• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pastor Kicked Out by His Congregation Over Transphobic Church Sign

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For instance, "male and female he created them" seems a bit dismissive of intersex people, but to make it anti-trans, we'd need assumptions about the relationship between sex, gender identity, gender expression, etc., that just aren't spelled out in the Bible.
As for inter sexed, it's not unusual for the Evangelical crowd to claim that only happens because sin corrupted the world. As Genesis says, god created them male and female and everything was good. It was until after sin that the world and Creation knew corruption. And, as such, being transgender is a corruption of this "perfect world" scenario and wouldn't happen if sin didn't exist.

Muffled

Jesus in me
He's the type of Pastor that gets into himself and likes puffing up his chest.

Even named the Bible after himself.

The MacArthur Study Bible, NASB

I believe I have never noticed anything like that. Do you have examples?

I believe I had a Ryrie study Bible. That only means the commentary was by Ryrie and I would suppose that would be true of John also. I believe a person doing a commentary should identify himself as the person doing the commentary.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I believe I have never noticed anything like that. Do you have examples?

I believe I had a Ryrie study Bible. That only means the commentary was by Ryrie and I would suppose that would be true of John also. I believe a person doing a commentary should identify himself as the person doing the commentary.
Just look on Amazon. It's right there up for sale.