• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paths - Which Are You On?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
What path are you on?

I'm currently looking into Wicca, Spiritualism and Divination.

Where is it leading?

I want my new spiritual path will take me as far as away from Christianity as it is possible. I couldn't get away fast enough when I finally disavowed my Christian faith after thirty years of being hoodwinked by Christianity. As far as I'm concerned, Christianity is nothing more than a religion of fear, shame and guilt trips. It's fear of God, the fear of hell, and shame and guilt trips from allegedly sinning against God. Honestly, forsaking my Christian faith was the best decision that I've ever made for myself. It was definitely the best decision that I've ever made for my mental health. I'm much better off without it, and I'm finally feeling peace in my life.

Is there a final destination?

According to the Bible, if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior, and you don't receive God's forgiveness for 'sinning' against him, then you will be cast into hell for all eternity. A lifetime of disobeying God earns you an eternity of immeasurable torture and suffering in hell. If the fear of going to hell isn't a self-defeating guilt trip, then I don't know what is. As an ex-Christian, I'm no longer afraid of being judged by God or sent to hell. I've finally let go of these fear tactics of Christianity. I'm no longer controlled by it.

Hoping @RayofLight wwill share in this discussion. :)

I'm glad that RayofLight hasn't fallen for your fearmongering proselytizing efforts. I'm also glad that other members are rejecting your proselytizing too. It seems like you're walking a thin line in your OP, and it's almost as if you're thumbing your nose at rule 8.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Jesus spoke of two roads

That's hearsay since not one word of anything is purported to have said was written down until decades after he died.

One leads to destruction. One leads to life Matthew 7:13, 14.

That has traditionally been attributed to St. Matthew the Evangelist, one of the 12 Apostles, described in the text as a tax collector. However the Gospel According to Matthew was composed in Greek, probably sometime after 70 ce, with evident dependence on the earlier Gospel According to Mark. Second or third hand hearsay at best.

Where is it leading? Is there a final destination?

My physical death, obviously. Hello darkness my old friend.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus spoke of two roads - one narrow, and one broad.

What path are you on?
There is no final destruction according to my beliefs. The self of beings is eternal and indestructible and part of Brahman.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

What path are you on?
I would call out his false dilemma, punch Jesus for attempting to extort me, and then continue down my own path.

Viker

Häxan

What path are you on?
My own path...cut by my own hand. I don't go it entirely alone. There are but only a few others with me.

Limited, potentially false, dichotomy and dualism do not always work for me.

InChrist

Free4ever
I would call out his false dilemma, punch Jesus for attempting to extort me, and then continue down my own path.
If Jesus loves you enough that He willingly paid the penalty for all your wrongdoings and offers you eternal life, why would you have the desire to punch Him or reject His kindness?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If Jesus loves you enough that He willingly paid the penalty for all your wrongdoings and offers you eternal life, why would you have the desire to punch Him or reject His kindness?
Because I haven't done anything proportionate to and thus deserving of eternal damnation, and threatening people with hellfire unless they submit isn't kindness; it's extortion.

Edit: 1. His payment wasn't requested,
2. It was to himself, 3. It wasn't much of a payment if he got what he gave right back.

What a dirty racket.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
Because I haven't done anything proportionate to and thus deserving of eternal damnation, and threatening people with hellfire unless they submit isn't kindness; it's extortion.
Okay, I appreciate hearing your perspective. What if you are misunderstanding, though, and not looking at the situation correctly?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
My path is broad indeed! I borrow from many traditions and disciplines and it is creative and free-flowing. It helps to inspire me and connects me to "God" in a way the mainstream idea of a Christian narrow path could not.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
God's more than welcomed to drop by and I would be happy to discuss it over pizza and beer.

Good luck with that. I remember praying to God as a child, pleading with him to stop the abuse I was suffering at home, but all my prayers went unanswered. I suffered severe abuse for 13 1/2 years until I turned 18 and moved out. The abuse didn't stop until I finally found the strength within myself to confront my abusers (my adopted mother and my adopted older brother). The abuse I suffered at home all those years stopped when I confronted my abusive brother and threatened him with calling the police.

I saved myself. No one else in my life ever lifted a finger to help me; not my family, not the neighbors, not my teachers in school, and not even the Christian God who supposedly loves us all and sent his son to die for us. God obviously couldn't be bothered to save a little girl from being abused (physically, psychologically, sexually) at home and viciously bullied and harassed in school.

I'm glad to see that you're not falling for the lies that there's a God who loves us as Christians claim. I fell for it, but not anymore.

If there is a God, then he is a cruel, sadistic, psychopathic, bloodthirsty, genocidal monster. A malicious monster who deliberately turns a blind eye to countless children being abused, turns a blind eye to countless cold-blooded murders, turns a blind eye to countless people dying of deadly diseases and viruses, and turned a blind eye to the six million Jews who were gassed to death by the Nazis during the Holocaust. If the God of the Bible is real, then he deliberately turns a blind eye to all the violence and human suffering in the world. I don't know about anyone else, but that doesn't sound like a loving, merciful and compassionate God to me.

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

What path are you on?

The narrow one that follows Jesus' teachings, not the wide road that worships him. We need more of the former. It really shouldn't be the narrow one.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Actually no. That's the mongoose's path. That's also the bear's path. Wanna fight about it?
R.73c162604d620bd3edb89cf60170ef11

:D

nPeace

Veteran Member
I dont really care what jesus says on much of anything as a nonchristian. But my path is quite narrow and I follow my own. Don't know where it leads or what the destination will be. I doubt it'd be my destruction
Well, you said you don't know, so I doubt you know that it won't be your destruction.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I don't accept the reference frame of the OP. We are all on the same path in different positions making progress at different speeds.

To me the theological reward and punishment paradigm is increasingly obsolete, a remnant of the kali yuga (dark age) we're leaving. In the coming sat yuga (golden age), it won't be needed.
Jesus does not agree with you... but maybe you like @RayofLight don't care? I don't know.