• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Robertson says

Yerda

Veteran Member
“One grandchild comes high on marijuana, cursing and challenging our faith. I correct him and have told my daughter to ask him to respect our beliefs, but he keeps it up.

I have to say, I kinda like him already.

buddhist

That's nice. Maybe he and his children will submit to the Catholics' Inquisition then until they submit to the Catholics' Christ?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, read the article, but can't watch the video.
Does he say to beat the kid until he believes in God? I only (wow...only...) read that he thought some discipline should be beat into the kid around the drug use.

I regularly see kids who need more discipline in their life. Most of those same kids also need more actual parenting, which doesn't just include discipline but also (more importantly) real conversations, interest, and invested time. Also a willingness to make hard choices in their best interests.
Haven't noticed religion being much of a factor either way, to be honest.

idav

Being
Premium Member
“One grandchild comes high on marijuana, cursing and challenging our faith. I correct him and have told my daughter to ask him to respect our beliefs, but he keeps it up.

I have to say, I kinda like him already.
That wasn't Robertson. Robertsons answer to that was take the kid to the woodshed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't see any essential difference between him and the Islamic fanatics. They're cut from the same cloth.
At least Robertson agrees with legalizing pot (or maybe specifically medical use - it's been a few years and I don't remember all the details).