town with a population of about 3000 people. The next biggest city was 30 minutes away. So my response was "yes, this is a big change for me. You actually have traffic lights here:eek:." ........but I digress.
Too true. You should see the look on their faces when I tell them we have farms.
Can I still become my own personal religion even though Timism sounds like I have no tongue?
Now that I think about it, your right and Timinism sounds too much like you have no tongue and your tonsils produce a lisp. I have discovered (through the magic of Monty Python And The Holy Grail) that just "Tim!" invokes a powerful awe within people and will instantly tell people that not only are you a great person but that your belief system shall not be undone.

cardero

Citizen Mod
michel said:
That almost sounds like an antonym; what is the difference in believing and accepting?
The difference can be measured in the amount of "room" one has to work within the concept between belief and Truth. There is not much you can do with Truth except accept it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I LOVE your overview, Cardero! It answered a lot of questions for me. (I can even see some similarities between Patrickism and Mormonism.)

cardero

Citizen Mod
Katzpur said:
I LOVE your overview, Cardero! It answered a lot of questions for me. (I can even see some similarities between Patrickism and Mormonism.)
When Beckysoup61 finishes my book (and only then :yes: ) she and I are going to share the similarities between Mormonism and Patrickism with everyone (live!) on RF. I think you will be impressed.

cardero

Citizen Mod
gracie said:
where does a Patrickist pray?
If a home is where one hangs their hat than I would say that a prayer is where one hangs their thoughts.

I used to believe it had to be formal procedure and I used to practice many positions but I find that even a wandering mind is a praying mind and this is the most appropriate position.

ayani

cardero said:
I used to believe it had to be formal procedure and I used to practice many positions but I find that even a wandering mind is a praying mind and this is the most appropriate position.

that is very beautiful, cadero. thank you.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Boy, they’re really crowding around, huh?
It’s only been three days, besides, I saw an empty space and I filled it.

Yes I suppose that establishing your own religion has it’s “other” advantages. So I guess this means I can ask more questions.
Anyone can ask any question.

Do you consider yourself a Prophet?
I’m not sure. Let’s take a look at what the dictionary says about what a prophet is and we'll find out.

1 : one who utters divinely inspired revelations:
Though the being I speak with claims to be GOD, I do not see the entity as divine or holy but that may just be my own personal (mis)understanding. The messages, although interesting, have not yet been proven to be Truth.

a as the writer of one of the prophetic books of the Bible
I have written a book about my relationship with GOD but it wasn’t included in “the Bible”. I was born just a little too late to meet the compilation date.

b capitalized : one regarded by a group of followers as the final authoritative revealer of God's will <Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah>
Since Patrickism does not allow for followers and the GOD that I converse with has not suggested any authoritative will, I would say that this one does not apply to me.

2 : one gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight; especially : an inspired poet
This definition may apply to me but it would definitely be a matter of opinion. Patrickism also believes that everyone has the ability to gain spiritual development and moral insight and write inspired poetry if they desired, so in a sense, everyone could fulfill this definition.

3 : one who foretells future events
I have not received any future predictions, events or insights from this Being.

4 : an effective or leading spokesman for a cause, doctrine, or group
I have never been elected to this position.

5 Christian Science a : a spiritual seer
I admire this definition but I believe it is a talent that must be developed and not a gift to be given.

So as an answer to your question, I am not a prophet.

What does Patrickism believe about the “end of this system of things”? Does Patrickism have a version of Armageddon or the Rapture or Judgment Day? What does your GOD propose to do for such an event?

First, it is not my GOD.

I sorry, I didn’t mean any offen-

That’s quite alright. From the message that I received from GOD, humankind is perfectly able to create their own Armagedon, Rapture, Judgment Day, they do not need GOD to do this for them. In the same sense humankind can also create their own planet of peace and paradise if they wish. Everything they need has already been given to them. It is our decision, our desire to do so.

Hmm..interesting. According to Patrickism, what are my rewards for being a good person? When I die, do I get to go to heaven?

The GOD that I converse with does not judge good or bad. You are responsible and accountable for your own decisions and your own existence. When everyone dies there is an afterlife but everyone goes to this existence. It is in this existence that one has the choice to stay or prepare for another physical existence. Existence is its own reward.

I’m confused.

That’s okay.

Let me see if I understand this correctly, your GO-I mean this GOD offers no hope for salvation, no justifiable Apocalypse for the wicked or the righteous, no authoritative will or purpose for humankind, no rewards and no future predictions, is this correct.

That is correct.

And do you expect Patrickism to be a popular religion?

Patrickism is a solo endeavor.

So then explain this to me, in what capacity should I follow, worship or revere this Being? I guess what I am trying to ask you is; what exactly is the attraction for me to develop a relationship with such a Being. What’s in it for me?

How about friendship?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I think Patickism sounds like a perfectly sane, logical and spiritually satisfying religion. The only missing doctrine is the practice of sacrificing cupcakes to the belly god every Thursday and Monday.

Other than that......I grant you tax exempt status immediately!

cardero

Citizen Mod
How old is Patrickism as a religion?
It depends on who you ask. If you ask me, I will tell you that I was only aware of Patrickism from 1999. My father will tell you that it is a 40 year old religion, that from the time that I was born I started behaving like Patrick. If you ask GOD, he will admit that Patrickism is but another step in the evolution from a very ancient practice of a very old soul

What has Patrickism taught you about yourself?
Patrickism had taught me about the importance of individualism. It has taught me the importance of purpose, believing, of seeing things through. It has taught me that no one is ever alone nor can anyone get lost in their lives. It has taught me to forgive, the importance of remembering to love unconditionally.

What has Patrickism taught you in comparison to other religions?
That no other religion is qualified to teach someone else their purpose for being here. That no other religion is allowed to discern one’s REALationship with GOD.
That GOD sees and accepts individuals as their own religion.

What has Patrickism taught you about GOD?
Most of the aspects that I have come to know about GOD were not directly quoted to me by GOD but discovered through a continuous REALationship and from re-reading our documented conversations. I have compiled a list not to exalt this knowledge over other gods or to distinguish false gods but to see how the entity that I have been in contact with differs from other relationships with BEings claiming the same name.
  • GOD does not ask humans to do anything that GOD cannot DO him/herself.
  • GOD does not wait. (If there is something that GOD is concerned about he will not let moments pass to CORRECT the matter.)
  • GOD does not think like humans DO.
  • GOD has never incarnated into a physical existence nor ever has a need or desire to DO so.
  • You cannot offend GOD. GOD does not anger or have any regrets.
  • GOD does not live up to human expectations. GOD’s PURPOSE/existence and agenda is his/her own.
  • GOD does not interfere with our human lives.
  • GOD is not Catholic/Protestant/Baptist/ Unitarian/Amish/Born Again/ Jehovah Witness/Luthren/Mormon/Jewish/Islamic/Hindu/Atheist/Agnostic/Republican/Communist/Democratic/Liberal/Moderate/American/Arabic/Italian/ Asian/African/European/Australian
  • GOD does not punish or judge or enact revenge.
  • There is no will that GOD expects from us.
  • GOD does not murder or take away lives.
  • GOD does not hold ONE entity higher than the other, every entity (spiritual, physical, animal, plant) is equal.
  • GOD does not need you to believe in Him. GOD does not need to PROVE himself to you. GOD does not need defending. GOD exists with or without your LOVE/worship/attention.
  • GOD is not our Father, our babysitter or Superman.
  • GOD is not holy or divine (this may be a personal perception.)

cardero

Citizen Mod
What does Patrickism believe about the afterlife?

There are three things that I understand could happen:
  • The entity goes to a spiritual existence to prepare for another incarnation. This next physical existence could be anything or anywhere and is not an existence just afforded to this physical planet. It is usually some plan or purpose that can be achieved solely for the entity or shared among other physical (familiar) entities.
  • The entity goes to a spiritual existence and can stay in the spiritual realm most likely to perform some responsibility. This job depends on the continual purpose of the individual.
"Try not to view death as a vacation. It is not. When you go away to vacation, you usually go to "get away." In death, it is the opposite. Death is a way to "come back." When you go on vacation, you usually go to relax, to escape responsibility. Death, again, is just the opposite. In death, you don't escape responsibility; you "live up to it."

HELLO IT'S ME: An Interview With GOD
Chapter: Life After Death or Living On An Angel's Wages
Pg: 101
  • You can decide to completely terminate your existence, forever.
Again all these decisions or choices are decided only by the individual and are precluded by anyone as a judgment or passed as a sentencing.

Why would someone choose to incarnate in a physical existence?

Experience. Not necessarily the accumulation of experience but the ability to enliven experience. From what I understand, there are experiences that cannot be obtained in the spiritual realm and are exclusive only to a certain physical existences
What purpose do people choose when they incarnate into a physical existence?

An individual’s purpose is as varied as the stars in the universe. It is chosen by the individual entity and never given or assigned by another BEing.

What is Patrickism’s doctrine on death?

There are three things that people should remember about death:
  • REMEMBER, everyONE has to die; everyONE has to go out of this world in some way.
  • REMEMBER, there is no judgment in death, no right or wrong in death.
  • REMEMBER, the physical existence you are living now is not your home.
HELLO IT'S ME: An Interview With GOD
Chapter: The Effects Of Death On Our Lives
Pg: 388

cardero

Citizen Mod
ChrisP said:
Hi,

What is the significance of 1999 with regard to your own perception of Patrickism?

This significance of 1999 was when I personally met GOD and I was recognized and appreciated for the individual that I AM. It was the intricacies and eccentricities of my beliefs and personal purposes that GOD was most impressed with and not any group that I associate or have a standing with.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
cardero said:
This significance of 1999 was when I personally met GOD

Is there more to the story? What was the nature of your meeting? Is the talking a "talking" (communication through ideas) or an actual talking?

uumckk16

I once heard a rumor that you talk to GOD, is it true ?
No, what I do is I talk with GOD. There is a difference. Talking to GOD is a one way street. Talking with GOD implies listening and being an active participant and allowing for a response.

I don’t believe you, are you sure aren’t schizophrenic? Don’t you have to be chosen by GOD?
You have the right not to believe me. I cannot and will not use my relationship with GOD to persuade or impress you. As for being chosen by GOD, for the record, I chose GOD and found out He was always talking to me, I just decided to finally listen.

How does one go about choosing to listen to God? :)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
While I find much to admire within the doctrine of Patrickism, I've never been able to find any hard historical evidence for Patrick's actual existence.

Sure we have all those posts, but those could easily be interpolations made by over zealous follows of Patrickism, or perhaps part of a larger conspiracy perpetrated by the hierachy within the Patrickism movement.

Which takes nothing away from the message you understand.

(Good thread man
icon14.gif
)