• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Robertson: Stroke is God's wrath

FFH

Veteran Member
beckysoup61 said:
We don't threaten Native Americans or terroize them? You got to be kidding me. Have you studied history? We forced Native Americans off their lands, killed many of them, and then forced the remaining ones to live on reservations.

Don't tell me we didn't terroize the Natives, because by golly we did.
At least we can live together peaceably, not like some middle eastern countries I know and Native Americans are compensated for losses as much as possible. Many Indians that we fought were also interested in terrorizing Americans. This is not just a black and white issue either. Many Americans were murdered simply because the Native Americans did not want to live together peacably. Bad guys on both sides. I am fully aware of our simple Native American history. I am talking about today. We can live together peacably.. The Mormons who settled this state, Utah, lived together peaceably with Native Americans from the beginning of our settlements here. Were do you think we got the name of our state? Not all Native Americans hate us.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Eynah said:
But that's not what you're saying. What you think should happen is that Israel should have the land, and guess what, they do. They've taken it, after leaving it, from the Palestinians. You say that the Palestinians don't want to live peacefully with the Jews, but I do not see how this is true. Show to me how this is true. Why do you say that the Palestinians do not want to live peacably? And I will say that I don't count terrorist bombings as proof of this, as they've happened on both sides.
Well, there was this little 6 day fracas a while back...which is how the Jews ended up with Gaza and the West Bank to begin with. That was years ago now though...

Eynah

FFH said:
Yes Sharon had an agenda that did not reflect the majority of the Jews on this issue. How he got away with this is beyond me. Corrupt leaders I would say, on both sides. The people, on both sides, suffer at the hands of corrupt leaders, on this issue. Good people on both sides, I want to make this clear. It is not all black and white. We only see the actions of corrupt leaders and a few citizens.
Actually, considering that most people in Israel are very upset over this, and it's been shown in the polls that he would have been re-elected most likely, even with the right wing, I think that it's fairly proven that under him it's what they wanted. I guess it's time to wait and see how they vote to see if they want it or not.

Lady_lazarus said:
Well, there was this little 6 day fracas a while back...which is how the Jews ended up with Gaza and the West Bank to begin with. That was years ago now though...
Hmm, I'll have to go and look up about that.

FFH

Veteran Member
Eynah said:
But that's not what you're saying. What you think should happen is that Israel should have the land, and guess what, they do. They've taken it, after leaving it, from the Palestinians. You say that the Palestinians don't want to live peacefully with the Jews, but I do not see how this is true. Show to me how this is true. Why do you say that the Palestinians do not want to live peacably? And I will say that I don't count terrorist bombings as proof of this, as they've happened on both sides.
Watch the future unfold and you will see that all Jews will be forced to leave or be destroyed. The Palestinian leaders will take nothing less than this. It is just a matter of time and money. Pay the Jews off and move them all out or be destroyed. Many people around the world feel sympathy for the Palestinians and not the Jews and will gather in defense of the Palestinians and the Jews will slowly all be forced to live somewhere else or be destroyed. They will have to flee for their lives according to Bible prophesy. The future has already been written.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
FFH said:
The future has already been written.
Twaddle.
Can we maybe start a more appropriate thread for this somewhere? Not that I'm not enjoying it, but, you know.
How about that Pat Robertson character? He's a funny little bugger, isn't he?:biglaugh:

FFH

Veteran Member
So anyway I think it was a few too many cheese burgers that caused Sharon's stroke, not the "wrath of God", so I can agree with you all on that, I think. You know what I mean? Diet, not God, that causes strokes. Or maybe a combination of stress from being a politician, plus a bad diet, that caused the stroke. Either way he is probably kicking himself for not heeding the doctors advise prior to this stroke. He knew he had to change his diet but didn't. He ignored the doctors.

Eynah

FFH said:
So anyways I think it was a few too many cheese burgers that caused Sharon's stroke, not the "wrath of God", so I can agree with you all on that, I think. You know what I mean? Diet, not God, that causes strokes. Or maybe a combination of stress from being a politician, plus a bad diet, that caused the stroke. Either way he is probably kicking himself for not heeding the doctors advise prior to this stroke. He knew he had to change his diet but didn't. He ignored the doctors.
Actually, they think that it was because of the whole in his heart and the blood thinners. He was going in for an operation probably just the next day for it, which was why he gave over power to the Deputy PM. I don't think it was the Wrath of God, though.

FFH

Veteran Member
I am sure that if God wanted him in power He would have prevented the stroke. This would be more accurate than to say that it was the "wrath of God".

FFH

Veteran Member
Pat comments on the news of the day. It does not seem scripted in any way. He may say stuff that he regrets later. We all say stuff that we regret later. We really are just not well enough informed on all subjects. Pat is the same way. He needs to study what God is really saying or doing. The future is written and will come to pass exactly how it is written, in the Bible, for the Jews, in Isreal. They will be moved out of their land once again and nothing will stop that, short of an intervention from God himself.

FFH

Veteran Member
The deputy Prime Minister is just as determined to go forward with the so called "peace process" and maybe even more determined than Sharon was. So it makes no sense to take out Sharon, because a younger stronger person will only move the process along a lot faster. It looks to me like God wants to speed things up a bit. Get this over with, if you know what I mean. Hurry up and do your dirty work so I can do mine. Wasn't it Jesus himself that said to Judas Iscariot, "what you have to do do quickly" just before he betrayed Jesus? Looks like God is doing the same thing here. "What you have to do do quickly" I can see the parallel. A Jew betraying a Jew. It is so classic. Back stabbers. Don't we do the same thing to those of our own ethnic background or those who are of the same religion, etc.?

Eynah

FFH said:
The deputy Prime Minister is just as determined to go forward with the so called "peace process" and maybe even more determined than Sharon was. So it makes no sense to take out Sharon, because a younger stronger person will only move the process along a lot faster. It looks to me like God wants to speed things up a bit. Get this over with, if you know what I mean. Hurry up and do your dirty work so I can do mine. Wasn't it Jesus himself that said to Judas Iscariot, "what you have to do do quickly" just before he betrayed Jesus? Looks like God is doing the same thing here. "What you have to do do quickly" I can see the parallel. A Jew betraying a Jew. It is so classic. Back stabbers. Don't we do the same thing to those of our own ethnic background or those who are of the same religion, etc.?
There is an election in March, and there is no guarantee that he will win in it. So, he would have to do it a lot quicker. However, I don't think that they are being back stabbers. If this happens, with or without Sharon, it would have to be that he was elected.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
lady_lazarus said:
Was that the one with the Pop-Guns and water bombs?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Sunstone said:
Pat Robertson is a tele-evangelist with a long history of making dire pronouncements about God's wrath descending on people that he (Pat) doesn't like. The people he doesn't like include homosexuals, liberals, non-Christians, and miscellaneous others. Recently, he foresaw God's wrath descending on Dover Pennsylvania for voting out of office the school board that supported putting Intelligent Design in the science classes. Formerlly, he has seen God's wrath descending on Orlando Florida for allowing homosexuals to congregate at Disney World. God's wrath is everywhere for Pat. And if you keep saying he's a nobody, Chris, then no doubt an earthquake will be unleased on New Zealand to punnish you. Beware the wrath of Pat! Erm, I mean the wrath of God!
:biglaugh: Earthquakes are unleashed on us daily. Wellington, where I live, has 3 major fault lines meeting in the middle of it. I love working on the 13th floor of an office built on reclaimed land. . .

So: Sorry Pat, please don't smite me!!!! :help:

Smoke

Done here.
FFH said:
Frankly I would be mad too if someone had given the land that I live on now to another, especially someone who was antagonistic towards me, or an enemy.
Good; then you can begin to imagine how the Palestinians feel.

wmam

FFH said:
I have said before that I agree with allot of what you have said and I continue to stand by that. I would, however, ask that you not let those that attack you get the best of you. You have to remember that it doesn't really matter. This whole forum that we post to many threads in is somewhat a meter of the varying beliefs and many disbeliefs through out its members. It could be looked at as some poll of thoughts and feelings and shows, somewhat, what the majority of man believes and the questions and idioms of their thinking. It is a sad thing to see how most are so far from the Truth and what wrath will come into play soon on those enemy's of YAH. We will all just have to sit back and watch it all play out as to His will. ;)

Reactions: FFH