• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Robertson: Stroke is God's wrath

Eynah

FFH said:
Pat prayed for my healing when no one else would.

He is not a bad man. He is a very good man. If you noticed Pat said that Ariel Sharon "was a tender hearted man and a good friend". Pat is not a mean or hateful person and neither is God. He is only trying to warn those who go against God's will. God is only trying to help us not hurt or hate us. God loves us and reproves us because of his love for us.
So, God supports having the world trade centers blown up because of homosexuality in America? He allows hurricanes and tsunamis to hit because we're evil? I'm not saying that Pat isn't a good man or a believer in some things, but he is quite hateful from the things that he says. He may not realise it, but he's pretty much a joke to everyone I speak to.

This isn't on subject, but I'm curious. While I'm not sure how long you've been LDS, it could be a recent conversion. If it's not, why did you not ask for a blessing on your foot? I've seen blessings for a lot less, and prayer circles for them too.

Eynah

FFH said:
Anyone know exactly what day Ariel Sharon had his stroke?
He had his stroke on Wednesday night after handing over power to Deputy PM Ehud Olmert. He had a small one in december as well.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
FFH said:
He is not a bad man. He is a very good man. If you noticed Pat said that Ariel Sharon "was a tender hearted man and a good friend". Pat is not a mean or hateful person and neither is God. He is only trying to warn those who go against God's will. God is only trying to help us not hurt or hate us. God loves us and reproves us because of his love for us.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."
"If anybody understood what Hindus really believe, there would be no doubt that they have no business administering government policies in a country that favors freedom and equality."
"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history."
"Presbyterians are the spirit of the Antichrist."
"The Antichrist is probably a Jew alive in Israel today."
"When lawlessness is abroad in the land, the same thing will happen here that happened in Nazi Germany. Many of those people involved with Adolph Hitler were Satanists, many of them were homosexuals – the two things seem to go together."

I am sorry, but I cannot see such quotes as anything but hateful.

wmam

FFH said:
Thanks Jewscout for posting this. While you are all bashing Pat Robertson, I will put in a good word FOR him. He has personally prayed for me. He prayed for my foot which had been crushed in a motorcycle accident. For about 4 months I could not walk on my foot. It was so painful that I did not want anyone touching it. I refused to see a doctor. I could not put any pressure on my foot without extreme pain. I could not stand for more than 30 seconds before it started to swell up and go numb. Ususally doctors can't do much for a broken foot anyway, so I decided to just allow it to heal by itself. The doctors could do nothing for me, I thought to myself. I knew some of the bones had been crushed and all the tissue in my foot was badly damaged and all I could think of was my friend in High school who had last his foot and leg from the knee down. I did not want to lose my foot. My foot was stiff and blue and I could not move it. It was that way for several months. The nerves were not working properly and the circulation was very poor. My foot twitched for months. It was constantly swollen and blueish and purple. It would swell up even further when I stood up within 30 seconds and it would become very painful and numb within 10 to 20 minutes. I spent all day laying in bed for about 3-4 months. One day while watching the 700 club with Pat Robertson, I noticed faith swelling up inside me. Pat and started praying for those that needed healing. He became more specific and then towards the very end of his program he mentioned there was someone who had an injury to his foot. He said he wasn't sure what had happpened but he said something had smashed my foot. I knew it was me because my 400 pound bike had smashed my foot when it got caught between my bike and a plastic car bumper at 15-20 mph. Pat prayed and said that your bones are being kintted back together. He said to "stand up and do something you could not do before". I immediately stood up and walked and was able to put pressure on my injured foot. I even thought maybe it wasn't true, I was just imagining it, so I tested it and stood on one foot, the injured foot. I was amazed and felt a feeling go through my body, from the top of my head down. I called the 800 number and told my story.

I don't agree with most here and do have some problems with names used and so forth as well as certain doctrines and all but I just want to say that after reading all the hate here and to see one in the mist of evil it just inspires me. I to know what he meant by what he said then as well as all the other times. I believe that you are correct that he isn't a mean or bad man. I disagree with allot of what he says when it comes to the names and so forth but I believe that he will be one that will be given the chance to change his mind when the time comes. He has done so much good. To hear things against anyone as I have read here is just sad.

FFH

Veteran Member
Eynah said:
So, God supports having the world trade centers blown up because of homosexuality in America? He allows hurricanes and tsunamis to hit because we're evil? I'm not saying that Pat isn't a good man or a believer in some things, but he is quite hateful from the things that he says. He may not realise it, but he's pretty much a joke to everyone I speak to.

This isn't on subject, but I'm curious. While I'm not sure how long you've been LDS, it could be a recent conversion. If it's not, why did you not ask for a blessing on your foot? I've seen blessings for a lot less, and prayer circles for them too.
God did not cause Islam extremists to hijack 4 planes and do the destruction that they did. THIS WAS NOT GOD, this was done by SATAN and his followers, in the spirit, and on earth. SATAN also has CERTAIN powers over CERTAIN elements of the earth. SATAN can cause crazy weather and other natural disasters.

Pat does not hate anyone, anymore than you or I do. Hate the sin not the sinner, this is
a common Christian motto. I am sure Pat feels the same way.

As far as my healing goes, I felt that I knew had faith to heal bones and tissue that were so badly scared and dead inside. My foot lookes like a dead corpses foot. I would get sick and started to fear whenever I looked at it. IT WAS BAD. I prayed constantly that I would not lose it. I feared that I might if I did not pray. I was not asking anyone to pray for me or did not ask for a blessing. It just happened while watching the 700 club, something I ususally did anyway. I like to hear the miraculous healings of others that were documented and shown on the program. I was expecting God to heal me directly somehow. At the very least a slow healing was expected. My foot still is stiff and a somewhat swollen, but I can walk on it and have no pain. I can touch it and walk on it. I could not do this before. I was in pain and my foot was blue and purple for 3-4 months and could not sleep at night before that. My foot is now a reddish color and it does not hurt and I can walk on it. It is not completely healed but it is EXTREMELY better than before Pat prayed for it. It was an instan healing. The circulation came back into my foot. I don't think that an LDS member would have granted me a blessing. They would have said go to a doctor. I didn't need a doctor I needed a touch from God. My foot was too messed up. You had to have seen it. I kept a sock on it so I wouldn't see it and how gross it looked. Like a dead corpses foot. Now it has life in it and is red as a new born baby's foot. The circulation came back into it. I will not lose my foot. This was my biggest prayer to God. Save my foot and he did. God granted to me what I asked. It does not matter who prayed for me. It does not matter that I did not get a blessing from a priesthood holder. It does not matter that nobody layed hands on me or put oil on my head. It just took my faith plus the faith of another plus the healing power of God to heal me. I was directly healed by God. He saved my foot or at least allowed me to walk again. Before I could not do that. I was getting worried and was sure I would not ever walk normal again in my life. I know that I will walk completely normal in the next few months. Remember I hadn't walked for about 4 months and I still very limited in the walking that I can do. It's been 6 months since the accident and it is STILL going through a natural healing process. I can feel circulation going back into parts of my foot that were numb before. THIS I can feel as I type right now. Off and on this happens. I still spend all day recovering from this. I had to quit my job, as well.

Pat is a good guy and so is God. God cares about us and wants what's best for us.
Of course Pat is human and WILL make mistakes, but how many of us are perfect, we are all sinners. Can we really throw stones? Are we really in a position to throw stones at Pat or anyone else? I am not anywhere near perfect, but God still chose to heal me, regardless of my sinful nature. I did not deserve healing, I just asked for it, when there was nothing that any doctor could do for me. I was on my own. I have had LDS priesthood blessings and they require the person giving them to have faith as well. I did not think anyone had the faith to heal my badly damaged foot. I needed bones to be made whole and healthy again. They were badly damaged and smashed. I could have lost my foot to this accident. It became stiff and I could not move it, like rigamortis was setting in. It freaked me out. I drive so slow now it is ridiculous. I am paranoid that someone will dart out in front of me again. The accident was not my fault, It could happen again and I kind of like my body the way it is. I don't want to lose an arm or leg. God gives us grace every day of our lives. He lends us our very breath.

Eynah

FFH said:
God did not cause Islam extremists to hijack 4 planes and do the destruction that they did. THIS WAS NOT GOD, this was done by SATAN and his followers, in the spirit and on earth. SATAN also has CERTAIN powers over CERTAIN elements of the earth. SATAN can cause crazy weather and other natural disasters.
Then maybe Pat should stop saying that these things happened because of such things. Why would God strike down a man who is working to make peace in their nation? We are all said to be children of this God, so why would he want there to be fighting? He might have the greatest respect for Sharon, but he has a funny way of showing it.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Sunstone said:
Pat Robertson is a tele-evangelist with a long history of making dire pronouncements about God's wrath descending on people that he (Pat) doesn't like. The people he doesn't like include homosexuals, liberals, non-Christians, and miscellaneous others. Recently, he foresaw God's wrath descending on Dover Pennsylvania for voting out of office the school board that supported putting Intelligent Design in the science classes. Formerlly, he has seen God's wrath descending on Orlando Florida for allowing homosexuals to congregate at Disney World. God's wrath is everywhere for Pat. And if you keep saying he's a nobody, Chris, then no doubt an earthquake will be unleased on New Zealand to punnish you. Beware the wrath of Pat! Erm, I mean the wrath of God!
:biglaugh: ...LOL!

FFH

Veteran Member
Eynah said:
Then maybe Pat should stop saying that these things happened because of such things. Why would God strike down a man who is working to make peace in their nation? We are all said to be children of this God, so why would he want there to be fighting? He might have the greatest respect for Sharon, but he has a funny way of showing it.
God loves people but he cannot interfere with the natural process of cause and affect, unless we change our ways, and have faith in Christ's atonement for our sins, and ask for the healing power of God in our lives. Sharon looks dangerously over weight for his age, and maybe he had a few too many cheese burgers, and THAT'S what caused his stroke, not God. Satan can mess up our health and destroy us in every other way that he has been given power to do. My grandmother had a stroke recently too. She did not eat right at all. I am surprised it took this long for her to have a stroke. This is cause and affect.

God could have spared Sharon from his stroke, and can also heal Sharon from his stroke, and the affects of it. We must rely on God when we are well and when we are sick. He wants to heal us not hurt us. Sharon was not doing God's will in his life. Sharon was doing his own will not God's. Sharon caused his own demise, not God. He would have been assassinated or killed sooner or later. Maybe someone put something in his drink or food that caused the stroke. We don't know. God is not the bad guy here, SATAN IS THE BAD GUY. SATAN messes our lives up big time if we let him. God blesses our life and makes it prosperous if we let Him.

FFH

Veteran Member
Satan has power to destroy and to kill in almost anyway imaginable. We cannot blame God for what Satan has done. God only allows this to happen. He can stop it or allow it. Men have free will to choose God's will for their lives or to follow Satan's will for their lives. We cannot avoid the cause and affect releationship that goes along with this. If we do something against God's will there will be a negative affect. If we do something in favor of God's will for us then we will reap a positive affect. It is all about cause and affect. This was laid out in the beginning of time. If there is such a thing as the beginning of time. We can avoid the cause and affects of sin by casting our sins upon a Savior, Redeemer, or Deliverer of sins. Jesus Christ took the punishment of the worlds sins, for all that would repent and turn to Him. Turn from sin and beleive in Jesus Christ and you will not feel the affects of sin, if done sincerely.

Eynah

FFH said:
God loves people but he cannot interfere with the natural process of cause and affect, unless we change our ways, and have faith in Christ's atonement for our sins, and ask for the healing power of God in our lives. Sharon looks dangerously over weight for his age, and maybe he had a few too many cheese burgers, and THAT'S what caused his stroke, not God. Satan can mess up our health and destroy us in every other way that he has been given power to do. My grandmother had a stroke recently too. She did not eat right at all. I am surprised it took this long for her to have a stroke. This is cause and affect.
And I quote:

"...The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who, quote, "divide my land." God considers this land to be his. You read the Bible, he says, "This is my land." And for any prime minister of Israel who decides he going carve it up and give it away, God says, "No. This is mine." And the same thing -- I had a wonderful meeting with Yitzhak Rabin in 1974. He was tragically assassinated, and it was terrible thing that happened, but nevertheless, he was dead. And now Ariel Shareon, who was again a very likeable person, a delightful person to be with. I prayed with him personally. But here he is at the point of death. He was dividing God's land, and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations or United States of America. God said, 'This land belongs to me, you better leave it alone.' "

In other words, this happened because God made it happen. It has nothing to do with him being overweight, or eating unhealthy. Nope, God made it happen. He made it happen to Yitzhak Rabin, and you'd better watch out! If you support it, and try to do it, he'll get you too! Such a loving God that Pat Roberston belives in.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200601050004

FFH

Veteran Member
Frankly I would be mad too if someone had given the land that I live on now to another, especially someone who was antagonistic towards me, or an enemy. Can you imagine your land that you live on being sold to another without your consent and then being offered a low ball value of your house and land. I am sure those that had to leave Gaza did not get full value of their land and houses and businesses. I would be extremely upset at Sharon if this had been done to me. We must have compassion on him but we must also have anger for what he did to his fellow citizens. This was not the right thing for him to do. No one should have to give up land for a FALSE PEACE. Giving away land to the Palestinians will not result in peace, but it will only result in destruction and war more loss of land for the Jews. They will have to flee into the wilderness to save their lives in the last day, as has been predicted in the BIble. Armageddon will be the final battle in the Valley of Migiddo in that area. The world will, in the end, turn their weapons towards God and try to fight the remnant of God's people left on the earth. This will end in the destruction of all those that fight against God, the world will be destroyed. It will all happen soon. The stage is being set. We can only watch and pray that things won't get too bad while we are still here. America is truely blessed to be protected by such a vast strong military. I feel bad for the Jews. Very bad, they are almost completely unprotected. An army could surround them from all sides, if they wanted too, and if we did not help them.

Eynah

FFH said:
Frankly I would be mad too if someone had given the land that I live on now to another, especially someone who was antagonistic towards me, or an enemy. Can you imagine your land that you live on being sold to another without your consent and then being offered a low ball value of your house and land. I am sure those that had to leave Gaza did not get full value of their land and houses and businesses. I would be extremely upset at Sharon if this had been done to me. We must have compassion on him but we must also have anger for what he did to his fellow citizens. This was not the right thing for him to do. No one should have to give up land for a FALSE PEACE. Giving away land to the Palestinians will not result in peace, but it will only result in destruction and war more loss of land for the Jews. They will have to flee into the wilderness to save their lives in the last day, as has been predicted in the BIble. Armaggedon will be the final battle in the Valley of Miggido in that area. The world will, in the end, turn their weapons towards God and try to fight the remnant of God's people left on the earth. This will end in the destruction of all those that fight against God, the world will be destroyed. It will all happen soon. The stage is being set. We can only watch and pray that things won't get too bad while we are still here. America is truely blessed to be protected by such a vast strong military. I feel bad for the Jews. Very bad, they are almost completely unprotected. An army could surround them from all sides, if they wanted too, and if we did not help them.
But I thought you said Satan was the cause of all bad things?

Really, is it that bad to give up a chunk of land that will help bring peace? Are not all people God's people? I believe that to be so, so why would he care if one group had some land instead of another group? To me, I think that this God would have to be very petty to want his Chosen to go day after day having to wonder if their going to get blown up, when it's possible that it would stop it with them having just a bit less land.

FFH said:
Thanks Jewscout for posting this. While you are all bashing Pat Robertson, I will put in a good word FOR him. He has personally prayed for me. He prayed for my foot which had been crushed in a motorcycle accident. For about 4 months I could not walk on my foot. It was so painful that I did not want anyone touching it. I refused to see a doctor. I could not put any pressure on my foot without extreme pain. I could not stand for more than 30 seconds before it started to swell up and go numb. Ususally doctors can't do much for a broken foot anyway, so I decided to just allow it to heal by itself. The doctors could do nothing for me, I thought to myself. I knew some of the bones had been crushed and all the tissue in my foot was badly damaged and all I could think of was my friend in High school who had last his foot and leg from the knee down. I did not want to lose my foot. My foot was stiff and blue and I could not move it. It was that way for several months. The nerves were not working properly and the circulation was very poor. My foot twitched for months. It was constantly swollen and blueish and purple. It would swell up even further when I stood up within 30 seconds and it would become very painful and numb within 10 to 20 minutes. I spent all day laying in bed for about 3-4 months. One day while watching the 700 club with Pat Robertson, I noticed faith swelling up inside me. Pat and started praying for those that needed healing. He became more specific and then towards the very end of his program he mentioned there was someone who had an injury to his foot. He said he wasn't sure what had happpened but he said something had smashed my foot. I knew it was me because my 400 pound bike had smashed my foot when it got caught between my bike and a plastic car bumper at 15-20 mph. Pat prayed and said that your bones are being kintted back together. He said to "stand up and do something you could not do before". I immediately stood up and walked and was able to put pressure on my injured foot. I even thought maybe it wasn't true, I was just imagining it, so I tested it and stood on one foot, the injured foot. I was amazed and felt a feeling go through my body, from the top of my head down. I called the 800 number and told my story.

What a wonderful report of healing and faith that you brought to us FFH.:) Thank you so very much for sharing it with us. I'm so happy for you. God works miracles in many ways and through many people.

FFH

Veteran Member
Eynah said:
And I quote:

"...The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has ENMITY against THOSE who, quote, "DIVIDE MY LAND." God considers this land to be his. You read the Bible, he says, "This is my land." And for any prime minister of Israel who decides he going carve it up and give it away, God says, "No. This is mine." And the same thing -- I had a wonderful meeting with Yitzhak Rabin in 1974. He was tragically assassinated, and it was terrible thing that happened, but nevertheless, he was dead. And now Ariel Shareon, who was again a very likeable person, a delightful person to be with. I prayed with him personally. But here he is at the point of death. He was dividing God's land, and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations or United States of America. God said, 'This land belongs to me, you better leave it alone.' "

In other words, this happened because God made it happen. It has nothing to do with him being overweight, or eating unhealthy. Nope, God made it happen. He made it happen to Yitzhak Rabin, and you'd better watch out! If you support it, and try to do it, he'll get you too! Such a loving God that Pat Roberston belives in.
Do you even know what the word enmity means? It means a deep seated mutual hatred. God hates those that divide His land, and I would hate a person that did that to my land, as well. It did not say that God would cause a stroke or an assassination. This is the result of God staying his protective hand on a persons life. God withdraws his protective hand on your live and HE LET'S SATAN AND HIS FOLLOWERS HAVE FULL SWING AT YOU. In other words he lets Satan and all those that oppose, and hate you, have THEIR full will with you, and your life, by letting them do whatever they want to. Your life will quickly go down hill and will quickly be destroyed. Without the saving grace of God in your life you would quickly be destroyed. He lends us our very breath.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
If the worst Satan can do is a stroke while God can rain down hellfire, he's doing a pretty subpar job for the prince of darkness.

Eynah

FFH said:
Do you even know what the word enmity means? It means a mutual hatred. God hates those that divide His land and I would hate a person that did that to my land as well. It did not say that God would cause a stroke or an assassination. This is the result of God staying his protective hand on a persons life. God withdraws his protective hand on your live and HE LET'S SATAN AND HIS FOLLOWERS HAVE FULL SWING AT YOU. In other words he lets Satan and all those that oppose, and hate you, have their full will with you, by letting them do whatever they want to, with your miserable iife. Your life goes down hill and is quickly destroyed. Without the saving grace of God in your life you would quickly be destroyed. He lends us our very breath.
Pat Robertson is still saying that the stroke is God's wrath. And how is it that we do not just have God withdrawing his protection from anyone who isn't a follower of Him? A true follower. I would say that not believing in Him is a worse crime then trying to establish peace in your country. I also think that it is not His land, it is His chosen's land, and as such it would be up to them to do what they will with it.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I can't help but to get tickled sometimes at the jokes that Pat Robertson is the butt of. I think he makes poor choices in the way that he presents his views. And it's a shame...because he's really an excellent evangelist and the 700 Club really is a good program that reaches out to many people, sharing the gospel and sharing the stories of people who have been victorious in Christ. They also give MUCH to those in need and their prayer has reached out to many, many people...touched many hearts...

Unfortunately, he doesn't always use the most tactful approach when touching on certain issues. I'm a pretty conservative gal but I'm often put off by the way in which he presents his ideals.

Stating that Sharon's stroke is a result of the "Wrath of God", I think is uncalled for. That doesn't settle very well with me, especially during a time of uncertainty and pain. I DO believe that God's got a plan for us all...and that the situation with Sharon is in his hands.

Despite his quirks...his ministry really is a positive one. Unfortunately, due to his approach...he's painted a negative image for many about an organization that has done very, very good things for people.

(I haven't read this entire thread...so now...I back track...:))

FFH

Veteran Member
Eynah said:
But I thought you said Satan was the cause of all bad things?
Satan and all of his followers in the spirit, and on earth. They are all the cuase of everything that is bad or evil and destructive on earth. Look at the story of Job, God points out this fact, by allowing Satan to destroy Job's life. God's hand was stayed while Job had almost full power over his life. Satan even caused freak storms that destroyed Job's property.

Really, is it that bad to give up a chunk of land that will help bring peace? Are not all people God's people? I believe that to be so, so why would he care if one group had some land instead of another group? To me, I think that this God would have to be very petty to want his Chosen to go day after day having to wonder if their going to get blown up, when it's possible that it would stop it with them having just a bit less land.[/QUOTE]Is it that bad that you or I give away parts of America to the extreme Islamic terrorists or anyone else for peace? You have not looked at Bible history. The Jews have always had an enemy. The Philistines were constantly messing with the Jewish people. David and Goliath is a story that all will remember. Philistine-Palestine. You get the idea. I am sure that they are descendents of this great power, in the history of the Bible. The Palestinians are not in it for peace, they are in it to conquer the land of Jerusalem, by buying or forcing the Jews off their own land. I would be furious too, if this was happening to America or my personal land. I can imagine how God feels. He we allows it to happen to a certain degree. God allows evil to happen for a certain amount of time, then comes judgement. Judgement will fall, eventually, on all those that fight and oppose the state of Isreal and the Jews and all those that call themselves Christian or accept Christ as their Savior. What is happening now with Isreal will result in a final battle called Armageddon, in the valley of Megiddo, in Isreal.

This is a FALSE PEACE and will only lead in to the destruction of those that support it. We must not support it either. God says those that bless Isreal will be blessed and those that curse and fight against Isreal will be cursed, and then destroyed, eventually.